forum

27.4beats - zimnie nochi

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Signum
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 11:46:57 AM

Artist: 27.4beats
Title: zimnie nochi
Tags: winter nights зимние ночи beats daughter smother
BPM: 79
Filesize: 3178kb
Play Time: 01:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. cold (1.31 stars, 68 notes)
  2. frost (1.98 stars, 106 notes)
Download: 27.4beats - zimnie nochi
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The spring, summer, is quite a hectic time for people in their lives, but then it comes to autumn, and to winter, and you can't but help think back to the year that was, and then hopefully looking forward to the year that is approaching.

--- Enya
Kyouren
Pladeholder :3
Marmowka
Хруст снега, иду за кудоской в лес. Скоро буду.
Tarrasky
yo, short mod for a short song

General

1. Your background is 1159x768 resolution, and the ranking criteria just accept at leasy 1366x768 resolutions, i recommend you search for another resolution of the same bg, or change the bg
  2. The timing looks need something here 00:09:135 - but i'm not so good with timing, so i recommend you request a timing check from another mapper that is good with timing, but as i say i'm bad with timing, can be ok here, not sure

cold

3. The flow between 00:34:465 (3) - and 00:36:044 (1) - can be improved if you change the position of 00:34:465 (3) -, i recommend you change for something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6605361

freezing

4. I'm not sure about this 1,8x spacing, in some moments like this 00:37:820 (5,6) - looks acceptable because the 1/4 transiction in low bpm, but in moments like this 00:28:939 (2,3,1) - i can't agree, the 1/2 spacing must need be constant in Normal spread diff, can be confuse because the 00:29:333 (3,1) - is more spacing than 00:28:939 (2,3) -, and some players can think that the 00:29:333 (3,1) - have more timing to play than 00:28:939 (2,3) -
  5. 00:22:623 (3) - same than cold diff, the flow can be improved
  6. 01:08:757 (1) - in the cold diff you added a slider here, and in this diff you add a spin, i know the spin is short enought for easy diff, but i think this spin is faster enought for normal diff too, so i recommend you change this from a slider, like in cold
  7. 00:43:889 (1,2,3,4) - Jumps are not accepted in Normal difficulties
subtitle:
Red: Unrankable
Orange: highly recommended
Blue: Some tips
Green: Nazi stuff
Bold: General

Good luck ^-^
Topic Starter
Signum

Tarrasky wrote:

yo, short mod for a short song

General

1. Your background is 1159x768 resolution, and the ranking criteria just accept at leasy 1366x768 resolutions, i recommend you search for another resolution of the same bg, or change the bg I need to find someone who will resize it for me.
  2. The timing looks need something here 00:09:135 - but i'm not so good with timing, so i recommend you request a timing check from another mapper that is good with timing, but as i say i'm bad with timing, can be ok here, not sure I will ask someone

cold

3. The flow between 00:34:465 (3) - and 00:36:044 (1) - can be improved if you change the position of 00:34:465 (3) -, i recommend you change for something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6605361 Fixed

freezing

4. I'm not sure about this 1,8x spacing, in some moments like this 00:37:820 (5,6) - looks acceptable because the 1/4 transiction in low bpm, but in moments like this 00:28:939 (2,3,1) - i can't agree, the 1/2 spacing must need be constant in Normal spread diff, can be confuse because the 00:29:333 (3,1) - is more spacing than 00:28:939 (2,3) -, and some players can think that the 00:29:333 (3,1) - have more timing to play than 00:28:939 (2,3) - Polished a bit
  5. 00:22:623 (3) - same than cold diff, the flow can be improved Fixed
  6. 01:08:757 (1) - in the cold diff you added a slider here, and in this diff you add a spin, i know the spin is short enought for easy diff, but i think this spin is faster enought for normal diff too, so i recommend you change this from a slider, like in cold No, sorry
  7. 00:43:889 (1,2,3,4) - Jumps are not accepted in Normal difficultiesThis is not Normal. Refer to my old beatmap "Lullaby" where I used the same pattern in "Normal" diff. The star rating is trolling a bit, it should be Normal & Hard.
subtitle:
Red: Unrankable
Orange: highly recommended
Blue: Some tips
Green: Nazi stuff
Bold: General

Good luck ^-^
Thanks
meii18
from

[general]
nothing to point out.

