forum

[Archived] Impossible to Upload My Beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FluffinCakes
Problem Details: For some unknown reason, and I'm not sure why, I cant seem to upload my new beat-map. There are 3 difficulties, I dont know if that plays a part. But when I went to upload it. It would tell me that the file size was too large, repedeatly. So after checking a couple dozen Forumn posts asking for help with the same situation, I tried removing the videos audio, but couldn't find any software to do so. So I muted it instead. After using that video file, hoping it would lessen the file size, it wouldn't even tell me their was a problem, it just got stuck on "Creating Package..." . Seeing that as a bad thing, I put the old AVI video file back in, hoping I could undo the "Creating Package..." glitch, but now thats all it will ever say. I would really like some detailed advice on what I should do, or what I did wrong.

Extra Details:
The video is 1:30
Video file has Audio
3 difficulties
Map Background Picture is Fairly HD

If anyone has some idea on what might be the cause, please let me know. And if you need questions asked, I'll answer them as soon as possible.
This is the 4th Beatmap I've made that I havn't uploaded because of "File Size too big" or "Creating Package..." or "Not enough disk space" And I would love to stat uploading my hard work.

UPDATE: I just tried to upload it again for the sake of desperation, and this time it said i didn't have enough disk space. Funny cause theirs over 900gb of room so that's clearly not the issue here.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
o x
Delete the files in your submission cashe folder (located in your osu! Folder) if that doesn't work export the beatmap to puush or anywhere else and delete the map from your osu! (Drag the exported map back into osu! and see if it fixes anything)
Dntm8kmeeatu
How big is the map folder?
Topic Starter
FluffinCakes
How do i get to the cache folder. I know you said its in the OSU folder, but all i can find is hte database folder, and that tells me I need to open it with an external source. And 7-zip isnt doing the trick

Also, little side note. I just tried to find it on my own in a littler journy through my computer, And i sort of completely updates the game somehow and now all my songs are gone. Thankfully i had the map exported on my desktop, so its still there. But all my songs are in a songs folder. How do i put them back in?