forum

[Archived] blue screen when using Wacom tablet in osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
m3ThD
Problem Details:
note that I can play other games with no problems, such as CS:GO, Witcher 3, KSP, SOMA, RL, TES: V and TESO, and i can use my tablet in other applications. so i believe that this is related to OSU
so haven't been able to play on my laptop for quite a while now. this is a problem as i play on it half the time i play OSU. it started with a few random blue screens here and there, giving me the error "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DRIVER" witch is a pretty self explanatory issue. so i reinstalled all graphic drivers to the newest.

I thought that fixed the problem.
then i lost my pen and got a new one this Christmas. when i opened the Wacom tablet properties i got the error "THE TABLET DRIVER WAS NOT FOUND!!"

*NOTE that OSU worked like a charm as it have always been doing while I played with mouse in the period were i did not have my pen!
I then installed the newest Wacom drivers, as i don't play full area. And it worked! tablet properties opened and i set my preferred settings. i then proceed to OSU. and it worked, low input latency and everything.

The day after I turned on my computer and I played for a solid 10 minutes, while almost done with a song I got a blue screen with the same error as mentioned above (typical am I right!?)
I restart and this time i didn't get more than 1-2 minutes of play time, not even one song. Then I tried again, and it worked, BUT, the tablet area was reset to full. I went to open tablet properties and got the error again "THE TABLET DRIVER WAS NOT FOUND!!". So I reinstall the tablet driver (yes by uninstalling the old one and installing fresh again.) Then i restart, I get in and tablet properties work. I put in the settings again, but when i go in to OSU, I get the blue screen again.

So to conclude my problem, when I install the tablet driver and go in to OSU, I get the blue screen error DRIVER_STUCK_IN_THREAD, when I get back in to windows again the Wacom driver is corrupt, and gives the error "THE TABLET DRIVER WAS NOT FOUND!!" when I try to enter the properties software. When the driver is in this state, the computer does not go in to blue screen when playing OSU.
Basically computer blue screen when Wacom driver works, and after the blue screen the driver is broken and wont open (even after further restarts) osu then works with tablet, but no settings are available :cry:

• osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
    wacom CTL- 490 (intous draw without touch) *drivr ver.: 6.3 - 19-3
    computer (laptop) specifications
    ASUS R555z
    AMD A10 7x series i believe
    Radeon R9 M280x 2GB of video memory
    8gb of ram
    samsung 750 250GB ssd
Kao
Is this error from Windows 10 or 7?
Try restarting the service after you've started your computer

1. Open run (Windows Logo + R)
  2. Type in services.msc
  3. Find Wacom Professional Service and Stop the service
  4. After stopping it, Start it again
Topic Starter
m3ThD
this is an error in Windows 10 and i cant find the wacom service, i have tried restarting Windows pen input service
Topic Starter
m3ThD
update- it now bluescreened after restarting the service. even though i didn't have the tablet plugged in. i've tried changing driver ver to a older one, but i still get a bluscreen. no bios updates either as this is a laptop (custom mb) i really think i need to resort to reinstall win10
Kao
Reinstalling should be last resort though.
All evidence points to that the drivers installed are bad or wonky

Installing them again might help
Topic Starter
m3ThD
OK, so for now it seems as it is stable :oops: , will still do some further testing. reinstalled both OSU and drivers. i did a lot of monitoring and concluded that it must be some incompatibility >:( , not to sure tho :|