forum

My friend sent me something...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Taro Sykes
Now just HOW can this be? We now cannot hit big notes like normal notes in scorev2 taiko without missing. This is an outrage because I, for one, don't hit big notes with both keys and overall I'd rather have one-keying a big note as a 100, not a whole miss. peppy, if you're reading this, please change scorev2 so that hitting a big note with one key in taiko mode gives the player a 100, not a miss. This is unfair and a change like this will be one where most players who don't care about big notes and singlekey them will not be able to adapt to this change. Please peppy, taiko players like me might quit if this is the direction osu!taiko is going.
Let's just say...
Osu is going downhill for him.
This is a weird message but okay, because he's probably not the only one who feels this way.
iIt's kinda weird that someone would type this up in a skype message to me instead of an email to peppy, but it was too embarrasing to not share. So here you go!
also prism if you're reading this don't kill me
Can we riot with this maybe?
TaikoDragon
too bad >:v
besides taiko is falling off the cliff rn
karterfreak
Players should learn to hit finishers instead of complaining about it tbh
In all seriousness this change doesn't impact them at ALL as it's (currently) for tournament scoring and not for regular scoring.
FlamingRok
Personally I don't see the problem with how the big notes were handled in the past at all: as a means of bonus points. Ticks on a drum roll in this version along with the spinner would still break the 1mil score cap, so why not have the big notes be a reward to those going out of their way of hitting the accurately rather than punishing those who have already trained their mind to have them be exactly that; a means of gaining more points rather than a necessity. No version of Taiko no Tatsujin requires both notes to be hit or else you miss. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." The Taiko scoring system works fine, it's the pp system that many would argue against. If the system was only re-worked for max score without additives equaling 1mil, I could accept this. Right now, the large notes, and a few other (admittedly opinionated) quirks go to making the game a less enjoyable experience.

Sliders requiring 30% of them to be hit or else you miss is...an interesting concept but with how it's specific ticks only, there's still a chance you'll miss the slider because you're hitting the slider at the wrong time, but at the appropriate speed. Spinners counting are really only an issue in gimmick maps and nothing else (honestly the only thing I'm fine with alteration with), and the HP matters only to those who merely want to pass a map rather than FC it: players who FC maps will likely not even notice anything different with the HP.

Of course we all know ScoreV2 is a WIP, and is also only used for tournament play as of right now (though the double big note still I think will be an infuriating factor into tournaments as well). Hopefully some of these issues are addressed for the future.
Bramble
I mean personally I really don't like this change, because of maps that are finisher heavy or have fast finishers like Harpuia's Inner Oni, but people aren't going to map like that if score V2 becomes standard, so I think I can learn to live with it
darkmiz
why not just scrap the big notes or make the big notes behave like small notes