forum

Wafu - Silent Night

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wafu
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on neděle 1. ledna 2017 at 20:04:01

Artist: Wafu
Title: Silent Night
Tags: christmas xmas carol stille nacht heilige nacht franz xaver gruber
BPM: 76
Filesize: 18449kb
Play Time: 01:49
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0,96 stars, 48 notes)
  2. Hard (1,64 stars, 80 notes)
  3. Normal (1,22 stars, 67 notes)
Download: Wafu - Silent Night
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Merry Christmas!
Venix
Hello there!
My part of M4M

[ General]
  1. I'm not sure about diff naming. E icon normal and H icon hard doesn't looks good. Maybe try make custom diff naming like "Relaxing", "Silent" etc.?
  2. I think you can add kiai to this map to emphasise louder and more important part of music.
[ Easy]
  1. 00:04:765 (2) - I think you can add curve to this slder, because straight slider can't fit music well right here. Rythm is similar with 00:00:029 (1,3) - these rythms. It's understable 00:11:871 (2,1) - here, because you haven't violin sound right there.
  2. 00:47:397 (1) - Aesthetics between these notes can be better. You should curve this slider less, because it will create better aesthetics with 00:49:765 (2) - this circle. I prefer do it by replacing this slider with 00:21:344 (2) - this slider. I think this is the easiest way.
  3. 01:21:344 (2) - You can move this slider to up a bit, because you will obtain better flow and I think more smooth transition between 01:18:976 (1,2) - these slider right here. Overall i think it will be more "beginner-friendly".
  4. 01:45:028 (3) - I think you can remake this sldier to repeat 1/2 slider, because 01:45:818 - this rythm is very important.

[ Normal]
  1. 01:16:607 (3) - Light proposition here. You can try flip this slider in horizontal line, because I think it will work better with 01:15:818 (2,4) - these circles by making this flow more reasonable.
  2. 01:28:449 (1) - This slider broke consistancy maked by previous sliders on similar rythms. I think changing rythm at the end of map is not good idea. I prefer make here 1/1 slider + 1/2 slider / 2 circles to obtain better consistancy.

[ Hard]
  1. 01:05:555 (2) - You can replace this slider to two circles, because you have rythm like 01:06:344 (3,4) - this right here. More emphasised than rythm on first slider. It will can make a good 4 circles pattern and I think this is best you can do here. And one more thing, you place 4 circles pattern 01:19:765 (2,3,4,5) - here, on similar rythm. By doing this what i said you can improve consistancy a bit.
  2. 01:29:239 (2) - ^ This is hard and I think you can use more circles on this diff.
  3. 01:40:291 (1) - Here you can place new combo, because this is stronger rythm and I think you should do it to emphasise it. Look, you have new combo 01:47:397 (1) - here, on similar rythm.

That's all.
I know, my mod is not very long, but this mapset doesn't need any big fixes, anyway - good map.
~GL!
Sieg
hello there
Venix

Sieg wrote:

hello there
Topic Starter
Wafu

Venix wrote:

Hello there!
My part of M4M

[ General]
  1. I'm not sure about diff naming. E icon normal and H icon hard doesn't looks good. Maybe try make custom diff naming like "Relaxing", "Silent" etc.? I get where you're coming from, but I never liked using custom names for full sets for my maps. Anyway, I used naming that corresponds to the difficulty. The star rating is messed up, because the first half is really calm, but Hard does have elements of hard, because it has jumps etc., normal has elements of normal etc. That's why I'd like to keep the naming regardless of what icons show.
  2. I think you can add kiai to this map to emphasise louder and more important part of music. Fixed
[ Easy]
  1. 00:04:765 (2) - I think you can add curve to this slder, because straight slider can't fit music well right here. Rythm is similar with 00:00:029 (1,3) - these rythms. It's acceptable 00:11:871 (2,1) - here, because you haven't violin sound right there. To be honest. Violin is pretty much on most of the sliders, if not all, so none of them could be straight. I think this really depends on personal point of view and how we perceive curves.
  2. 00:47:397 (1) - Aesthetics between these notes can be better. You should curve this slider less, because it will create better aesthetics with 00:49:765 (2) - this circle. I prefer do it by replacing this slider with 00:21:344 (2) - this slider. I think this is the easiest way. I fixed this, but I sometimes do this intentionally, because I don't want every "blanket" to look the same and I sometimes do so according to the song. Just saying, so that you know that aesthetics you like might not always be intended.
  3. 01:21:344 (2) - You can move this slider to up a bit, because you will obtain better flow and I think more smooth transition between 01:18:976 (1,2) - these slider right here. Overall i think it will be more "beginner-friendly". True, rotated the wave slider a little bit so that it doesn't look so close, but flow should be nicer now.
  4. 01:45:028 (3) - I think you can remake this sldier to repeat 1/2 slider, because 01:45:818 - this rythm is very important. I'd like to keep this for the better transition to the spinner, I like how it calms down here. Plus it would be more complex than normal or hard. If more people mention this, I'll consider remaking this outro.

