forum

[Archived] I can't open osu! 2016 on Mac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tynamo
As I have an outdated osu! version, I cannot edit the sliderendcircle and when I play a loved beatmap, it said "qualified" instead of "loved" due to the osu!'s Wineskin locks the version only stable fallback. So, I decided to download a new osu! version and download XQuartz version 2.7.8. After the download is finished, I immediately open it, but it opens XQuartz and it shows Terminal instead of opening osu! updater. I waited for few minutes, but nothing happens!

How can I fix this problem, so that I could see fading sliders with HD mod and enjoy osu! further.

Note: I haven't delete my old osu! version and my Mac runs on macOS Sierra

Screenshot showing the problem:

Apologise for the overly sized screenshot

osu! version: 20160403.6 (?)
os x official 2015-10-15 (my old version)
-glug-
i have a mac. Did you move the osu! app into the Applications directory?
If this does not work. move your old osu to a usb and try again.

Now if you look at the post on the osx.ppy.sh, it states

"Note that this is an alpha release and may outright not run. This release is more for people who want to tinker while we figure out the remaining issues (namely, why it won’t run for some people…) If you do manage to get it running, it should be relatively stable and playable though."

EDIT: did you play on PC at first? if you did. i recommend sticking with a PC, as osu! for mac is still not stable enough.
Elzapatoverde
You can also try this build provided by Agrrox. The official build isn't very... good.
Topic Starter
Tynamo

Dark Light wrote:

"Note that this is an alpha release and may outright not run. This release is more for people who want to tinker while we figure out the remaining issues (namely, why it won’t run for some people…) If you do manage to get it running, it should be relatively stable and playable though."

EDIT: did you play on PC at first? if you did. i recommend sticking with a PC, as osu! for mac is still not stable enough.
I already move my old osu! to my hard drive and hey, it works! Thanks a lot! BTW, the fullscreen looks weird
-glug-

Tynamo wrote:

Dark Light wrote:

I already move my old osu! to my hard drive and hey, it works! Thanks a lot! BTW, the fullscreen looks weird
yea, peppy recommended to play on windowed cause when if full screen, the taskbar may be in the way
Furrious
I have setup osu! successfully with the game on my Macbook Pro.
I used Wine to run .exe and I am able to open the game, but the game detects Mac iOS so I get put into a previous stable version for Mac but never had issues with loading at all.
TerranceTegeler
I have played osu on my mac before but it isn't opening after sitting unopened for a month. I have tried different downloads and none of them have opened. Could I have help?
Death
This thread is a bit old. Please make a new one for your issue.