forum

Tablet Area

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Celeb
Recently i got a tablet 6 days ago. In that time i have gotten over 10 new high scores and have improved so much. My friend that is at 4.8k pp tells me i shouldnt use this area because it wont be good in the long run and i should just switch now. But ive become very comfortable with this area. https://gyazo.com/5c998b95bb08e2503bbbbdcb4d558490
Should i switch even though ive became very comfratable with this area?
Edit - I also have a widescreen monitor. About 1600x1080.

2020 Edit - after 4 years of playing on and off, I had no idea what i was even thinking playing with that tiny of an area LOL.
Ronja
dude thats waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too small. i really recommend you to get a bigger area like holymoly my dude how do you even play with such a small area. you might use some time to get used to a bigger area though but its worth it. i used to play with a tiny area like you have and i thought i did pretty good but then i made my area bigger (https://puu.sh/t7Er5/536a708fe7.JPG) it took some time to get used to it but it sure was worth it tho. but its your choice dude
[Haku]
It's way to small I agree. The best area is always the biggest you feel comfortable with. So try this way : start full area and play a day like that. Then if it's not OK reduce and so on until you find a good one. But don't go to small anyway because it will cause imprecision. The bigger it is the more stability you will have. (note that the majority of the top player play full area or at least with a really big area)
Topic Starter
Celeb
I've tried bigger areas. Its way to slow i dont know if im doing it wrong or something.. but something about this small size is that its very fast ect. What is the ideal size?
Alea
I saw a high player with the same area, I don't remember who is she but I saw her on the top 100 std mode.
So ... if you are good with that, keep it, each person has a way to play.
Sairen
I'd make it a bit bigger as that is very very small.
-The bigger it is the more control you have
-The smaller it is the faster you are

In my opinion it's about finding where you're control meets you're speed, meaning if it's too big you can't control well make it smaller, If it's too big your cursor is flying too far ahead of notes make it bigger. I recommend experimenting a little bit trying some different sizes and and overall whatever you play with that feels comfortable don't change because another player tells you or to be like another player :)
sesame_mushroom
I'd take a larger area over a small area, as a larger area allows more control and thus able to be more accurate in most cases.
A smaller area would be good for huge spacing maps tho.

Just choose one that you're comfortable with :)
Domo3311
As a oerson who used to have an area that is smaller than what you have, I highly recommend that you increase it. It's true that you will definitely be able to get to high ranks with a tiny area but know that it may hinder your rate of progression. Thats becuz having a smaller area is less forgiving. Lets say you are at a high combo and is shaking. If your area is small your cursor may be fluctuating a centimeter or so and that may be the cause of a miss. If you area was bigger and you were shaking, your cursor shaking will be much less lowering your chances of missing. This also applies will simple aiming causing misaim on a smaller area to have a greater misaim on your screen. Trust me you may feel slow now because you are used to the small area and it takes less effort but with a couple days maybe even a couple hours of commitment its possible to find a comfortable area that is bigger.
Topic Starter
Celeb
Safe to say after almost 2 months this is my tablet area :D
https://gyazo.com/58475d4ea529951c18736524084650f5
E m i
force proportions please please please please please please please
it makes me cry
whenever i go to sleep i have nightmares about 45 degree movements of the pentranslating into 47.844 degree movement of the cursor
Viox
Wow you have the same area i have basically.
ZeeKey_old

Ninji wrote:

Safe to say after almost 2 months this is my tablet area :D
https://gyazo.com/58475d4ea529951c18736524084650f5

Bbnn

Domo3311 wrote:

As a oerson who used to have an area that is smaller than what you have, I highly recommend that you increase it. It's true that you will definitely be able to get to high ranks with a tiny area but know that it may hinder your rate of progression. Thats becuz having a smaller area is less forgiving. Lets say you are at a high combo and is shaking. If your area is small your cursor may be fluctuating a centimeter or so and that may be the cause of a miss. If you area was bigger and you were shaking, your cursor shaking will be much less lowering your chances of missing. This also applies will simple aiming causing misaim on a smaller area to have a greater misaim on your screen. Trust me you may feel slow now because you are used to the small area and it takes less effort but with a couple days maybe even a couple hours of commitment its possible to find a comfortable area that is bigger.

Domo3311 wrote:

Naimae

Momi wrote:

it makes me cry
whenever i go to sleep i have nightmares about 45 degree movements of the pentranslating into 47.844 degree movement of the cursor

this was the issue i had when i got the h420 and didn't realize there was a driver i could use to change area

then i dug my old ctl480 out and made a 16:9 area for a 16:9 screen and my aim improved a lot like instantly

if you don't want to change your region size, please please PLEASE at least change this
jasc123

Ninji wrote:

Recently i got a tablet 6 days ago. In that time i have gotten over 10 new high scores and have improved so much. My friend that is at 4.8k pp tells me i shouldnt use this area because it wont be good in the long run and i should just switch now. But ive become very comfortable with this area. https://gyazo.com/5c998b95bb08e2503bbbbdcb4d558490
Should i switch even though ive became very comfratable with this area?
Edit - I also have a widescreen monitor. About 1600x1080.
i´m kind of new playing osu and i started playing it with a tablet and I tried to get a good area to play it but basically I use this area file:///C:/Users/Andre/Desktop/tablet%20area.PNG it´s almost the same area that you used before and i see that im good playing short maps but when i try to play long maps i miss a lot. My question should i change my area ? Is it worth it?
_Yari_
anybody know anglesim tablet area

send link pls
E m i

Momi wrote:

it makes me cry
I agree
Wise Monster
ImmortalUltima
Honestly if you have big area might as well just play mouse
THAT_otaku

ImmortalUltima wrote:

Honestly if you have big area might as well just play mouse
First of all this isn't true in the slightest,

second, please don't necropost for no reason ,this thread is really old :)