forum

AR10 reading

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer
I'm spaming HR at any song from a good time, no mathers cs/*/AR/od/hp/BPM...
I can pass hards AR10 93-96% acc and low misses 1-5.
I can pass aswell some ligth insanes having 80-90% acc and misses from 10 to 30.
But at insanes and extras the speed of the circles it's to high and when I'm watching 1 circle i bareli can see 3 more appear. I have no time to hit them all.
The thing is i'm sure isn't bad reaction time, cause i could hit any of those circles 100 times without miss with a little more AR if they come 1 for 1 and not all at "same time". It's not about triples, slidders or streams.

Maybe It's reading? How can i work that? Just playing HR insanes/extras until i can?
It's the same when playing some fast AR10 maps without HR.
My aim speed It's really good.
I'm not feeling good improvment anymore by playing Insanes HR so I'm asking you.
Endaris
Playing HR is not worthwhile unless your acc is good enough. Hint: Yours isn't.
Anyway, the best way to get used to AR10 without frustrating yourself is probably playing AR8+DT.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Endaris wrote:

Playing HR is not worthwhile unless your acc is good enough. Hint: Yours isn't.
Anyway, the best way to get used to AR10 without frustrating yourself is probably playing AR8+DT.
I really like AR10, I'm not playing for ranks so i don't matter about It's worth or not. I just want to be better to can enjoy extra songs with the mod.

I can't play DT It's 10times harder for me than HR. i can't tap when lot of circles at same time at screen. It's like easy mod for me. The aproach rate isn't the problem, i can play Insane DT perfectly using Relax mod and read everysingle circle, but imposible to tap a hard song Dt.
Endaris
Being able to play something with Relax never means jackshit.
You can't read AR10 and you're playing whack-a-mole with it based on your acc-values.

Getting better at nomod would certainly be a good idea as it is the fundament to being able to play Extra-diffs properly.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Endaris wrote:

Being able to play something with Relax never means jackshit.
You can't read AR10 and you're playing whack-a-mole with it based on your acc-values.

Getting better at nomod would certainly be a good idea as it is the fundament to being able to play Extra-diffs properly.
And how I'm going to improve playing HR without playing it? I don't improve faster playing it? I don't understand it.
I'm improving a lot at nomod by playing HR mod. Why do you think i have to play with nomod to improve at HR when i already improve a lot at nomod without play it?

I got a lot better acc tapping, streaming, and much much much better aim/raw aim than i would have improved by playing nomod. Also i can follow better the rythm than never cause after spaming high OD, these songs no mods are really easy to accurate.
I think you're judging me or my skills by my account rank. I don't rank any song since a long time and I'm not interested on do it until i can pass my toprank playing HR. So ignore the profile nomod topranks, acc, plays, etc.

I just want help to know how to start reading the Insanes and extra with HR. How can i practice that, or what can help me to be able to play them and improving well by doing it.
And I'm totally able to read aproach rate 10, and even more. But can't handle it when a lot of circles at screen. I can pass a song with much more speed than insanes AR10 If it's a jumps map. I repeat, my problem It's as more circles at same time on the screen less i can focus on everysingle one. The AR dosn't matter there. I have the same problem If the same amout of circles are in the screen at same time playing AR7/8/9 and i can totally pass insanes ar9 and ar7 with >98%acc.
Should i edit easy maps to make them like playing EASY mod but AR10 or how can i improve that? I have no idea.
E m i
well ar10 is hard to some degree and you should expect mistaps or other similar problems

the reason why relax is no problem is rather simple, you need to mouse over EVERYTHING just until it gets clicked by the mod itself - everything requires the same reaction. you don't even know if something is a slider, a triple, a circle, a double? You don't know if it's 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 1/1? Not much of a problem, it'll get clicked when it's needed.

when you introduce tapping to ar10 you don't have much time to determine what to do for each pattern which can become a problem if there are many of them at once (by which I don't mean many objects, but pattern changes like z z zxz zxzxz z zxz zxz z | jump jump triple stream jump triple triple circle)
higher spacing also gives you less time, you know - peripheral vision is less accurate, moving your eyes over to the circle takes time, and other bullshit like that. so it's not weird that you're having a lot less trouble reading hards than insanes/extras

