forum

Co-ordinate entry for dots and sliders.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
D33d
After a mini marathon of counting squares to ensure that my shit is aligned properly, I'd began to ponder the notion of being able to enter co-ordinates in order to place things. While flipping and cloning can do a lot towards aligning objects, creating symmetrical sliders is incredibly twitchy.

Being able to pop a shortcut to specify a point at, say, (16,9) from the start of a slider would be much less painful than having to count 16 squares across and 9 vertically. It might also make patterns in general a bit easier to make.
Kitsunemimi
Support.

While you already have the coordinates at the top right (so you don't actually need to count), it's still a pain to have to move the cursor to the precise spot. I really really want this, it'll make things a lot faster for me.
Topic Starter
D33d
Yeah, exactly. I know from my brief and regrettable stint in Second Life that co-ordinates make symmetry, desirable length etc. much easier to attain. For what it's worth, I was talking to Jarby about this and he totally agrees with me.
OzzyOzrock

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Support.

While you already have the coordinates at the top right (so you don't actually need to count)
WHAT!!?!??!
Zekira

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Support.

While you already have the coordinates at the top right (so you don't actually need to count)
WHAT!!?!??!
...uh, when you go into the editor, the coordinates of your cursor are placed at the top-right...
mm201
I'd add arrow key object movement if the key bindings weren't already full. =/
ziin
notepad

Also, does ctrl+alt+arrow do anything?
theMikeAG
I've never really payed much attention to the coordinates, but I suppose this would be nice. I imagine however, that you'd have to create some brand new interface to support this, as it would be a pretty complicated process. (I want slider anchor 1 moved to 72y and 32x)

Personally, I'd prefer the ability to flag a specific space on the grid rather than type in numbers. Oh well, I suppose if you want to play Battleship with your beatmap, you ought to be able to.