[ Normal]
  1. 01:16:607 (3) - Light proposition here. You can try flip this slider in horizontal line, because I think it will work better with 01:15:818 (2,4) - these circles by making this flow more reasonable. The slider doesn't really affect flow, because the angle is very little. I like have few sliders with this shape to enhance the look of the map without really affecting the gameplay. My personal view.
  2. 01:28:449 (1) - This slider broke consistancy maked by previous sliders on similar rythms. I think changing rythm at the end of map is not good idea. I prefer make here 1/1 slider + 1/2 slider / 2 circles to obtain better consistancy. I didn't fix this, because there were more inconsistencies in the part and I don't think that repeating one over and over is fun to play. The normal also needs to be a little bit more complex than that, so I remade 01:37:923 - to the same kind of pattern. It previously had easier rhythm than easy and it should be something between easy and hard.

[ Hard]
  1. 01:05:555 (2) - You can replace this slider to two circles, because you have rythm like 01:06:344 (3,4) - this right here. More emphasised than rythm on first slider. It will can make a good 4 circles pattern and I think this is best you can do here. And one more thing, you place 4 circles pattern 01:19:765 (2,3,4,5) - here, on similar rythm. By doing this what i said you can improve consistancy a bit. I didn't fix this, because I think the flute is connected better with the slider in these parts. I did the same on 01:29:239 (2) - too. I fixed that on 01:19:765 - though, to be consistent with this. I find the slider to be better than 4 circles. I don't need to spam circles in a part that isn't so significant. But even though consistency is important, some variety also doesn't hurt, if it's not for very significant parts of the song that are mapped completely different in one part than other - that's what I want avoid by consistency, not regular patterns of the same intensity as rest of the map. For example, I would not want to have inconsistent jump, but patterns that would repeat often don't matter to me. That's how I see consistency problems.
  2. 01:29:239 (2) - ^ This is hard and I think you can use more circles on this diff. Same as above.
  3. 01:40:291 (1) - Here you can place new combo, because this is stronger rythm and I think you should do it to emphasise it. Look, you have new combo 01:47:397 (1) - here, on similar rythm. Every downbeat is so significant, so I would have to have really short combos in overall, but I also don't want to exceed 2 measures without a new combo, but I also feel like the new combo adds a good finish. If more complaints are made about this, I will remove the new combo at 01:47:397 - , but I won't add it on 01:40:291 - in either situation.

That's all.
I know, my mod is not very long, but this mapset doesn't need any big fixes, anyway - good map.
~GL!
Thanks for the mod! I will try to mod your map as soon as possible.
CSLM
Hi, Christmas M4M
Note: Recently my right earphone mess up, so i won't hear anything from that part.

General

1. The .osb it's EXTREMETLY huge for only a snowing effect. I've checked the .osb and there's lines that are unnecesarely repeated (the Scale and Additive lines are repeting itself when you probably know that only one for each Sprite is fine). Also, for the move thing, can I suggest adding a loop for X? since X are only moving 6 pixels side by side in 15 & 16 easings every x ms, you would reduce a lot of lines.