I don't know how to transition into "play more" so I'll just say play more yay

you'll eventually develop a way to read it. An example "trick" or whatever that I have developed for ar11 is alternating and holding down the keys. That way, I can read the patterns AFTER I've clicked them and simply keep the key pressed if it's a slider or move on if it was a circle. I know it's an extreme example and I'm oversimplifying but if I played a lot more I would, for example, get better at it and stop falling behind if the map is 200+bpm or has triples or streams or whatever.

also 144hz monitor, more fps, and higher gamma help make the circles more noticeable in two ways
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Momiji wrote:

well ar10 is hard to some degree and you should expect mistaps or other similar problems

the reason why relax is no problem is rather simple, you need to mouse over EVERYTHING just until it gets clicked by the mod itself - everything requires the same reaction. you don't even know if something is a slider, a triple, a circle, a double? You don't know if it's 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 1/1? Not much of a problem, it'll get clicked when it's needed.

when you introduce tapping to ar10 you don't have much time to determine what to do for each pattern which can become a problem if there are many of them at once (by which I don't mean many objects, but pattern changes like z z zxz zxzxz z zxz zxz z | jump jump triple stream jump triple triple circle)

I don't have any problem with patterns, i already played a lot and the triples, streams, etc going solo by my left hand. Only doubles on slidders rektme cause I'm aldeady doing the slidder when i realice the 2°hit. If i totally focus on the rythm this issue hardly happens.
When i mean play relax i mean stop on the triples knowing there are triples, no swim or fly around or hit them because reactions. But i know What you mean. I try to say i can see all the circles like I'm playing ar 7

Momiji wrote:

higher spacing also gives you less time, you know - peripheral vision is less accurate, moving your eyes over to the circle takes time, and other bullshit like that. so it's not weird that you're having a lot less trouble reading hards than insanes/extras
I don't know man, i feel like isn't the time what i have, cause to acc x300 AR10 i have to wait a little so my reactions and speed are totally fine to play inanes+extras HR

Momiji wrote:

I don't know how to transition into "play more" so I'll just say play more yay
I'm playing all what i can and even more xD. Just don't feeling I'm improving well, or I'm going to be able to play this. It's like when a kid learn to read. He can stay 10 years watching a book, but If no one help him and tell how to read he never go to learn for himself by watching the book. I think that happens to me playing extra HR, i feel like i just need one thing to start to play and learn while playing. Thats why I'm asking.

Momiji wrote:

you'll eventually develop a way to read it. An example "trick" or whatever that I have developed for ar11 is alternating and holding down the keys. That way, I can read the patterns AFTER I've clicked them and simply keep the key pressed if it's a slider or move on if it was a circle. I know it's an extreme example and I'm oversimplifying but if I played a lot more I would, for example, get better at it and stop falling behind if the map is 200+bpm or has triples or streams or whatever.

also 144hz monitor, more fps, and higher gamma help make the circles more noticeable in two ways

I máster AR 9, that was the only AR what i play for almost 2 years. I have tryed AR11 recently. Not trying to learn AR11, trying to make AR10 more similar to AR9 by improving my general high AR reading. It works for couple hours where i start play AR10 and feels slower. Anyways was pretty useless, i think It's just a psicologic factor.
Maybe play AR11 help to improve reaction time to high AR. But all the time spend on that could be more productive by just playing AR10 or AR9DT. I don't know.
Motteke
Read ar10 is not so difficult, I can personally play maps better with HR because seeing one circle right away from another is better than seeing several.
If you do not do it yet, you can try using HD, regularly these two mods go hand in hand for the most difficult maps and it is because of the fact that it removes the distraction that causes the proximity circle causes in ar10 because it goes something fast.
Motteke
And note that ar10 is a quite different evolution of Ar9 that generates a map with DT or non mods
-Makishima S-
HR is all about accuracy, your sucks, deal with it.
You will never learn HR if you don't fix your acc.
Sayorie
Go play AR10 nomod if you want AR10. HR is hard because of OD10 imo. If you really want more AR10 then edit maps to AR10 and play them.

