forum

[Archived] Can't upload map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KlFA_
Problem Details:
Looked around before posting, and this was the closest thing i found to my issue https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/5039540
But when I try to put my song back everything goes back to how it was.
Thanks for the help in advance, new to the community and looking forward to having a lot of fun

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Starrodkirby86
Welcome to osu! :)

Have you seen this useful topic by VeilStar about this matter? You should try to see if this fixes your problem if you haven't tried it yet.

If you've tried the steps, but it still doesn't work, it may be possible the following scenario is occurring:

You edit the BeatmapID / BeatmapSetID to the correct values of 0 and -1, but one difficulty in the mapset automatically reverts to something else upon loading again.

You may have a problem with the Song Folder's name that's forcing an overwrite of the Beatmap/Set ID values. Maybe your Song Folder name contains some instance of "artist+-+song" or "artist - song" or something. Just rename it to something else (like just give it the name of the song like "my_new_song"), do the -1 thing again, and see if it gets forced overwritten.

Here is a previous instance of this problem happening.
Topic Starter
KlFA_
Slight chance it might be because the video I'm using the mp3 file from got taken down?
If that's the case, how do most mappers get their music? Like I said, totally new to all this, sry for stupid questions

Topic Starter
KlFA_

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

You may have a problem with the Song Folder's name that's forcing an overwrite of the Beatmap/Set ID values. Maybe your Song Folder name contains some instance of "artist+-+song" or "artist - song" or something. Just rename it to something else (like just give it the name of the song like "my_new_song"), do the -1 thing again, and see if it gets forced overwritten.

seen the other post about it, tried everything, yes I know the beatmap id isnt 0 and -1 but its cuz it just goes back to that.
Topic Starter
KlFA_
gg, doesn't matter. tried messing with the song file too much and it wiped my map. Thought I had fixed it so I saved over what I had.
fucking rip
Starrodkirby86
Sorry for that to happen to you. :/

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you need to rename the Song Folder from "Yukihanabi - Saori Hayami" to something like "soari_hayami" or something with a different format.

Your video situation and things like that are fine, there's really no issues with copyrights until the record company wants to feel a bit possessive.

I hope this case doesn't discourage you from mapping or playing in the future. We all start off on a rocky footing. For instance, back in 2007, we had no idea what we were all doing, let alone actually timing a map or even comprehending spacing. :p