Elite Mapper
3,318 posts
Problem Details:

As the title says, I'm getting a warning window every time I want to post something significantly long (aka a mod or just a few paragraphs) on that subforum. The error says:

Code:
256 /data/repo/www/forum/includes/functions_messenger.php 162 Could not find email template file [ language/es/email/topic_notify.txt ]

Even with that warning window, my post will be saved and shown in the beatmap thread. If I try to refresh that site or go back and check my post preview, a new post with the same content will be generated, leading to something like this:

collapsed text

Editing my post won't trigger the issue though. The website asks me often to verify my osu! account through my email address at least once or twice if I refresh in the error site. The issue is indeed minor, but kinda annoying if I'm actively modding :p

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20161101cuttingedge
Last edited by Nathanael on , edited 1 time in total.
Thread subject changed
Rhythm Incarnate
917 posts
Try clearing your cache/cookies?
also i love your profile picture
Support Team
3,203 posts
This seems to be a relatively new issue with some certain sub-forums. It's been reported before.

I'll try to find the thread sometime today.
Support Team
5,173 posts
Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:
This seems to be a relatively new issue with some certain sub-forums. It's been reported before.

I'll try to find the thread sometime today.

Same thought here. This thread has the same issue as this one, but it seems like it's only occurring for the old web, and not for new.ppy.sh.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,799 posts
I noticed that in the 2nd update that it didn't appear until the 2nd post. My 1st post didn't get the error
So I'm thinking it might be with the OP needing verification?
Hard to point out...
Elite Mapper
3,318 posts
Flannel wrote:
Try clearing your cache/cookies?
also i love your profile picture

Tried that already, but it still happens. I noticed it gets triggered in the WIP/Help subforum, as well as with private messages.

Same error message in any case. Can it be related to the fact that the new website implemented locations in other languages?

Rhythm Incarnate
1,799 posts
Have you read the thread Pawsu linked? It happened to me too.
t/521007
At this point it's not a problem from the user, but the website itself
Though I don't think it's a problem because of the new website implementation
Since it says about a template, I'm thinking it's when osu! Tries to send an email to subscribed users that have not verified email?

Also, could you test it on the links I gave in that thread?
Combo Commander
477 posts
Use a different browser.

Re-verify email on a new browser too if necessary.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,799 posts
Venzire wrote:
Use a different browser.

Re-verify email on a new browser too if necessary.

Don't think you didn't read the thread though, if you did, you would know it isn't a problem with their end
Since it happens to me too (both phone and computer)

Just now it happened to this thread newly created
t/525273
As noted before, despite the error, it still posted
Editing is still fine. The error came from es again.

Can someone test it out and make a post to see if it happens to them too?
Rhythm Incarnate
1,618 posts
After talking with Kirby, the error seems to occur because there doesn't seem to be a localisation for Spanish.

Code:
<Starrodkirby86> the OP requested to get notifications of the topic replies to his email
<Starrodkirby86> Could not find email template file [ language/es/email/topic_notify.txt ]
osu! Alumni
3,253 posts
Well, the error is straightforward. It's missing the email localization text necessary to send out to a user using Spanish that someone replied to their topic (that being language/es/email/topic_notify.txt). It should only trigger when someone with Spanish forum language has "Notify me when a reply is posted" checked or has that by default (i.e. subscribing to a thread).

I'd like to think that this file existed already, but recently it's just 404ing or not being able to access that. Not much we can do since this is just a failure on the forum system.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,799 posts
Well it's not only for es, but pl (Poland) as well
I don't know if there are some more, but it seems like it makes users double post in the confusion
It could be a bit problematic, seeing there's an easy fix to make links work (or not)
Either way, the new.ppy still works, (errors ignored maybe?) So it's better to use that :/
(But I prefer old layout when on my phone)
osu! Alumni
3,253 posts
I find it particularly odd since this error happened recently. I'm sure them and other languages or topic notifications in general were available in the past. So something must have borked internally, but it's outside of what I'm aware of.
Support Team
5,173 posts
Pretty sure this is getting forwarded on.
Support Team
5,536 posts
This is being investigated and hopefully it will be fixed in the near future. Sorry for the trouble that this issue can cause.
Reply 35 posts jump | 1, 2, 3  next