>checks profile
markii
Disgusting HDHR farmer reporting in!

get good at nomod, your fundamental skills (reading complex patterns, rhythm sense, aim, accuracy, reaction time) all probably need to be way better, guessing by your profile, playing something you can play comfortably, but also pushes your limits is the best way to improve, not reactively playing maps that are too hard for you, it will all come naturally as you progress, it may sounds repetitive at this point, but play more, play a variety, and don't stop playing HR if it's fun, just don't expect to improve quickly by trying to brute force learn something you don't have the foundation set for. first and for most you need cursor control, aim, and acc, then worry about approach rates, because that will be all you have left to learn, learning to acc before you can read makes no sense, and learning to aim at circles off reaction instead of reading is going to be vastly harder than aiming at circles you understand thoroughly. Personally, I tried to brute force learn HR for 3 months with very little progress, dropped it got better at the overall game, came back and HR wasn't nearly that tough to pick up, and was vastly more enjoyable, now I basically never play nomod, unless it's high star rating or high base AR.

Sorry for not splitting up the wall of text into easier to read sections, but fuck it there's some advice in there.

Edit: I just re-read that and my go I must be tired, because there isn't a period anywhere in there. If any part of my tremendous run on sentence doesn't make sense I'll clarify, just lmk.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer

Motteke wrote:

Read ar10 is not so difficult, I can personally play maps better with HR because seeing one circle right away from another is better than seeing several.
If you do not do it yet, you can try using HD, regularly these two mods go hand in hand for the most difficult maps and it is because of the fact that it removes the distraction that causes the proximity circle causes in ar10 because it goes something fast.
Play HR + HD It's much easier. I'm playing without HD to try to improve more fast. I hope that helps. I'm no sure, but playing hidden it's so easy to know when to tap and by doing it i think I'm not training my reactions anymore. Maybe If i play first with HD+HR and play after without i can do a much better reading. I don't know If that going to help or i'm just learning the maps and the rythms and playing them using memory.

Sayorie wrote:

Go play AR10 nomod if you want AR10. HR is hard because of OD10 imo. If you really want more AR10 then edit maps to AR10 and play them.

>checks profile
I like low CS and high OD, not only AR10. If i edit the map like that will be the same than playing HR.

markii wrote:

Disgusting HDHR farmer reporting in!

get good at nomod, your fundamental skills (reading complex patterns, rhythm sense, aim, accuracy, reaction time) all probably need to be way better, guessing by your profile, playing something you can play comfortably, but also pushes your limits is the best way to improve, not reactively playing maps that are too hard for you, it will all come naturally as you progress, it may sounds repetitive at this point, but play more, play a variety, and don't stop playing HR if it's fun, just don't expect to improve quickly by trying to brute force learn something you don't have the foundation set for. first and for most you need cursor control, aim, and acc, then worry about approach rates, because that will be all you have left to learn, learning to acc before you can read makes no sense, and learning to aim at circles off reaction instead of reading is going to be vastly harder than aiming at circles you understand thoroughly. Personally, I tried to brute force learn HR for 3 months with very little progress, dropped it got better at the overall game, came back and HR wasn't nearly that tough to pick up, and was vastly more enjoyable, now I basically never play nomod, unless it's high star rating or high base AR.

Sorry for not splitting up the wall of text into easier to read sections, but fuck it there's some advice in there.

Edit: I just re-read that and my go I must be tired, because there isn't a period anywhere in there. If any part of my tremendous run on sentence doesn't make sense I'll clarify, just lmk.
I totally need to learn how to read complex paterns and improve reaction time reading them. I think my general reaction time, aim and raw aim are good. I can do only jumps maps with HR perfectly. I play maps like tengaku (rage) using HR and watching the replay 0'5 speed i can see easy i totally do well things like hard jumps. I miss when i get losed cause i don't read that part.
What I'm trying to say It's my aim It's not the problem to play insanes por extras with HR. I'm not saying I'm so good aiming, just that's not the problem.
How can i improve the reading of complex patterns? Playing EASY mod? Half Time learning patterns what i can't read? Retry 100 times the pattern until i read it? Playing them with HD? Doing the pattern step by step? I don't know how to improve the reading. Maybe memory them only going to be usefull playing that map but i'll have same problem with next one.