[cold]
00:10:725(1,1)- possibly insufficiently spinner recovery. you have only 1 beat recovery here and tbh, i would let 2 beats since it is the easiest diff of the set plus i would give to newbie players more time to recover after aiming the spinner so the spinner's end would be on 00:13:125- imo.
00:28:149(3,4)- this one is less curved but the next one is a bit...too curved let's say. why don't you curve (4)- less tho? http://puu.sh/sq0FZ/de21eba153.jpg
nice diff you got there!

[freezing]
00:07:175(2)- i guess you need to get some confirmation about this slider's snapping. i feel like it doesn't sound as it is properly snapped to the music imo.
00:13:125(1)- placed the nc on purpose? i don't see any new stanza here nor a timing point which slighty changes the bpm let's say so i suggest to remove that nc since it looks somewhat useless.
00:31:307(3,4,5)- maybe arranging a bit the pattern like in this picture http://puu.sh/sq1zM/feaeef38b0.jpg? i would suggest to do it because there's some intensity in the music and bringing some build-up effect would give some emphasis to that little intensity from the song.
00:37:623(4,5,6,7)- spacing them a little bit to bring some build-up effect? it is obvious that there's some intensity in the music. pls don't blame me ;_;.
00:48:626(1)- tbh, i would curve it less because the flow would feel more natural when you will aim this slider imo.
about the suggested jumps, they're just suggestion so you can feel free to ignore them. i just noticed some intensity in the music, even if the bpm is low and that's why i started to suggest some tiny jumps to create build-up effect to give emphasis to the instensity parts of the music.

it's a great mapset imo and it have potential to get ranked. have a star from me because i rly like the song tho.
good luck!
Topic Starter
Signum

ByBy wrote:

from

[general]
nothing to point out.

[cold]
00:10:725(1,1)- possibly insufficiently spinner recovery. you have only 1 beat recovery here and tbh, i would let 2 beats since it is the easiest diff of the set plus i would give to newbie players more time to recover after aiming the spinner so the spinner's end would be on 00:13:125- imo. fixed
00:28:149(3,4)- this one is less curved but the next one is a bit...too curved let's say. why don't you curve (4)- less tho? http://puu.sh/sq0FZ/de21eba153.jpg they are same
nice diff you got there!

[freezing]
00:07:175(2)- i guess you need to get some confirmation about this slider's snapping. i feel like it doesn't sound as it is properly snapped to the music imo. i think it does
00:13:125(1)- placed the nc on purpose? i don't see any new stanza here nor a timing point which slighty changes the bpm let's say so i suggest to remove that nc since it looks somewhat useless. fixed
00:31:307(3,4,5)- maybe arranging a bit the pattern like in this picture http://puu.sh/sq1zM/feaeef38b0.jpg? i would suggest to do it because there's some intensity in the music and bringing some build-up effect would give some emphasis to that little intensity from the song.nah i like it how it is. i dont want big jumps here
00:37:623(4,5,6,7)- spacing them a little bit to bring some build-up effect? it is obvious that there's some intensity in the music. pls don't blame me ;_;. fixed
00:48:626(1)- tbh, i would curve it less because the flow would feel more natural when you will aim this slider imo.
about the suggested jumps, they're just suggestion so you can feel free to ignore them. i just noticed some intensity in the music, even if the bpm is low and that's why i started to suggest some tiny jumps to create build-up effect to give emphasis to the instensity parts of the music. fixed

it's a great mapset imo and it have potential to get ranked. have a star from me because i rly like the song tho.
good luck!
Thanks
Noffy
Mod from the Christmas Queue!

Hohohopefully helpful

[General]
Nice SB! :)
Why is the beatsnap divisor set to 1/16 that's kinda spooky to open up to ;x;

[cold]
00:10:725 (1) - While I understand this spinner is to start the map at this point and avoid the odd timing, it doesn't really fit too well. Perhaps have a circle at 00:13:951 - instead, where the drums start.
00:24:202 (2,3,4) - consider having it like this instead http://puu.sh/strwm/78b0c0dd67.jpg? as this could overall flow better by having (3,4) lead into the upward motion of 00:26:570 (1) - .
00:32:097 (4,1) - Maybe rotate these 15 degrees and move up like so http://puu.sh/strYO/7bc1334787.jpg (I moved it on the timeline a bit so it'd all show at once :q ). This is so 00:32:886 (1,2,3) - can look nicer ^^
00:51:783 (1) - Why not make this a simple wave like ^ ? the way this moves in the middle can be potentially confusing, and I don't hear any difference between this and ^ to warrant the different shape.
01:08:362 (2,3) - Think about starting the slider where 2 is instead and ending at the same place, since the distorted sound it goes to seems to fade in starting from where 2 is.