Easy

1. 00:04:765 (2,3) - Well, having (2) covering 2 1/1 when 00:00:029 (1) - it's covering the whole measure, they sounding the same, and (3) ending in a Downbeat, it makes some inconsistency, don't you think? I suggest make this on 00:09:502 - makes more emphasis Imo and in 00:04:765 - make a whole-measure slider just like 00:00:029 -
  2. 00:15:818 (3) - A 1/1 slider ending on a Downbeat? uwu Why not, circle on 00:15:818 - and 2/1 slider on 00:16:607 - ? Of that way cover the violin sound better
  3. 00:23:713 (3) - Change by a 2/1 slider? like i said before, you can cover the violin sound better
  4. Since 00:28:450 - to 00:33:186 - shouldn't be only 2/1 sliders like 00:18:976 (1,2,3) - ? Those parts sound equal, it makes an inconsistency
  5. 00:57:660 (2,3) - Make them a single 2/1 slider, 00:58:449 - it's kinda a low pitch so undermapping it wouldn't be so bad, also imo would make a great emphasis to 01:00:028 (1) -
  6. 01:02:397 (2,3) - Ctrl - G. It's better make 01:03:186 - clickeable 'cause it's there were the note changes, not in 01:02:397 -

Normal

1. 01:16:607 (4) - The flow of this slider doesn't fit really well. I suggest move the red point to x11 y200, of that way the mouse flows on the right direction that 01:14:239 (1,2,3) -
  2. 01:21:344 (4) - Move it to x119 y22? Of that way the next object it's up, the same direction where's going 01:18:976 (1,2,3) -
  3. 01:45:028 (2) - Take off the reverse, and add a circle on 01:46:607 - Makes better emphasis to the spinner imo

Hard

1. SV 1,60 in Hard it's kinda fast don't you think? Make a huge gap between N and H (1,20 -> 1,60?). How about 1,40? Would fit better the song.
  2. The SV since the beggining until the kiai seems unfair lel. Those SV changes of 0,60 imho should being in that whole part, because it has the same smothness and softness across the song. Making abrupt SV changes like these are really akward in this part and the 0,60x I suggest leave it all until kiai.
  3. 00:02:397 (3) - End it on 00:04:371 - (Where the violin stops) and add a 2/3 slider just like the beginning, that cover better the violin
  4. 01:40:291 (6) - I think make a better emphasis if move this to x326 y149

I really hope it helps, apart of the .osb i couldn't see anything of big deal
GL :3
choo choo~
Topic Starter
Wafu

CSLM wrote:

Hi, Christmas M4M
Note: Recently my right earphone mess up, so i won't hear anything from that part.

General

1. The .osb it's EXTREMETLY huge for only a snowing effect. I've checked the .osb and there's lines that are unnecesarely repeated (the Scale and Additive lines are repeting itself when you probably know that only one for each Sprite is fine). Also, for the move thing, can I suggest adding a loop for X? since X are only moving 6 pixels side by side in 15 & 16 easings every x ms, you would reduce a lot of lines. Oh, I thought I updated it already, but turns out that I didn't replace the .osb file. It should be good now.

