forum

[Archived] AMD Relive Doesn't Detect Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awesomeandyman
Problem Details:
Hi Guys! Not sure how many other people are having this problem, or if it even is one. I have an AMD graphics card and am trying to get their version of shadowplay (called relive) to work with osu. Relive auto detects if you are playing a game and auto starts instant replay and their recording/streaming/screenshot software. I noticed that whenever I play osu, the indicator showing that relive is running does not show up, and I'm unable to use the software. If anyone knows how I would get this fixed I would appreciate it a lot.

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Bastek_
Turn on compatibility mode on in options.
That fixed it for me.
Kao
Try running in windowed mode.
Also try running with the Nvidia graphics card and not the integrated graphics one
Weruwolf
You do realize the man said that he has an AMD GPU, right?
By the way, I have the same problem. But I'll try running in compatibility mode.
AMD released a new version of Relive today; 17.2.1. I have an RX 470 from Powercolor.
Weruwolf
If Relive still keeps being a stupid b**ch, I recommend you to uninstall your driver and install version 16.11.5 of AMD Radeon Graphics (If you do have Radeon GPU); After that, install OBS (Classic or Studio), It's a free and great recorder. I use it personally. But whenever I install Relive, OBS won't record using GPU, it just gets stuck.

EDIT: And it sucks using your CPU to record, it drops frames in most graphic-intense games.
Weruwolf
It really does work when compatibility mode is on, I just finished installing Crimson Relive edition version 17.2.1, It won't record in OBS using the GPU anymore though, but it works now.
Upskirt
Do you need Relive to detect an application to run the instant replay? If not then just have the game record your desktop/monitor.

Relive is in active development and will have some issues. Perhaps it's a conflict with some OpenGL applications.

If you have a weak CPU then hardware encoding using a GPU is the most optimal choice.
Weruwolf
I have an i5-4460, it's a decent CPU. But yeah, because the GPU can record in h.264 because it's built-in the card and we just need an application to do so, since CPU (I think) only supports x264 recording.

EDIT: OpenGL sure is old, I hope the AMD team will fix this issue.
JP-Show
I LOVE YOU BASTEK
xXxNepNepxXx
How do you set the compatibility mode on? I couldn't find it
MaximumDivnity

xXxNepNepxXx wrote:

How do you set the compatibility mode on? I couldn't find it

You can find the section of Rendering Engine
he attacc
tysm guys!!