posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZhZi
Problem Details:my osu! cant save the password even i click the "save password"

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: b20160821.1
-[Shady]-
Just write it down in a notepad or something if you're worried about forgetting it (if necessary)
Pawsu
Try changing release streams like Cutting Edge or Stable. Does it still occur? You can do this in Options.
Just curious, do all your settings reset as well?

-[Shady]- wrote:

Just write it down in a notepad or something if you're worried about forgetting it
That's not a solution.
Topic Starter
ZhZi

Pawsu wrote:

Try changing release streams like Cutting Edge or Stable. Does it still occur? You can do this in Options.
Just curious, do all your settings reset as well?

-[Shady]- wrote:

Just write it down in a notepad or something if you're worried about forgetting it
That's not a solution.
Maybe that's usable,but I want to use the osu!Tourney,if I can't save the password,the osu!tourney will not open
Version tried:stable(latest):not work,stable(fallback):work,beta:not work,cutting edge:not work
VeilStar
Strange. This doesn't seem to be the issue, but make sure the osu!.winusername.cfg file is not set to read-only. Also try moving it out of the osu! folder so that osu! can create a new config file and see if that helps. (Though it probably won't.) It makes no sense to me how the fallback client is able to save your password while the newer releases aren't. Have you checked if a different password allows your client to save it? Just throwing ideas at you as I can't make sense out of this either.
Topic Starter
ZhZi

VeilStar wrote:

Strange. This doesn't seem to be the issue, but make sure the osu!.winusername.cfg file is not set to read-only. Also try moving it out of the osu! folder so that osu! can create a new config file and see if that helps. (Though it probably won't.) It makes no sense to me how the fallback client is able to save your password while the newer releases aren't. Have you checked if a different password allows your client to save it? Just throwing ideas at you as I can't make sense out of this either.
tried,thats not work
Shurelia
Try to run osu! as administrator .
Topic Starter
ZhZi

Shurelia wrote:

Try to run osu! as administrator .
i dont know why,i just change version to Stable(latest) and try again,and It saved!!! thx :D
Pawsu
That's weird... I'm glad this is solved though o.o
Chiaki Hugger
well yes i do have a reason to post here because im having the same issue but the way it solved it didn't work for me, i tried re installing the game, restarting my laptop, changed config setting for password and it still doesn't save my password
Death
Please create a new thread instead. But before you do that, try what's suggested in this thread, because although most of it isn't what ultimately fixed the issue for this particular person, they are all still valid things to try.