forum

[resolved] problem with a really annoying sound in alot of skins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
becs
Problem Details:
hey!
i was looking for a new skin to play with and i found a couple of skins that i like alot, but alot of skins actually has a really annoying sound like the sound of a Hihat drum, going to the beat... i tried to look through the skin file and look for that sound file to remove it but i just cant find it... does anyone know how to remove it?

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Bara-
Try the following
Open a map in the editor
Press f6
Then set the tab to 'audio'
Set a sampleset (First do Soft, than Normal. Drum is rarely used)
Click on the Normal-Whistle-Clap-Finish button and see which sound is the awful one
If you are for example on Soft sampleset, and the clap is the sound, the file soft-hitclap.wav is the culprit
Starrodkirby86
Do you think it's actually the default skin's sounds just filling in for a sound that doesn't exist? Many skins often don't have drum sounds.

Here's all the hitsound sets. Just put in a sound file for whatever you deem appropriate and see if that improves things.
Topic Starter
becs
If i have sampleset on drum and then press clap i get that sound!
Starrodkirby86
In that case, check out drum-hitclap.wav and see what you can do to replace that!
Bara-
Then remove the drum-hitclap
Make sure that if there are no files present, it'll use the default drum-hitclap. Open the default skin and see if it sounds the same. If they do, add a new file to the skin called drum-hitclap.wav to the skin

Also read what Kirby said. Some maps have these sounds in the map, and can be disabled by going to visual setting (move down before playing/when pausing) by clicking on ignore beatmap custom hitsounds
Topic Starter
becs
Oh i repleced drum-hitclap and i think it sounds okay now ^^ thank you both!
Kao
Maybe you could list the name of the skin here or upload the skin?
That would help out a lot
Bara-

Kao wrote:

Maybe you could list the name of the skin here or upload the skin?
That would help out a lot
We already fixed it
OP replied saying it's fixed 30 min ago
Kao
Weird, somehow there were no messages here before.