forum

[Archived] Editor crashing when adding new timing point with another sv

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
brdzxh
Problem Details:
editor crashing when adding new timing point with a different slider velocity whilst making a slider

it happened by coincidence and my osu just instantly crashed and all my work was gone in a fraction of a second
i tried to make a slider, but i forgot to change the slider velocity for this slider specifically and i couldnt be fucked to remove it so i tried to make a new timing point and the moment i clicked on 1.5x while still holding on to the slider, it crashed

would be nice with a fix so this wont happen to anyone else ZZZ

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170203.3cuttingedge

edit: i could replicate this 4 out of 4 times
RvNovae
Does this happen on the other release streams as well?
Haruto
oh this, i sometimes got the same problem too. when i tried to add a timing (yeah, the red and greenline ones), editor suddenly freeze or not responding, same goes when adding a slidernode and moving a multiple of objects. i couldnt give any example/evidence of it but it really bugs me out and it make my unsaved progress lost.
Topic Starter
brdzxh
same happened on stable (latest)

I also get this error message the moment i click on 1.5x sv and when I click on ok after. Only thing is that it disappears after half a second, so I had to be quick to screenshot

RvNovae
Click the picture and it should return you a error text, paste that here.
Topic Starter
brdzxh
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type '#=qkImg11ff0d4CeK69VS2aKcPs3aTv1rrmtsiAiYbMliwypEQVweKGJoyQYrYYJDgf' to type '#=qrpuHPZKx3W38OuuTyGwnCHUf8uTWF4v9iIMblhkO_bg='.
at #=qrpuHPZKx3W38OuuTyGwnCHUf8uTWF4v9iIMblhkO_bg=.Equals(Object #=q1uBdqi5cwptucNU1NEi8bw==)
at System.Collections.Generic.ObjectEqualityComparer`1.Equals(T x, T y)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Contains(T item)
at #=qSBN9HWV2Cl0F$aLsG6pjq97C$olzNbjhcgXFtHvyb7Ohgkrs9qFwYT$zueje3jSE.#=qeD_uaWnIJVZ$y9eAO4PMdg==(Object #=q1uBdqi5cwptucNU1NEi8bw==)
at #=qSBN9HWV2Cl0F$aLsG6pjq97C$olzNbjhcgXFtHvyb7Ohgkrs9qFwYT$zueje3jSE.#=qvu$tPbd0tCcAVaAG9H5FRQ==[T](List`1 #=qS9oNLmZEz_LyVTB_4VS3rA==)
at #=qSBN9HWV2Cl0F$aLsG6pjq97C$olzNbjhcgXFtHvyb7Ohgkrs9qFwYT$zueje3jSE.#=qm4MFI5YcgiRIsp4ONU39RA==[T](List`1 #=qS9oNLmZEz_LyVTB_4VS3rA==, #=qr3BjKNjZjk_Gm$dwo6UBJkwE53lK2HoXrf2JKtKkOWTn9JvyENARAUjcpyd7NEMf #=qSxj_yAkvnMi3AuHLkwuHaA==)
at #=qbDI9hkNI9DmVWlquXBe4phVjNgBZloUxRjFeM6ohp9E$q7oVVHg9Ks_UR8dJMRs$.#=qm4MFI5YcgiRIsp4ONU39RA==[T](List`1 #=qS9oNLmZEz_LyVTB_4VS3rA==, #=qr3BjKNjZjk_Gm$dwo6UBJkwE53lK2HoXrf2JKtKkOWTn9JvyENARAUjcpyd7NEMf #=qVe5w07HxrDNxwvPLWFenXA==)
at #=qle7snY7FPu$KsvfVVSfmFOpDt4B_NkYkX0mA6p4l5GDtzF_OcDYxPhPVkTrwlGIh.#=qm4MFI5YcgiRIsp4ONU39RA==[T](List`1 #=qS9oNLmZEz_LyVTB_4VS3rA==, #=qr3BjKNjZjk_Gm$dwo6UBJkwE53lK2HoXrf2JKtKkOWTn9JvyENARAUjcpyd7NEMf #=qVe5w07HxrDNxwvPLWFenXA==, Boolean #=qoG$RrvRAlfZuDgoUaU2ODA==)
at #=qYe_IihWRiGDcg6jLQWrInWIj4kg1J_LPSWUzGghLsYXXWcdGVANfTNW5is0e31MA.#=qPagsJ1CZF9dRYre19g4xTelJS2z0OV8MHl9KeMngSUA=(Boolean #=qpERjAwreFmhXiPAIApttqg==)
at #=qKcV5n1Yr_35oowMpsXyp3H_8pY1Nm3a1AqBwImGCT$ge727goNFb18ywXoWmrV_f.#=qOUZr81YmAiT2VN1weDbYjUYlUglJoQbhODSy2TSywo4=(Object #=qVhdbVwadDamX4qWA$X6K6w==, FormClosingEventArgs #=qXja$pIn3l_PXxHyMWO8dZA==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CheckCloseDialog(Boolean closingOnly)
RvNovae
Hmm, looks like it could potentially be a bug, can't try replicating it atm though.
Check the <diff>.osu file in the mapset folder for syntax errors though.