Easy

1. 00:04:765 (2,3) - Well, having (2) covering 2 1/1 when 00:00:029 (1) - it's covering the whole measure, they sounding the same, and (3) ending in a Downbeat, it makes some inconsistency, don't you think? I suggest make this on 00:09:502 - makes more emphasis Imo and in 00:04:765 - make a whole-measure slider just like 00:00:029 - I agree it makes the inconsistency, but I don't think that new players should be overwhelmed with consistency. Too high amount of long sliders can be exhausting and boring to play, so I'm really trying to make this part very variable.
  2. 00:15:818 (3) - A 1/1 slider ending on a Downbeat? uwu Why not, circle on 00:15:818 - and 2/1 slider on 00:16:607 - ? Of that way cover the violin sound better 2/1 slider at 00:16:607 - would not be any better as it would not land on any sound at all. This part is made so that sounds occur mostly on downbeats, therefore, for a good emphasis, I would have to map mostly circles. I'd have to use 3/1 slider here and then the same issue you're mentioning would occur at different position. Anyway, you can divide the song by 4 downbeats, which makes it musically very logical and will show you which object must be clicked to make some sense. I realized that few of mine were incorrect, so I sort of fixed the beginning part.
  3. 00:23:713 (3) - Change by a 2/1 slider? like i said before, you can cover the violin sound better As I mentioned previously, consistency is not a big deal in this difficulty and in fact, overusing consistency would lead me to map a lot more, resulting in a very similar difficulty to the Normal. I want to give a little bit more rest for Easy players and I don't want those difficulties to be identical even in this part.
  4. Since 00:28:450 - to 00:33:186 - shouldn't be only 2/1 sliders like 00:18:976 (1,2,3) - ? Those parts sound equal, it makes an inconsistency Same as above.
  5. 00:57:660 (2,3) - Make them a single 2/1 slider, 00:58:449 - it's kinda a low pitch so undermapping it wouldn't be so bad, also imo would make a great emphasis to 01:00:028 (1) - I fixed this not because of the low pitch, but because 00:58:449 - definitely doesn't deserve clicking as much as 00:59:239 - does due to its intensity.
  6. 01:02:397 (2,3) - Ctrl - G. It's better make 01:03:186 - clickeable 'cause it's there were the note changes, not in 01:02:397 - As I explained above, I wanted these bell sounds to have a priority over the basic piano sounds as they're more significant. So if one is clickable but other isn't, it should always be the bell that is clickable. Doing so would even go against what you suggested above.

Normal

1. 01:16:607 (4) - The flow of this slider doesn't fit really well. I suggest move the red point to x11 y200, of that way the mouse flows on the right direction that 01:14:239 (1,2,3) - I explained this in previous mod. The slider doesn't have any impact on flow as it's almost straight. This really depends on personal feeling.
  2. 01:21:344 (4) - Move it to x119 y22? Of that way the next object it's up, the same direction where's going 01:18:976 (1,2,3) - I don't think that mostly straight patterns look good. I made a triangle with the previous slider and circles and I don't think it plays or looks bad. Your option is not bad either, but as my placement apparently doesn't cause any problem, just is a different kind of flow and and shape, so I don't see why not keeping it if I don't like your option more. I hope you get what I mean here, just, both are not problematic and are good, but based on appearance, I'd like to keep this one.
  3. 01:45:028 (2) - Take off the reverse, and add a circle on 01:46:607 - Makes better emphasis to the spinner imo I didn't place a circle here because this part gets calmer and calmer, and 01:46:607 - is not so significant that it would deserve a note imo.

Hard

1. SV 1,60 in Hard it's kinda fast don't you think? Make a huge gap between N and H (1,20 -> 1,60?). How about 1,40? Would fit better the song. I think that 1.6 is fair. I think that it makes it more enjoyable as 1.4 would also involve spacing change and would not be that swift. I personally thing that the BPM allows me to use such a high SV as it still is relatively slow.
  2. The SV since the beggining until the kiai seems unfair lel. Those SV changes of 0,60 imho should being in that whole part, because it has the same smothness and softness across the song. Making abrupt SV changes like these are really akward in this part and the 0,60x I suggest leave it all until kiai. I always used it for the long violin sounds (3/1), never for a different sound. The parts that have this long violin are usually very calm so I slowed it down and kept the same SV for the active parts. As I thought of it, I realised that 0,60x might be fine, but not in combination with 1,0x, it should be at least a bit lower. I will reconsider the whole beginning part a bit later, I might actually remap the beginning completely.
  3. 00:02:397 (3) - End it on 00:04:371 - (Where the violin stops) and add a 2/3 slider just like the beginning, that cover better the violin Violin end is not an impact sound. You can't say where it ends because violin never stops accurately and even if it would, the sound is still present, just is fading out. This is one of my very important philosophies of mapping - I never liked to end a slider on a non-existent sound or on a fading out sound. I know that many mappers do this, sometimes it works, but even though I sometimes find it enjoyable to play, I don't like the technique as it in my opinion is not correct rhythm-wise, so I don't like to use it in any of my maps.
  4. 01:40:291 (6) - I think make a better emphasis if move this to x326 y149 I think that a position in relation to emphasis in this case is really subjective. Low distance or a stack with 01:42:660 (1) - seemed like a good emphasis to me and I cannot really say I feel any emphasis if it's on the position you suggested.

