forum

[Archived] Focal lenght of a tablet pen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bright
Osu guys!
I`ve started playing osu not really long ago, and I`ve thought of switching from mouse to tablet (has already had one). BUT! What is the standart distance between the pen and the tablet ? Cause when i tried to play , the cursor was just staying at same position sometimes, when my pen was too far. I think it was said that my focal distance is about 7mm, but I swear, I`ve seen a lot of osu players holding their pen much further then 7mm. Because of that problem, i cant even move my pen too fast,cause cursor stops again. What`s the matter? My pen have no batteries, and my tablet is absolutely ok.
Dntm8kmeeatu
It depends on the Tablet. Wacom Tablets have a slightly higher "range" that you can hover compared to Huion tablets.
Flanster
I've tested it on an old osu!tablet (Huion 420) and its tolerance is between 0.7-1.5cm. Don't really know how higher Wacom tablets go.
Just practice with it and get used to it. I only hover and haven't had any problems staying in range.
Topic Starter
Bright
I have a wacom tablet...ok,I`ll give it a try once more
Topic Starter
Bright
Btw I found it strange, that when i was looking for the solution of that problem, I found nothing, so, it seems, that no one in osu! has faced that problem except me.