[Taiga] wrote:

HR is all about accuracy, your sucks, deal with it.
You will never learn HR if you don't fix your acc.
Why are you sure my accuracy sucks? My acc isn't the problem, i think, but I'm trying to get better at it anyways. I'm trying to improve accuracy until 99% on everysingle thing i can read, not scared about acc problems.
Topic Starter
ManuelOsuPlayer
I can give you a sightread play so maybe you can give me a hand to improve.
https://uploadfiles.io/58f00
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/164183
How can you see i got losed and unfocused a lot of times. I'm not worried abut the tap cuase it's easy to improve just by playing, but my reading it's pretty garbage and i don't know how to improve reading. Hope you can give me some advices. I know i miss by aiming a lot but i'm 100% sure it's cause reading, not the aim. Thank's for your time.
Sayorie
Then listen to our advice and acknowledge your own flaws.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Maybe If i play first with HD+HR and play after without i can do a much better reading.
uh that's not how it works, you'll be stuck with HD (probably, like me)

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I can do only jumps maps with HR perfectly.
Then you won't be able to do HR on most maps, only pure jump maps.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I miss when i get losed cause i don't read that part.
How can i improve the reading of complex patterns? Playing EASY mod? Half Time learning patterns what i can't read? Retry 100 times the pattern until i read it? Playing them with HD? Doing the pattern step by step? I don't know how to improve the reading. Maybe memory them only going to be usefull playing that map but i'll have same problem with next one.
You play nomod jfc
This is why you should learn the basics first. And what I mean by basics is recognizing the structure of patterns in its simplest form, found in nomod. You'll see harder and harder patterns the more you work your way up to 7* maps.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

My acc isn't the problem
It will be.
PinkNightmares
Sorry to break it to you but you have none of the skills required to play HR on insanes+. Get back to low 4* nomod.
-Makishima S-
He is another delusional player who think that spamming HR at certain point will make him better.

Expect him to come here (if he doesnt quit) in half year and cry how to fix acc / reading.
Railey2
if you don't care about ranks, just play only AR10 if thats most fun for you.

You'll completely lose your ability to play lower AR's, but that doesn't really matter if you're just about AR10.
Don't bother with nomod, just play HR and AR10.

if you can't do hard HR maps, play easier HR maps and work your way up as soon as you're comfortable with the easier maps.

There aren't any big secrets to it, really.

Just don't expect to get actually good at the game like that, because you probably won't in a long time.
Kyrari

Railey2 wrote:

if you don't care about ranks, just play only AR10 if thats most fun for you.

You'll completely lose your ability to play lower AR's, but that doesn't really matter if you're just about AR10.
Don't bother with nomod, just play HR and AR10.
This, tbh I've seen some people who played HR since they're 100k ranks and they're still being a really good 4 digit HR player now so it's definitely possible. Though honestly I would much rather be able to do a map nomod first then put HR on it.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

How can i improve the reading of complex patterns? Playing EASY mod?
Play more maps and sightread them more. The more maps you play the more accustomed you are to different styles/pattern and you're much more likely to hit them when seeing it again than needing to understand the pattern first. And that's probably why most people practice with nomod first and get used to many patterns, because at AR 10 you're more to react than "see circles, understand what to do, click accordingly".

I'm sure it's possible to get used to AR 10 so much that you'll be able to understand what you're clicking in time, but personally I don't have it yet (or maybe I just haven't played HR enough lul)

And playing Easy mod just makes you able to read Easy mod :(.
-Makishima S-
This, tbh I've seen some people who played HR since they're 100k ranks and they're still being a really good 4 digit HR player now so it's definitely possible. Though honestly I would much rather be able to do a map nomod first then put HR on it.
Core question is - how many of them are able to play properly complex maps (eg. mainly camellia) and how many are just farmed by overrated farm maps (eg. haitai / no title)?

I guess one find fun in overrated easy maps.
I never find this logical to cage yourself in one type of "fycho style" maps just to gain ranks and end up being unable to play marathons / complex maps at all.
show more