I really hope it helps, apart of the .osb i couldn't see anything of big deal
GL :3
choo choo~
Thanks for your mod! Sorry for not fixing so much, many of your suggestions were very subjective, so it's obvious I will try to defend my style of mapping. But I still appreciate it and it helped me to fix few important issues. I will take a more proper look at the beginning of hard later. Remapped the beginning.

Of course, if time allows me to, I will try to mod your map today!

Kinda surprised how nobody noticed I didn't set any combo colours.
Gordon123
hoi! Merry Christmas
[General]

• i think u you need a little to reduce the length of sounds in soft-hitclap 1 2 etc because the sounds are connected thereby creating a lot of noise! for exmple 01:00:028 (1,2) - this plase in easy!
[Easy]

• firstly check ur AiMod,couse he say what u have broblem with DS 00:07:134 (3) - here and 00:26:081 (4) - here! screenshoot > http://puu.sh/sZO1H/8db9706bcb.png
    00:15:818 (3) - second part slider - try add clap(delete whistle)
[Normal]

• idk! diff is very good for me! but maybe u try make variation slider + circle owo?
[Hard]

• 01:28:449 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - This part rests only on one side, try to use the entire field for mapping
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Luck ;)
riffy
Merry Christmas!

[General]
  1. Some of the hitsounds peak creating a bit of noise. soft-hitclap7 would be a good example of that.
  2. Is there really a need to use so many identical hitsounds? wouldn't it be possible to avoid that by manipulating the green lines a little?
[Easy]
  1. 00:14:239 - 00:30:818 - 00:35:555 - 00:42:660 - I would insist on these objects having some kind of clickable object as they are the strongest beats and they feel really heavy. Otherwise, it feels quite empty.

Cool.
[Normal]
  1. 01:03:976 - 01:37:134 - this beat had a very clear and clickable circle on Easy, but in harder difficulty here it suddenly was covered with a slider.
    Note: probably there are a couple more patterns of similar nature. Would be good if you could stress these beats better.

Amazing.
[Hard]
  1. 00:00:029 (1,2,1,2) - quite a similar thing as the one mentioned on Normlal. Downbeats could use some more emphasis.

Great one.
Absolutely love it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Topic Starter
Wafu

Gordon123 wrote:

hoi! Merry Christmas
[General]

• i think u you need a little to reduce the length of sounds in soft-hitclap 1 2 etc because the sounds are connected thereby creating a lot of noise! for exmple 01:00:028 (1,2) - this plase in easy! Can't hear anything wrong, the noise blends with music well for me if it's 100%/100% volume.
[Easy]

• firstly check ur AiMod,couse he say what u have broblem with DS 00:07:134 (3) - here and 00:26:081 (4) - here! screenshoot > The first object has regular 1,2x spacing, just spacing between 00:00:029 (1,2) - is 0,87x (lowered because it doesn't fit screen otherwise), then 1,2x is regular. The second one is lower spacing than the rest of the combo because there again is no space to move the object. Believe that nobody is going to have problem hitting these objects, the spacing doesn't matter for these as the time between them is 4 1/1 notes - that's more than 2 seconds.http://puu.sh/sZO1H/8db9706bcb.png
    00:15:818 (3) - second part slider - try add clap(delete whistle) I added the clap for the bell only, so there's no reason for adding it on a piano.
[Normal]

• idk! diff is very good for me! but maybe u try make variation slider + circle owo?
[Hard]

• 01:28:449 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - This part rests only on one side, try to use the entire field for mapping Changed a slider a bit so that it is not so clustered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Luck ;)
Thanks for your mod! Sorry for not fixing much, I think the reasons I gave you are pretty obvious, so I hope you're fine with this.

Bakari wrote:

Merry Christmas!

