forum

[Archived] [CtB] Hyperdash colours not showing properly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wesley
So I've been messing around with hyperdash colours today and it seems like pretty much every colour combination is working with white circles:

But when I change the fruit to yellow circles, a lot of colour combinations seem to not work anymore:

Note that I've been using the exact same RGBA codes for both White/Blue hyperdashes.

In case you want to try it out yourself, here are the codes that you have to put in your skin.ini and the white and yellow circles:
[CatchTheBeat]
HyperDashFruit: 0,0,255,255

Blue hyperdashes:
HyperDashFruit: 0,0,255,255

White hyperdashes:
HyperDashFruit: 255,255,255,255
White circles
Yellow circles

osu! version: Stable (latest)
o x
Weird, happens for me as well. Not sure why this happens I looked around and couldn't find anything about it.
Topic Starter
Wesley
As far as I can tell the hyperdash is the same as fruit-x.png, but upscaled; example below

So might have to do something with that, not sure why though
o x
I'm bumping this because I can replicate this multiple times with multiple different objects.
Bara-
Maybe it has to do with the 255 value set to alpha-coloring? Have you tried using just RGB instead of RGBa?
o x

Bara- wrote:

Maybe it has to do with the 255 value set to alpha-coloring? Have you tried using just RGB instead of RGBa?
Already tried this and the same thing happens with both blue and white hyper dashes. Nothing changes.
dtnc21
Probably because the hyperdash color/itself is multiplicative.
With white, it gets tinted yellow. With blue, it disappears because yellow has no blue in it; only red and green.
o x
I never thought of that, you are right though that is why it doesn't work.
Kurokami
To skin the fruits in osu!catch you have two file type, the fruits and the overlays. The fruit-x.png's color affects the Hyperdash color because that is the main body. Its kinda the same issue with the combo colors, if you color these files you will see nothing from the mapsets own colors. Best solution could be a white fruit-x.png and just insert the yellow color in skin.ini. Or you can color the overlay as well tho it might results some buggy screen. tr;dr those files are not meant to be colored outside of skin.ini