forum

Particles ;c

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Elzy
so im making my first good storyboard so far
and im wanting to add some particles to my the storyboard but i can't find anything that helps me add them cause
when i spoke to the person who made Particle Generator they said it was outdated ... and even if it wasn't or was i still can't get the X & Y's to work on that
so please is there any easy way to add particles with out ducking scripting or code shit...
arviejhay
i think there's a program called osu! dots but it is really outdated tho.
the Particle Generator is the only easy way to make particles. if you don't want it, you need to force yourself to learn to code using some storyboard-languages like SGL editor, osbpy!, storyboardbrew.
Starrodkirby86
The next release for storybrew's going to include a particle generator example soon, so it's going to be pretty hype.

Take a look at it and keep it in mind. :)
Topic Starter
Elzy
EDIT: no im not leaning how to script to make a storyboard lmao
but if that particle generator comes out for storybrew then i will take a look at it
but its retarded to learn how to script to make a storyboard =l

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

The next release for storybrew's going to include a particle generator example soon, so it's going to be pretty hype.

Take a look at it and keep it in mind. :)
Topic Starter
Elzy
the main problem i have with Particle Generator is i cant get the X & Y's to work, they work but i just get a screen of Particle's

arviejhay wrote:

i think there's a program called osu! dots but it is really outdated tho.
the Particle Generator is the only easy way to make particles. if you don't want it, you need to force yourself to learn to code using some storyboard-languages like SGL editor, osbpy!, storyboardbrew.
arviejhay

Ellzy wrote:

the main problem i have with Particle Generator is i cant get the X & Y's to work, they work but i just get a screen of Particle's
so you were saying that you have a particle generator but the problem is that you can't generate the particles properly like moving particles starting from bottom to top? right?

your using xincrin's particle generator?

if you want moving particles going up.

the initial and final position Y should be constant and the initial and final position X should be generated in random integer numbers (whole numbers)
example.
let "randX" = random number

let say "randX" generated a number which is 100.

so it should be like this.

startX = randX (100)
endX = randX (100)

startY = 520
endY = -100

i hope i understand your problem. . .
Topic Starter
Elzy
yeah starr already helped me out with floating up particles
but im now trying to remember the coordinates he gave me so i can just have particles pop in cause i forgot. . .
would you know what the coordinates are for just having them on screen?

arviejhay wrote:

Ellzy wrote:

so you were saying that you have a particle generator but the problem is that you can't generate the particles properly like moving particles starting from bottom to top? right?

your using xincrin's particle generator?

if you want moving particles going up.

the initial and final position Y should be constant and the initial and final position X should be generated in random integer numbers (whole numbers)
example.
let "randX" = random number

let say "randX" generated a number which is 100.

so it should be like this.

startX = randX (100)
endX = randX (100)

startY = 520
endY = -100

i hope i understand your problem. . .
Starrodkirby86
Origin of the screen is 320,240 (x,y).

The boundary for the screen on the x-coordinate is roughly -107 and 747, while the boundary for y-coordinate is 0 to 480.

So basically as long as your x-coordinates are between -107 to 747 and your y-coordinates are from 0 to 480, you're good as gold. If you want them to move from offscreen, you need to have one of the range values exceed that. For instance, to fly in from the bottom, you need to have a y-range from [500, (some-value-between-0-to-480) ].