[General]
  1. Some of the hitsounds peak creating a bit of noise. soft-hitclap7 would be a good example of that. Oh, those mentioned by Gordon were not sounding bad to me, but you're right here, I will go through all of them and check/change volume appropriately.
  2. Is there really a need to use so many identical hitsounds? wouldn't it be possible to avoid that by manipulating the green lines a little? Oh, I firstly didn't get what you mean, now I'm not sure, but you meant reducing amount of hitwhistles by having 2 bells in one sampleset, right? If that's it, then sure, I will fix that. Not sure why I didn't get this idea before. Nice catch.
[Easy]
  1. 00:14:239 - 00:30:818 - 00:35:555 - 00:42:660 - I would insist on these objects having some kind of clickable object as they are the strongest beats and they feel really heavy. Otherwise, it feels quite empty. Sorry to deny this one, but I explained this one previously. I wanted to make only the starts of sections clickable. That means, every 4th 4 1/1. I feel the song is quite divided into these parts. I'm not implying that it's extremely important to me to keep it this way, so if there are more people to raise this concern, I will be willing to solve this if there's no other option, but I think the current statement is logical from my standpoint.

Cool.
[Normal]
  1. 01:03:976 - 01:37:134 - this beat had a very clear and clickable circle on Easy, but in harder difficulty here it suddenly was covered with a slider.
    Note: probably there are a couple more patterns of similar nature. Would be good if you could stress these beats better. I was probably a bit concerned with the difficulty, so I ignored this fact. But 1,2 star rating has no place for concerns. I will definitely improve these. Applied for about 3 or 4 occurrences.

Amazing.
[Hard]
  1. 00:00:029 (1,2,1,2) - quite a similar thing as the one mentioned on Normlal. Downbeats could use some more emphasis. Fixed.

Great one.
Absolutely love it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Thanks for your mod and Merry Christmas to both of you! Please note that the hitsound issue is not fixed yet, I will work on it. Should work nicely now, at least for my ears. I also changed some hitwhistles to finishes instead and instead of 24 samplesets, I'm using only 12 now, so I removed many sliderslides and sliderwhistles, reduced the filesize about ~1MB.
Yuii-
Hello, hello!

Not too much to say about this mapset, to be honest. It looks clean!
Why do you have so many combo colours if I may know?
I find the Easy difficulty extremely unnecessary, nonetheless. Normal is already "easy" enough for everyone on this game, so ya there's that.

1. 00:11:871 (2,3) - (On Easy) I would prefer a different rhythm for this section http://i.imgur.com/coqjwHR.jpg as there are two awkward breaks inbetween these notes. The music does pick up again on 00:14:239 - but you added a break there instead of a slider. I'm okay with the break on 00:16:607 - because it does actually benefit itself from a little "rest" to (extremely)beginner players but other than that, it just feels empty somehow.
  2. 01:07:134 (2,3) - (On Easy) Flow-wise here looks a bit dead if you ask me. It kinda breaks with the motion, if you don't want to stack (3) under (1) to maintain the same kind of flow is totally understandable, but what about curving (2) a little bit so it does feel more comfortable to play http://i.imgur.com/f4Ggsf3.jpg ?
  3. 01:05:949 (2,3) - (On Normal) Every other (2,3) pattern is pretty straightforward but this, I would love to see a more linear movement instead of this as it seems to create an inconsistency with the rest of the patterns.
  4. 00:45:028 - (On Hard) Even on the Normal difficulty this is clickable. Such a long slider for this difficulty doesn't seem appropriate enough, to be honest.
  5. 01:09:502 (1,2) - 01:37:923 (1,2) - (On Hard) Eeeeh, not really a huge fan of double-clickable when there's really nothing landing on (2)... maybe is it for emphasis? Not sure, actually... but the 1/2 slider would be more professional!
Also, uhc is telling me soft-hitfinish12.wav is not being used, but it's on 01:46:607 - ... weird thing, to be fair.
soft-hitclap7.wav and soft-hitclap10.wav have a very, very annoying sound at the beginning of it on the left ear. Would be amazing if you could fix it because it is huh.

Call me back!
Topic Starter
Wafu

Yuii- wrote:

Hello, hello!

