forum

[Archived] I failed but not really (bug?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lavi
So I have this nomod (SO NO NF WAS ON) play of Saten's Zetsubou Plantation map where I apparently PASSED it but my 2nd best score is shown as the global score. The replay indicates I either failed it or survived on like 1hp. The extra points don't really bother me but I found it weird and thought I'd report it as a potential bug.

Screenshots:

Full replay (3:07 is where I did or did not fail):
SPOILER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3THfWSU8xfs
Sandy Hoey
Reaplys are unreliable and can be very buggy. Dont trust them.

Your 2nd score shows up on the global leaderboard because your other score was not submitted. Probably due to a connection issue with Bancho. Nothing you can do about it now.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Did you play this in Multiplayer? If you failed and revived, the score will save to Local and Replay will be visible. The score just wont be submitted Globally.
Topic Starter
Lavi
nah, it was single player. Sandy's explanation seems legit but the weird thing is the game let me continue when my hp definitely dropped to 0 as I missed like all the jumps lol. There once was a situation where I played one of my maps and just failed at the last note, even though I fced it all. Tried it again and it was fine, sometimes hp in this game just bugs itself into oblivion for some reason.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Wanko wrote:

nah, it was single player. Sandy's explanation seems legit but the weird thing is the game let me continue when my hp definitely dropped to 0 as I missed like all the jumps lol. There once was a situation where I played one of my maps and just failed at the last note, even though I fced it all. Tried it again and it was fine, sometimes hp in this game just bugs itself into oblivion for some reason.
I swear I maybe ran into this issue a long time ago but never experienced it again. So I'm guessing I was just mis-remembering and was in Multiplayer. Unless you could somehow prove it was Singleplayer, or can find a way to replicate. I can't really say for sure if it's a bug.
Topic Starter
Lavi
Ye, I can't really prove it in any way. Oh well, let's just assume it was my mistake and it was in fact played in multi :) Case closed.