forum

[Archived] Problem with Osu! KeyBinds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JamesYeoman
Problem Details:
I am trying to use AutoHotkey (because Osu! can't bind to the "Browser_Back" and "Browser_Forward" mouse buttons) to "press" the F13 and F14 keys so that I can bind osu actions like Quick Retry and Pause purely for convenience but as you can see from the screenshots, Osu isn't picking up the "F13" and "F14" "Presses".

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Sandy Hoey
I don't know for sure why it is doing this, but my keyboard doesn't even have those buttons. It only goes up to f12. So maybe osu! isnt picking it up because it isn't a universal key. Not everyone has it. idk
Topic Starter
JamesYeoman

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I don't know for sure why it is doing this, but my keyboard doesn't even have those buttons. It only goes up to f12. So maybe osu! isnt picking it up because it isn't a universal key. Not everyone has it. idk
Windows has F13-F24 as "logical" keys. They are used by doing {shift}{functionkey} (functionkey can be worked out by subtracting 12 from the function key you want to use i.e. F15 would need functionkey to be F3). It is a legacy thing that dates back to IBMs. It should be recognised by any program but for some reason, Osu! doesn't detect it (or something)