forum

[Archived] Huion H610 Pro going to "sleep" mid song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rivoss
Problem Details:
Okay so me and my friend have the same tablet, Huion H610 Pro, and we have been getting a certain annoying issue when using it for osu.
The Issue: I hover when i play due to the fact that i draw and i dont want to ruin my pen tip, but mid song the tablet will go to sleep because the pen hasn't actually touched the tablet. This happens when the pen is on full charge as well so that is not the issue. What im asking is if there is a setting that can disable this like if it is a setting or something. dragging is not an option for me. Please help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Vaarka
I'm this friend
It's not a problem whenever the song is less than three minutes long, but if the song is over, even if I'm trying to just pass a map, I have to make sure at any breaks to tap the tablet with my pen, sometimes even during the song if there are no breaks (common in ranked songs that are barely over 5 minutes long and only have one difficulty). I'm willing to try and turn to dragging if I really need to (because I love playing longer maps), but if there's an easy fix to this, I'd love to know. :cry:

(Sorry for making you think someone replied with an answer, Rivoss)
Dntm8kmeeatu
I don't know if there is anyway to workaround this, as it's hardcoded into the pen firmware. I'm pretty sure this is intended behaviour to prevent unnecessary battery drain.

Idk if taping your pen nib down would work with that tablet, but I guess you could try. But if it does work, be aware your pen will probably drain battery way quicker.
Vaarka

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I don't know if there is anyway to workaround this, as it's hardcoded into the pen firmware. I'm pretty sure this is intended behaviour to prevent unnecessary battery drain.

Idk if taping your pen nib down would work with that tablet, but I guess you could try. But if it does work, be aware your pen will probably drain battery way quicker.
My current strategy is to tap the pen during breaks, drag during spinners/long slow sliders, or just tap whenever it occurs to me that I haven't in a while. It works, but it's annoying.

thanks though
Vaarka

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Also, do you know if there's a way to extend the amount of time it takes to fall asleep (like instead of 3 minutes, make it 5, or 10)?
Dntm8kmeeatu

Vaarka wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Also, do you know if there's a way to extend the amount of time it takes to fall asleep (like instead of 3 minutes, make it 5, or 10)?
Like I said I think that stuff is Hardcoded into the Firmware. I can't say I'm 100% sure though.
I know the osu! 2016 tablet has different Firmware that increases the time required to idle to ~ 12 minutes, instead of the normal 5.
Pumatechop
guys try searching how to disable (pen tablet) sleep mode
I Have this problem too :'( :(
HadeesKyu
i have same problem man
Death
Please avoid bumping old threads. As far as I know there is still no easy way to fix this because of what has already been stated in here.