[freezing]
00:27:952 (3,1) - Consider not stacking these, since the sound at 1 is just as strong as at 3, and it can be misread as the time difference between 2>3 and 3>1 being different when they're not.
00:46:258 (2,3,1) - ^
00:39:202 (1) - This slider looks like the wave is more intense on the right side than the left. Is that intentional? If not, I suggest making it more even.
00:40:386 (2,3) - Consider making this more like 00:34:070 (2,3,4) - because mapping a strong beat with 2's sliderend is a bit odd when it was mapped as a circle previously.

Overall a really nice map in my opinion! Best of luck!
Topic Starter
Signum

Noffy wrote:

Mod from the Christmas Queue!

Hohohopefully helpful

[General]
Nice SB! :)
Why is the beatsnap divisor set to 1/16 that's kinda spooky to open up to ;x;

[cold]
00:10:725 (1) - While I understand this spinner is to start the map at this point and avoid the odd timing, it doesn't really fit too well. Perhaps have a circle at 00:13:951 - instead, where the drums start. i see your point but i'd like to have a spinner in every single difficulty.
00:24:202 (2,3,4) - consider having it like this instead http://puu.sh/strwm/78b0c0dd67.jpg? as this could overall flow better by having (3,4) lead into the upward motion of 00:26:570 (1) - . fixed
00:32:097 (4,1) - Maybe rotate these 15 degrees and move up like so http://puu.sh/strYO/7bc1334787.jpg (I moved it on the timeline a bit so it'd all show at once :q ). This is so 00:32:886 (1,2,3) - can look nicer ^^ fixed
00:51:783 (1) - Why not make this a simple wave like ^ ? the way this moves in the middle can be potentially confusing, and I don't hear any difference between this and ^ to warrant the different shape. fixed
01:08:362 (2,3) - Think about starting the slider where 2 is instead and ending at the same place, since the distorted sound it goes to seems to fade in starting from where 2 is. fixed

[freezing]
00:27:952 (3,1) - Consider not stacking these, since the sound at 1 is just as strong as at 3, and it can be misread as the time difference between 2>3 and 3>1 being different when they're not.
00:46:258 (2,3,1) - ^ i see your point but i keep it like this, sorry
00:39:202 (1) - This slider looks like the wave is more intense on the right side than the left. Is that intentional? If not, I suggest making it more even.fixed
00:40:386 (2,3) - Consider making this more like 00:34:070 (2,3,4) - because mapping a strong beat with 2's sliderend is a bit odd when it was mapped as a circle previously. no, sorry

Overall a really nice map in my opinion! Best of luck!
Thank you
Sieg
;_;
Topic Starter
Signum

Sieg wrote:

;_;
;w;
UndeadCapulet

general

your dark blue combo colour is, well, really dark. it really blends in with your mostly dark-blue background and you should definitely change it if you want to avoid dq

---

freezing

you should be a bit more careful with how you change spacing, you have a lot of inconsistencies and stuff that might be too hard to read for lower level players. for example:
  1. 00:22:623 (3,1,2) - the spacing between these objects is all visually the same but the beat gaps are different
  2. 00:30:518 (2,3) - and 00:31:702 (4,5) - are visually the same but one is 1/2 gap and the other is 1/4 gap
  3. you use a jump at 00:37:820 (5,6) - but don't at 00:25:189 (4,5) -
there's nothing wrong with spacing changes, but if you don't put a lot of thought into making them consistent to emphasize certain beats, the whole map can be confusing, especially when your target audience is mostly lower-skilled players

---

cold

this counts as a normal diff in your spread, so you can put objects at 00:13:951 - . the bpm is low enough for this to meet the needed qualifications of spinner recovery

01:08:362 (2,3) - every stack up until this point was a 1/1 stack, adding a 1/2 stack at the very end of the map like this will be confusing for newer players (and in some ways in an unrankable pattern)

---
always nice to see slower songs being pushed forward, gl~
riffy
insert the christmas bandwagon banner here

