forum

[Archived] Way to disable chat popping up automatically after pausing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Scarlet Evans
If you either open, or at least try to open the chat during gameplay, it will automatically appear after pausing the game. Is there a way to disable it?

Example from today:
I was chatting about something in #taiko, then just started playing. After choking somewhere into the song, I decided to go back to menu, so as I almost always do, I clicked [Esc] --> [Arrow_Up] --> [Enter]. Because why to bother with waiting for menu fully appear, point on button and click it, if you can almost immediately do this with Up and Enter, which on some keyboards are next to each other.

Instead of pausing -> changing selection to Back --> accepting and getting back to the song selection, the chat automatically popped out and I ended up sending the same message again... you know, [Arrow_Up] bring up previous message and [Enter] sends it...

Look at terrible it looks like, especially after having some messages from previous discussion on screen... someone could even think that I did it on purpose and explaining myself from the mistake would lead to even more spam and maybe even silence...

--> https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7084068

Something like this happened to me multiple times in past already... I want to quickly get back to song selection, but I end up sending a random previous message into some random channel...

Any remedy on this wound of mine?
Bara-
This has to do with auto-hide
If the chatbox is active when playing, it'll go away, and go back when there is a break. Or am I misunderstanding the issue?
Kao
Yes that would be correct, you need to disable auto-hide
As explained, it'll appear when you pause/in a break

When you open the chat and you play, it'll hide
When you pause/go in a break, it'll appear again

But if the chat was hidden before you play, it won't appear even if you pause/go in a break
So there are two possible solutions only
  1. Disable auto-hide
  2. Close the chat before playing the map