forum

[Archived] Weird mouse movements when using raw input on win 8.1

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kkkkexit
I understand that my problem was resolved countless times, but I'm bad with searching so I'm just gonna ask again.
When I turn on raw input, mouse movements suddenly become weird and sort of accelerated and dont reflect how I'm actually moving the mouse, like if I had mouse acceleration on. Never had such problems on win7, and in all other games where I use raw input, such problem doesnt happen. Can someone explain what am I doing wrong?

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
o x
In short, raw input hates osu!

It isn't recommended that anyone really use it, if you want to change your sensitivity you can change your pointer speed in your windows options, if you are using a tablet you can change your sensitivity by making the play area smaller. Raw input adds some delay to your movements (it shows how much when you turn it on in osu! settings) so that's why it feels weird.
Topic Starter
kkkkexit

Cawub wrote:

It isn't recommended that anyone really use it, if you want to change your sensitivity you can change your pointer speed in your windows options, if you are using a tablet you can change your sensitivity by making the play area smaller. Raw input adds some delay to your movements (it shows how much when you turn it on in osu! settings) so that's why it feels weird.
The thing is, I played with raw input on win7 some time ago and it was perfectly fine, the problem only showed up on win 8.1. And also, changing pointer speed in windows solely for osu! and then turning it up again when i want to do something else is kinda too troublesome.
CM2

kkkkexit wrote:

Cawub wrote:

The thing is, I played with raw input on win7 some time ago and it was perfectly fine, the problem only showed up on win 8.1. And also, changing pointer speed in windows solely for osu! and then turning it up again when i want to do something else is kinda too troublesome.
Have you tried compatibility mode?

I recently changed from win 7 to win 10 and the mouse is really delayed without it. Even osu! says there were changes in windows 8.1+ when you try to change sens without raw input.

That said, I also felt this before while still using win7. I wouldn't say it feels bad/wrong but it really is different. I still use it though. Really just try both and see which works best, I guess.