[General]
  1. Consider adding some adjective actually indicating the difficulty. Like light cold / hard frost or something of that kind. This woul give a far better idea of what the spread is.
  2. Add зимние ночи to the tags.
    [*[Combo 1 colour fades with the background. Brighten it up?
  3. Starting difficulties at different points doesn't seem to be making much sense, provided that you are the creator of both of them and the song itself is extremely short.
[cold]
  1. Since this is the easiest difficulty you might want to turn down AR. It does not quite match with the slow tempo and SV.
  2. 00:44:678 (2) - pointing the slider higher would create a smoother 2-3 transition. triangles rule the world

Chill.
[freezing]
  1. 00:25:189 (4,5) - could be spaced in a way so that they don't overlap. Since it's a slider to slider jump it won't feel difficult at all. And there are a fe wmore similar patterns.
  2. 00:36:241 (2,3) - I bleieve that 3/4 gaps should be visible. So that players can read them without relying on approach circle only.
    Note: 00:40:386 (2,3) - same, I'd guess. And there are a fe wmore similar patterns.

Cool.
Chill and cool. Freezing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Topic Starter
Signum

UndeadCapulet wrote:

general

your dark blue combo colour is, well, really dark. it really blends in with your mostly dark-blue background and you should definitely change it if you want to avoid dq fixed

---

freezing

you should be a bit more careful with how you change spacing, you have a lot of inconsistencies and stuff that might be too hard to read for lower level players. for example:
  1. 00:22:623 (3,1,2) - the spacing between these objects is all visually the same but the beat gaps are different keeping this
  2. 00:30:518 (2,3) - and 00:31:702 (4,5) - are visually the same but one is 1/2 gap and the other is 1/4 gap
  3. you use a jump at 00:37:820 (5,6) - but don't at 00:25:189 (4,5) - polished a bit
there's nothing wrong with spacing changes, but if you don't put a lot of thought into making them consistent to emphasize certain beats, the whole map can be confusing, especially when your target audience is mostly lower-skilled players

---

cold

this counts as a normal diff in your spread, so you can put objects at 00:13:951 - . the bpm is low enough for this to meet the needed qualifications of spinner recovery added a slider

01:08:362 (2,3) - every stack up until this point was a 1/1 stack, adding a 1/2 stack at the very end of the map like this will be confusing for newer players (and in some ways in an unrankable pattern) fixed

---
always nice to see slower songs being pushed forward, gl~

Bakari wrote:

insert the christmas bandwagon banner here

[General]
  1. Consider adding some adjective actually indicating the difficulty. Like light cold / hard frost or something of that kind. This woul give a far better idea of what the spread is. i changed the freezing diff name only.
  2. Add зимние ночи to the tags. added
    [*[Combo 1 colour fades with the background. Brighten it up? fixed
  3. Starting difficulties at different points doesn't seem to be making much sense, provided that you are the creator of both of them and the song itself is extremely short. it's hard to map the beginning at the normal difficulty. so i keep it like this
[cold]
  1. Since this is the easiest difficulty you might want to turn down AR. It does not quite match with the slow tempo and SV. ok fixed
  2. 00:44:678 (2) - pointing the slider higher would create a smoother 2-3 transition. triangles rule the world they do. fixed

Chill.
[freezing]
  1. 00:25:189 (4,5) - could be spaced in a way so that they don't overlap. Since it's a slider to slider jump it won't feel difficult at all. And there are a fe wmore similar patterns. fixed
  2. 00:36:241 (2,3) - I bleieve that 3/4 gaps should be visible. So that players can read them without relying on approach circle only.
    Note: 00:40:386 (2,3) - same, I'd guess. And there are a fe wmore similar patterns. keeping this

Cool.
Chill and cool. Freezing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!

Thanks ^^
Myxo
Did a little irc mod. We silenced a slider tick and changed one pattern. Also, metadata got changed.

To next BN / metadata QAT ;) : Since the artist doesn't have an own website and they don't have this song on their soundcloud, we found https://vk.com/wall-47001832_1230 to be the most official source. That's why we put the romanized title as only title and the one with russian letters into tags.

Bubbled! :3
Lasse
checked the diffs and they look fine to me, going to qualify after the 24 hour thing
Lasse
Lonesome Dreams_old
Congratulations
Sieg
поздравляю (:
Kyouren
Gratzz and sorry if i can't mod your map D:
show more