4002 posts jump | prev  1 ... 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260 ... 267  next
Combo Commander
381 posts
the thing is i've seen content that showed someone modifying the osu!ui.dll to alter the appearance of the main menue. it was done to get the bg for free without having to buy supporter. now i am a supporter and this guy told me i can skin this if i am a supporter. but i havn't heard of this. is it true or does he just not know what he's talking about :?

(the image doesn't seem to load for me here so here's a link if it doesn't work for you too: http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170109/jka34wa6.png)
Rhythm Incarnate
570 posts
That kind of editing is not allowed. What is so hard to understand about it?

You modify game internal files you are not supposed to access which is breaking community rules and licences.
Slider Savant
114 posts
n1nj4 wrote:

Is it possible to have a separate hitsound "pack" for osu-mania? (like taiko has)

thanks for the help guys :D

I tried to pull it off and it's not possible u.u

I wish they added this on osu!lazer.... (the hitsound library i'm currently using is awesome for std.. but I hate it on o!mania)..

yeah I quoted myself...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rhythm Incarnate
1,585 posts
I wanted to skin the osu!catch mode and I'm confused now. Where are the HD elements of osu!catch in the template? Or are the elements already in HD? They all are in 128x128 and their names looks like SD. So I maybe should use 256x256 for HD elements, right?
Just wondered about that there are no HD elements in the template.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,618 posts
Yeah it's just 256x256. The HD elements aren't included in the template fsr.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,585 posts
Cawub wrote:

They are actually, only not for the osu!catch mode:

Thank you!
Rhythm Incarnate
1,618 posts
Lyawi wrote:
Cawub wrote:

They are actually, only not for the osu!catch mode:

Thank you!

Haha I meant the ones for osu!Catch my bad should have clarified XD
Rhythm Rookie
3 posts
Dragvon wrote:
Awesome.
Add also "How to use .osk" :idea: oki
In short, rename a .zip skin into .osk osu! can deal with the rest
So. I just have an alpha bot. And I need tips on what it can say. Please help me. [centre]Please do it because The only help here is you guys.[/centre]
Combo Commander
323 posts
Question: Given that copying elements from other skins is a no no, does copying the hitsound in skins also count?

ImageImageImage
Beat Clicker
62 posts
_StormEx_ wrote:
Question: Given that copying elements from other skins is a no no, does copying the hitsound in skins also count?

Not really. Pretty much everyone lost track of when and where most popular hitsounds have appeared, so this is a shortcut you can and should take unless you are very confident in your sound editing skills (familiar old hitsounds > bad original hitsounds).

A good rule of thumb would be :
If they are associated with a newly released skin and you're just dumping them off this skin in particular, ask for permission to the author first and mention it in the credits.
(You will likely receive an answer along the lines of "Go for it I got them from x skin anyway lololo")
If they are hitsounds that you can find in dozens of skins released over multiple years, and there is absolutely no way for you to accurately track their origin, pillage away. They're pretty much public domain at this point.
EXP-00 - Dark minimalist skin • Give it a try today o/
EXP-82 - DTHD oriented skin • Give it a try someday ~o~
Tempo Trainee
9 posts
Who has a PSD file for Photoshop? Where can I view all sizes for each item separately?
Rhythm Incarnate
1,618 posts
There are no PSD files, just drag the images from the default skin into photoshop it won't change the size or anything.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,585 posts

Does anyone know here how to remove the light behind the ranking letter? Tested out a bit, it's not the lighting file.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,881 posts
Lyawi wrote:

Does anyone know here how to remove the light behind the ranking letter? Tested out a bit, it's not the lighting file.

You can't
But you can hide it by using a full screen ranking panel
ImageImage
Rhythm Incarnate
1,585 posts
OsuMe65 wrote:
You can't
But you can hide it by using a full screen ranking panel

I see, thanks!
Reply 4002 posts jump | prev  1 ... 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260 ... 267  next