forum

Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pishifat
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 1:41:26 AM

Artist: Porter Robinson & Madeon
Title: Shelter
Source: Shelter
BPM: 100
Filesize: 25549kb
Play Time: 04:42
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (2.94 stars, 387 notes)
  2. Insane (4.36 stars, 632 notes)
  3. Normal (1.77 stars, 265 notes)
Download: Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter
Download: Porter Robinson & Madeon - Shelter (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
i made a video about this map!!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4v1QVJozGs
Bonsai

pishifat wrote:

so many shelter maps
 [...]
 ew
jk this is very nice

I don't really know what your SB-events do, but since not enabling / downloading the video makes everything go black I feel like you could make use of this feature request, idk tho lol please bump it anyway
direday
Mod just for the sake of sharing my subjective view.

SPOILER
General:
Great map overall and fun to play. I do agree that low SV fits song much better. However it feels like you've tried a bit too hard to make this map nothing like those "stupid pp meta maps" and I'm pretty sure that it would've reflect the song better if you'd make some jumps with sharp angles where it fits the song (after the drump triplets namely).

Also not sure, but I'd turn up the volume across the board a bit.

00:50:392 (3,3,3) - I feel like these could use a bit more SV. Maybe 0.67 like the next reverse sliders.
00:58:642 (1,2,3) - Those are hella unreadable. You start all the reverse sliders on white tick and then there are suddenly 2 circles with irregural timing. Imo you should either have all 4 sets of 3 sounds mapped identicaly, or at least change first 3 reverse sliders into slider + circle to let player taste the timing needed for hiting irregulary placed notes.
00:56:842 (1) - love this part.
01:06:442 (1) - Yeah the music pretty much stops and it should be reflected in map. How about changing 01:06:442 (1,2,3) into reverse sliders with low SV (0.5x). If you also change 00:56:842 (1) into slider+circle you'll have a nice difference in feel.
01:46:642 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Is there a reason for those to be mapped so differently from 01:37:042 (1,2,3,4,5) - ? Music is exactly the same there. First one uses comfortable sharp angle after the triplet and imo fits music much better with bigger jump. Also triplets are spaced differently.
02:42:442 (1) - I think you are doing simple sliders here to make map more diverse but I still think that you need to place 3 sounds for those, even if you already have a lot of reverse sliders in the map.
03:04:042 (1) - Did you do those just do deviate from monstrata's set maps? Imo those are too boring to not to map the vocals there and change back to drums/lead when it kicks in.
03:37:342 (8) - This one should be rotated CCW a bit. (Sry for being a nazi)
03:40:042 (1) - Not mapping those sounds is a crime against humanity. Srsly I get that music stops again but c'mon. Make it at least a reverse slider or smth.
03:41:842 (1,2,3,4) - Just a suggestion: may be smth like this?

Since you already have used a lot of wave like shapes with sliders I think that would be more pleasant to play.
04:01:042 (3,4,5,6,7) - I feel like you are too inconsistent with those. Why not make every one of those like the very first one? For me the way music seems to slow down on triplet and then bursting on after the singletaps screams the need of jumps with a sharp angle after the triplet.
04:18:442 (1) - Ye again. I'd make those into reverse sliders for 3 sounds. Cool combo tho.
04:30:442 (1) - I love how you made those. Wonder why there is nothing like it in the other mapset since it fits the music perfectly.

Sorry for my broken Engreesh in advance.
ac8129464363

direday wrote:

However it feels like you've tried a bit too hard to make this map nothing like those "stupid pp meta maps" and I'm pretty sure that it would've reflect the song better if you'd make some jumps with sharp angles where it fits the song (after the drump triplets namely).
Nathan

deetz wrote:

direday wrote:

However it feels like you've tried a bit too hard to make this map nothing like those "stupid pp meta maps" and I'm pretty sure that it would've reflect the song better if you'd make some jumps with sharp angles where it fits the song (after the drump triplets namely).
Rumia-

deetz wrote:

direday wrote:

direday
I actually enjoy occasional jump or two when it fits the song. F#ck me, right?
But then again that's just the way I'd do it and I'm just a scrub.
Zonthem
Love this map, it's so relax to play^^

I totally agree with you, it needs low SV
Spaghetti
cool mappu
Ascaveth

Nherantelon wrote:

Love this map, it's so relax to play^^

I totally agree with you, it needs low SV
Myxo
I really like this map :) The song totally calls for low SV.

direday wrote:

I actually enjoy occasional jump or two when it fits the song. F#ck me, right?
But then again that's just the way I'd do it and I'm just a scrub.
This map actually has a lot of jumps though? It just doesn't have them between every object, what's the problem lol.
hehe
Myxo
Random mod :)

[General]

The minimal hitsounding is charming and fits the maps nicely, just like the low overall hitsound volume. Sometimes it seems a bit too low though which makes some sections' hitsounding almost inaudible to me. Specifically:
00:59:242 - to 01:06:442 -
03:23:242 - to 03:40:042 -
Looking back at it, I find the different hitnormal less audible than the regular soft hitnormal in general, so it might just be me. Maybe ask for some more opinions on this topic, as it can also be related to the headphones used.

