forum

Android Osu! Client

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Awlex
Since the old Osu! webClient, which can still be found in th Google playstore, is now kinda useless, I wanted to ask, if it would be welcome, if i create one on my own app and put it on the playstore.

The following features are planed:
  1. News Feed (Already implemented)
  2. Beatmap listing
  3. Forum
  4. Login (connected to Forum)
  5. User pages
List might grow
Optional Features
  1. Downloading maps for Osu!droid
  2. Featured artists
  3. Streams
  4. Osu!Skills and/or Osu!chan integration (depending on their will to collaborate and the technical possibilities)
List might grow

News, userpages and beatmap listing are the only features, I can fully implement without help. Forum would be read-only and mostly wasted data at this point :|, I probably have to discuss with Peppy about this or be shamed of for missing a simple solution.

You are welcome to suggest some additional features.

P.s. Sorry, for sending weird requests to your servers Peppy :P

Just to let you guys know, that I'm actually doing something: Here you have a preview
Nitrous
would be cool to actually have the ability to reply in forums. That would make things a lot easier. The beatmap page can be either read only with audio preview or downloadable (since there are osu!droid users)
burningscarlet
That would be cool, not getting hopes up though. There have been like what, 3 attempts already? If you do manage to get anywhere with it I'll be the first to present you with the bouquet though knights honor
PavlusRem
I think, that it would be better if you start an open source project for this, so if ever you'd want to leave development, someone could continue your work and don't start it from scratch, that will help with "yet another OSU! for Android stub app again"
OH, WAI... opsu! is already opensource
Topic Starter
Awlex

PavlusRem wrote:

I think, that it would be better if you start an open source project for this, so if ever you'd want to leave development, someone could continue your work and don't start it from scratch, that will help with "yet another OSU! for Android stub app again"
OH, WAI... opsu! is already opensource
Yeah, Opsu is Open source.
Oh wait, nobody was talking about a Game client, but about a Web Client

I'm in the progress of open sourcing it, but before that, I want it to be somewhat showable.
Topic Starter
Awlex
Just to let you guys know, that I'm actually doing something: Here you have a preview