Not too much to say about this mapset, to be honest. It looks clean!
Why do you have so many combo colours if I may know? I used 3 primary colours that can be found in the background image and wanted to have 2 shades of each so it's not just plain 3 colours. I don't see any technical issue with this and I hope it could be fine?
I find the Easy difficulty extremely unnecessary, nonetheless. Normal is already "easy" enough for everyone on this game, so ya there's that. I did this because I don't think that the song deserves any harder difficulty and doing just 2 difficulties is kinda lazy. And from my own experience, I know I would not enjoy the Normal if I just installed the game, so I think that having an introductory difficulty for easy mapsets is fine. Also take in consideration that the star rating is a little bit messed up in this mapset due to intensity changing after a half of the song. These difficulties are better for songs with complex rhythms, but I don't think I went into an extreme as I did in past with certain map.

1. 00:11:871 (2,3) - (On Easy) I would prefer a different rhythm for this section http://i.imgur.com/coqjwHR.jpg as there are two awkward breaks inbetween these notes. The music does pick up again on 00:14:239 - but you added a break there instead of a slider. I'm okay with the break on 00:16:607 - because it does actually benefit itself from a little "rest" to (extremely)beginner players but other than that, it just feels empty somehow. I didn't do exactly what you suggested in the screenshot, because I don't want to end slider on an non-existent note where the middle slider would end. I did however remake it so that all the sounds are mapped, and with more emphasis. As it was mentioned by more people, I will change this then.
  2. 01:07:134 (2,3) - (On Easy) Flow-wise here looks a bit dead if you ask me. It kinda breaks with the motion, if you don't want to stack (3) under (1) to maintain the same kind of flow is totally understandable, but what about curving (2) a little bit so it does feel more comfortable to play http://i.imgur.com/f4Ggsf3.jpg ? I think that depends on each of us and everyone will perceive the flow in a different way. I like how it transforms from regular circular flow to a wavy kind of flow instead. I feel both ways pretty natural to hand, but I prefer mine here.
  3. 01:05:949 (2,3) - (On Normal) Every other (2,3) pattern is pretty straightforward but this, I would love to see a more linear movement instead of this as it seems to create an inconsistency with the rest of the patterns. Yeah, you're right. I think it plays really easily and doesn't create any bad experience, but I agree it can be consistent.
  4. 00:45:028 - (On Hard) Even on the Normal difficulty this is clickable. Such a long slider for this difficulty doesn't seem appropriate enough, to be honest. Yeah, why not.
  5. 01:09:502 (1,2) - 01:37:923 (1,2) - (On Hard) Eeeeh, not really a huge fan of double-clickable when there's really nothing landing on (2)... maybe is it for emphasis? Not sure, actually... but the 1/2 slider would be more professional! It lands on a piano sound, I wouldn't map something I didn't even add the the song. But I still fixed it because the way it plays with sliders is more comfortable.
Also, uhc is telling me soft-hitfinish12.wav is not being used, but it's on 01:46:607 - ... weird thing, to be fair. Seems like a bug.
soft-hitclap7.wav and soft-hitclap10.wav have a very, very annoying sound at the beginning of it on the left ear. Would be amazing if you could fix it because it is huh. Should be good now.

Call me back!
Thanks for your mod Yuii-!
Yuii-
Adjusted one pattern on Hard, buffed settings on the Easy difficulty.
Easy difficulty was justified by Wafu and I agree with that reasoning. Normal is more clickable-oriented, so having something more "easier" as a way of introducing newer players into the game is okay.

There is a bug showing soft-hitfinish12.wav as "unused" on uhc (by Sieg) when it is being used on 01:46:607 - . Every hitsound has been fixed and it's being used in the mapset.

Seems fine, have your bubble!
Gordon123
Wohoo
pishifat
can i rank this
Myxo
Make sure to fix this offscreen object 00:33:186 (2) - on Easy before ranking.