[Normal]

00:55:192 (2) - Move the tail anchor down just a little bit? The sliders aren't perfectly parallel and it's kind of noticable because they are placed in line.
01:27:442 (1) - Use a different combo color for this object (aka NC it)? From your color haxing it should belong to a non-yellow combo, however if the intention is to avoid very short combos it's fine as well.
01:32:842 (1) - Offscreen.

[Hard]

01:40:042 (1,2) - Could be lined up a bit better.
04:35:242 (1) - I had problems reading this because the head and tail are so heavily overlapping. It looks a bit clustered so imo it would be better to have them only slightly overlap, somehow like this: http://puu.sh/sxlCf/75409810d4.jpg Rearranging the pattern a bit would be required but I think it's worth it.

[Insane]

Hmm, I wonder why you don't use yellow combo color for those combos 01:37:042 (1,2,3,4,5) - 01:46:642 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - etc. like in Hard.

00:49:642 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,1,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Personally I don't enjoy the copy-paste here very much. I love the repetetiveness for those sections 00:59:242 - (they are probably my favourite sections of the map) but for the beginning it feels like the placement is unbalanced (all objects are in the top left corner) and there doesn't really seem to be a reason for it from the music. Maybe you could rearrange this part so that the objects are placed more across the playfield, since the spacings for large gaps in rhythm like 00:50:392 (3,1) - don't matter anyway.
01:08:242 (4) - NC it and use yellow color? Otherwise it seems inconsistent with 03:41:842 (1,2,3,4) - , unrelated from what I mentioned above.

Great mapset, I love how the lower diffs turned out! Feel free to call me back once you have the star priority.
Sotarks
arigatou.
Topic Starter
pishifat

direday wrote:

Mod just for the sake of sharing my subjective view.

SPOILER
General:
Great map overall and fun to play. I do agree that low SV fits song much better. However it feels like you've tried a bit too hard to make this map nothing like those "stupid pp meta maps" and I'm pretty sure that it would've reflect the song better if you'd make some jumps with sharp angles where it fits the song (after the drump triplets namely). i dont really think big consecutive jumps fit in many places, so i see how it looks like that lolz

Also not sure, but I'd turn up the volume across the board a bit. yea raised

00:50:392 (3,3,3) - I feel like these could use a bit more SV. Maybe 0.67 like the next reverse sliders. want all these to be the same length visually as those revesre slidesrs
00:58:642 (1,2,3) - Those are hella unreadable. You start all the reverse sliders on white tick and then there are suddenly 2 circles with irregural timing. Imo you should either have all 4 sets of 3 sounds mapped identicaly, or at least change first 3 reverse sliders into slider + circle to let player taste the timing needed for hiting irregulary placed notes. i think the reverses indicate what rhythm will be clearly enough. they're like what you said with "taste the timing" of irregular notes
00:56:842 (1) - love this part. sik
01:06:442 (1) - Yeah the music pretty much stops and it should be reflected in map. How about changing 01:06:442 (1,2,3) into reverse sliders with low SV (0.5x). If you also change 00:56:842 (1) into slider+circle you'll have a nice difference in feel. i think no movement fits better than movement along sliders g
01:46:642 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Is there a reason for those to be mapped so differently from 01:37:042 (1,2,3,4,5) - ? Music is exactly the same there. First one uses comfortable sharp angle after the triplet and imo fits music much better with bigger jump. Also triplets are spaced differently. changed spacing for juimps and triples
02:42:442 (1) - I think you are doing simple sliders here to make map more diverse but I still think that you need to place 3 sounds for those, even if you already have a lot of reverse sliders in the map. rhythm here actually isnt supported by reverse sliders. like monstrata's set does thes ame thing lol
03:04:042 (1) - Did you do those just do deviate from monstrata's set maps? Imo those are too boring to not to map the vocals there and change back to drums/lead when it kicks in. the song is super calm here so i wanted rhythms and placements to be as simple as possible
03:37:342 (8) - This one should be rotated CCW a bit. (Sry for being a nazi) i just copy pasted stuff idk what u mean
03:40:042 (1) - Not mapping those sounds is a crime against humanity. Srsly I get that music stops again but c'mon. Make it at least a reverse slider or smth. don't want rhythms ot be that dense a
03:41:842 (1,2,3,4) - Just a suggestion: may be smth like this? wanting it to be symmetrical like the previous slider

Since you already have used a lot of wave like shapes with sliders I think that would be more pleasant to play.
04:01:042 (3,4,5,6,7) - I feel like you are too inconsistent with those. Why not make every one of those like the very first one? For me the way music seems to slow down on triplet and then bursting on after the singletaps screams the need of jumps with a sharp angle after the triplet. it's the same as the previous kiai so idk whats inconsnistentnnestns
04:18:442 (1) - Ye again. I'd make those into reverse sliders for 3 sounds. Cool combo tho. trying to make these stand out above the other 3/8 rhythm reverse thignsx
04:30:442 (1) - I love how you made those. Wonder why there is nothing like it in the other mapset since it fits the music perfectly. yeeeeeeeeeeea

Sorry for my broken Engreesh in advance. thanks!

