forum

[Archived] Osu lag because of Wacom tablet drivers?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ReGamed
Problem Details:
Hello Osu community,
a certain time ago I noticed a problem with my OSU! client, when ever I play a unspecific Beatmap my Osu like stop for some milliseconds.
Recently it happens really often and ruins my Combo/S/SS, so its nearly impossible to play longer beatmaps on a good score like a S or something.
I have also put two links down in the other section from my last Stream where it happened all the time. (And its not the Streams fault it happens outside of a stream, anyways a bit less but it happens.)
It should not be my Computers fault my PC specs. are:
  1. a AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor with 3.50Ghz
  2. 8GB RAM
  3. a Nvidia GeforceGTX 750
I excuse me for bad english, it was not my first language, certainly I tried it in the German Forum but nobody answered ;-;
i hope I have better luck in this Forum If you know a solution, don't be shy to response :P

Update: I know why it lags, it lags because of my tablet drivers but without them I can`t play with the tablet, So I dont know what to do[Drivers: Wacom Intous pen CTL-480-S latest version]
I updated the Drivers like 5 days ago and it didn't change anything:

OSU! version b20170103.2 (Stable (latest))

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://clips.twitch.tv/restreamt/GloriousJayArgieB8 less lag (not ruined my Combo/S)
https://clips.twitch.tv/restreamt/DistinctHyenaSMOrc bigger lag (ruined Combo/S)

Have a nice Day/Afternoon/Evening/...

-ReGamed | Max
Topic Starter
ReGamed
If you need some more information only ask for it !!
Sandy Hoey
Open up your task manager while play and quickly switch over when this happens and see if anything is being overworked. Recently, Chrome has been causing problems for people. Not sure if you use Chrome or not, but maybe.

And next time if you need to add more information, just edit your previous post
Topic Starter
ReGamed
I tried some things out!
I played Osu with Chrome opened and when it happened the CPU Overload.
Without Chrome it doesn't want to do this but in multiplayer when I'am in the score screen the CPU also overloads.
I think for the lags, its Chromes fault but by the multiplayer I don't know :/

Oh and sorry for the More information I totally forgot that I can Edit ;D
Sandy Hoey
Are there any other programs that are taking up a lot of CPU besides Chrome?
Kao
Download [lucky:1337]Process Hacker[/lucky:1337] and open System Information
When you lag, hover over the spike and to find the program responsible for the spike.

Report back what is the program that is causing the spike
Topic Starter
ReGamed
Sandy Hoey: One other Programm taking lot CPU is Osu itself but only if it lags

Kao: I don't know where there should be a spike maby you meant the arrow for the dropdownmenu (red circle) but there I dont found anything (Or I dont know how this works :D).

If the Image don't load click here.
Kao
When linking print.scr links add /direct at the end so the link becomes http://prnt.sc/e7iswz/direct

Click on "System Information" at the top middle of the interface
Should show up a new window that looks like on the left

Click on CPU and it should show the one on the right
Topic Starter
ReGamed
When I lagged the spike showed me Osu.exe and Chrome.exe, but more often Osu.exe.
So does that mean its Chromes fault ?

Ok I found something interesting in the I/O section is a big spike which is caused by the "steamwebhelper.exe" and this spike only is there when osu had a lag.
(Note Chrome was closed at this moment) and when I started Chrome the same Spike appeared!
Dntm8kmeeatu
In that case, close Steam and see if this still persists.

If still, Close Chrome.

Report back if closing either fixes your issue.
Kao
Having high I/O means it is reading/writing in the disk
Try disabling steam or if you have game overlay enabled, disable it

A program having high I/O will prevent from osu! Working properly and will pause to give some space for the other program to read the disk.
This means the music will stop temporarily to allow the other program to do what it's doing
Topic Starter
ReGamed
So I closed Steam and Chrome and it works fine but then suddenly I/O overloads and it said that this is my tablets Driver fault :o
And I can't uninstall or disable these, otherwise my tablet wont work properly.
Kao
Having a high I/O is normal, it spikes from time to time
Just make sure it isn't constant and isn't making your osu! Lag

Does your osu! Still lag? If not, this is resolved
Topic Starter
ReGamed
No like you can see on the last picture it is constant but when osu lag it goes up with one spike from one certain program.
In that case the Wacom tablet drivers and it happened another time rith now with the same spike from the same program!
Sorry sometime when I start a Programm it goes up but not till the top.
Also Windows defender caused some lag after I disabled it the lag is less but still there!

Edit: after I disabled Windowsdefender it still lags but now when the spike reaches the top there is Wacomtablet.exe
Topic Starter
ReGamed
Ok I updated the Tablet drivers and...
first the lag was a bit less but the it came back -.-
I need help I don't know what to do and can't play osu anymore because it lags now like every minute :cry:
Oh Kao I misunderstood you in my last post, I mean it isnt't constant and also spikes from time to time but when I play Osu! the spike causes Osu to lag!
Note: Almost every time a spike is on the picture there was a lag in Osu!
AlexZZZ

ReGamed wrote:

Ok I updated the Tablet drivers and...
first the lag was a bit less but the it came back -.-
I need help I don't know what to do and can't play osu anymore because it lags now like every minute :cry:
Oh Kao I misunderstood you in my last post, I mean it isnt't constant and also spikes from time to time but when I play Osu! the spike causes Osu to lag!
Note: Almost every time a spike is on the picture there was a lag in Osu!
Try change to beta and disable everything in options and every program, only osu
It helps me.
Maybe skin to default, try.
Topic Starter
ReGamed
AlexZZZ I tried every thing you written, but it doesn't help me and I hab all Programs closed at the moment of the screenshot.
But The Wacom Drivers Overload the I/O section witch causes Osu to lag so no other programs are involved(except Windows Defender -.- )
Topic Starter
ReGamed
Ok its 3 days and you guys dont reply ;-;
Please I need some serious help right now my good S was destroyed by this lag.
I tried to reinstall the tablet drivers, It works fine but after a few hours The Tablet driver overload the I/O section in Process Hacker, so Osu lagged again all the time.
I also tried to set the priority of the Driver to low but it dont work or when it does my Drivers crash and I have to restart my Computer.
So I ask you do I need to turn of any options in the drivers or Does my PC just suck (Specs. In the Main thread) or do I need to do something special in Osu/Process Hacker/ ...?
If you know or have any suggestions please reply to this Thread!
Dntm8kmeeatu
I'm not sure why your drivers need to Read or Write data at random like so. You could try editing the permissions of the .exe to disallow reading / writing to the disk. But I'm not sure exactly what that will do, and may break things. Attempt at your own risk.
Topic Starter
ReGamed
Dntm8kmeeatu It does not work -.-
I have diabled all all permissions of the drivers but it still lag, so Iam right now asking my self how ist it possible? I mean, It should have no permissions to read/write the disk.
But the good thing is the tablet works.
Screenshot
"Verweigern" and "zulassen" means deny and allow

Not loading?
show more