Also, is it just me or are some of the chords in the song really weird? I am used to hearing Silent Night since my childhood and I appreciate you tried to spice the song up by using different chords here and there but those are so unexpected that it sounds really awkward to me:
00:16:607 - This is the first harmony that sounds awkward to me, not so sure why. I think this one is repeatedly used throughout the song but it works better later on because I already got used to hearing it. It's definitely the least problematic of all the chords that I'll mention.
00:49:765 - 00:52:134 - It's weird how the tonic comes first and then another harmony afterwards where you'd expect the tonic. This is probably a modern technique of composing but it totally throws me off here.
01:02:397 - Here the 'gong' sound doesn't sound harmonic with the rest that's going on imo.
01:45:028 - 01:47:397 - Same as at 49 seconds.
If I were to suggest anything for these (with my limited knowledge of composing and stuff) I would recommend either making these the same as the original song or adding in transitional chords to make the listener expect these harmonies.

I feel a bit dumb for modding the song to be honest, but I am just curious about your reasoning for these sounds as they make an otherwise neat interpretation of a classic song sound rather awkward. Don't take it too seriously and please ignore my unprofessional wording (I know some things about music theory but I can't put it into English).

Good luck! :3
Topic Starter
Wafu

Desperate-kun wrote:

Make sure to fix this offscreen object 00:33:186 (2) - on Easy before ranking.

Also, is it just me or are some of the chords in the song really weird? I am used to hearing Silent Night since my childhood and I appreciate you tried to spice the song up by using different chords here and there but those are so unexpected that it sounds really awkward to me:
00:16:607 - This is the first harmony that sounds awkward to me, not so sure why. I think this one is repeatedly used throughout the song but it works better later on because I already got used to hearing it. It's definitely the least problematic of all the chords that I'll mention.
00:49:765 - 00:52:134 - It's weird how the tonic comes first and then another harmony afterwards where you'd expect the tonic. This is probably a modern technique of composing but it totally throws me off here.
01:02:397 - Here the 'gong' sound doesn't sound harmonic with the rest that's going on imo.
01:45:028 - 01:47:397 - Same as at 49 seconds.
If I were to suggest anything for these (with my limited knowledge of composing and stuff) I would recommend either making these the same as the original song or adding in transitional chords to make the listener expect these harmonies.

I feel a bit dumb for modding the song to be honest, but I am just curious about your reasoning for these sounds as they make an otherwise neat interpretation of a classic song sound rather awkward. Don't take it too seriously and please ignore my unprofessional wording (I know some things about music theory but I can't put it into English).

Good luck! :3
About the off-screen object, I tried that in-game with all resolutions that I could choose and none looked off-screen during gameplay, could you tell me what resolution conflicts in-game? Because I tried 16:9, 16:10, 4:3, which are pretty much the standards and none had a problem.

About the music part. I'm aware that it is not exactly as the original. I didn't want to make the song identical, because in that case, I would feel that I could just get the record of original song and map that. I wanted to add the flute/recorder instrument, because that instrument means a lot to me. Copying the original melody would be really boring, so I'm chose a way where the flute is played in a bit reversed order, but in the same key, so that they don't really ruin the song. However, adding the original chords didn't sound so well with the flute/recorder, so I changed few of them to my liking. As long as it's in the same key, it's usually very subjective whether one likes that or not, I hope you understand it.

There of course could be a lot to change. I could really spend hours changing stuff, but I don't really feel the urge to. Of course some people will like the original more, but my intention was not to make it perfectly as the original, but in a way that would not sound bad to me and that it would mean something to me. I don't want to ignore your opinion, but I think making changes (especially to something that doesn't necessarily sound awkward to me) would kinda go against my original intention of just going by heart.

Please, tell me if my justification of that off-screen item is fine, or if it really conflict for some resolution during gameplay.

Thanks for your opinion/modding. With above explanation, please tell me if you'd want a kd in case it would get fixed. Some people don't like getting kd for one change, so tell me eventually.
Myxo
Ok, I can live with that reply :D Feel free to decide if you think it's worth a kudosu or not.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6948353 This happens on my resolution (1280x1024) o.o
Mao
Is that even a 4:3 resolution
Myxo
Woops I forgot I'm using a 5:4 resolution lmao. I still recommend to change the slider as it is very close to the borders and it would look more balanced to have it a bit more to the right :<
show more