Desperate-kun wrote:

Random mod :)

[General]

The minimal hitsounding is charming and fits the maps nicely, just like the low overall hitsound volume. Sometimes it seems a bit too low though which makes some sections' hitsounding almost inaudible to me. Specifically:
00:59:242 - to 01:06:442 -
03:23:242 - to 03:40:042 - raised thsee
Looking back at it, I find the different hitnormal less audible than the regular soft hitnormal in general, so it might just be me. Maybe ask for some more opinions on this topic, as it can also be related to the headphones used.

[Normal]

00:55:192 (2) - Move the tail anchor down just a little bit? The sliders aren't perfectly parallel and it's kind of noticable because they are placed in line.
01:27:442 (1) - Use a different combo color for this object (aka NC it)? From your color haxing it should belong to a non-yellow combo, however if the intention is to avoid very short combos it's fine as well.
01:32:842 (1) - Offscreen.i did everything

[Hard]

01:40:042 (1,2) - Could be lined up a bit better.
04:35:242 (1) - I had problems reading this because the head and tail are so heavily overlapping. It looks a bit clustered so imo it would be better to have them only slightly overlap, somehow like this: http://puu.sh/sxlCf/75409810d4.jpg Rearranging the pattern a bit would be required but I think it's worth it. same

[Insane]

Hmm, I wonder why you don't use yellow combo color for those combos 01:37:042 (1,2,3,4,5) - 01:46:642 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - etc. like in Hard. actually wanted 02:05:842 (1) - this thing to be orange and separate from the previous combo. making the other things orange would mean 2 orange colors in a row and cant do that so ya

00:49:642 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2,3,1,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Personally I don't enjoy the copy-paste here very much. I love the repetetiveness for those sections 00:59:242 - (they are probably my favourite sections of the map) but for the beginning it feels like the placement is unbalanced (all objects are in the top left corner) and there doesn't really seem to be a reason for it from the music. Maybe you could rearrange this part so that the objects are placed more across the playfield, since the spacings for large gaps in rhythm like 00:50:392 (3,1) - don't matter anyway. i wanted 00:56:842 (1,2,3) - these to be the same as 00:50:392 (3) - 00:52:792 (3) - 00:55:192 (3) - so cant really make things cross screen without big jumps at the end, and they're near the left because 00:59:242 (1) - starts at the left and i didnt want high spacing there either g
01:08:242 (4) - NC it and use yellow color? Otherwise it seems inconsistent with 03:41:842 (1,2,3,4) - , unrelated from what I mentioned above. dud ut

Great mapset, I love how the lower diffs turned out! Feel free to call me back once you have the star priority. thankx
rawrneru
Available for GDs? You're my last hope, pusheenphat.
Topic Starter
pishifat
nop
AzureDoctor
NM from my queue

[General]
I really like the low SV. I agree with you about the fact that it fits the song much better than the higher SV ones.

[Normal]
01:27:442 (1) - I don't think it makes sense to make a NC right here.
03:41:842 (1,1) - TBH these would look better if they were blanketed.
04:21:442 (2) - ctrl + H would make this look nicer.
04:30:442 (1) - Move the slider end up a little bit, as it`s not parallel with 04:29:392 (4) - as it is.

[Hard]
04:29:842 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - The combos here are inconsistent with the other difficulties.
04:35:242 (1) - The orange combo colour is inconsistent with the other diffs.

[Insane]
Nothing to say here.

I hope my mod helps. GL! :)
- Reign -
Literally do circles and then switch to counter/clockwise on the next downbeat in the main "drop" Great map but. Kinda boring imo. But after making this map you're hypocrtical on you saying "this map has circular motion the whole way through" and you said its a bad thing, yet you implanted it into your map :Thinking: top map though
pkhg
[Insane]
  1. 02:07:642 (6) - i dont get why u used a 1/2 slider when every other simillar parts are mapped on 1/4
[Hard]
  1. 01:06:142 (5) - downbeat being clickable feels better like the other diffs
  2. 01:17:992 (6,1) - why is this stacked. u didnt used stacks on similar parts 02:34:792 (6,1) - 03:51:592 (6,1) -
+1sp
show more