forum

[added] Save SB-commands for video / treat video as regular object

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +63
Topic Starter
Bonsai
I have recently discovered that the video-file in a beatmap is actually able to be storyboarded (for example like this) and that those commands work 100% fine after saving the .osu in notepad, but as soon as the beatmap is submitted or exported or probably anything else triggers the beatmap itself to save, all lines regarding the video will be deleted. So far, nobody was able to tell me a reason for that - Is it possible to enable these sort of commands?

This is currently a huge problem for me, as I am mapping a song which is 4:00 long, and the artist released an official music-video which uses a cut version of the song, lasting only 2:30. I want to map the full song, but I also want to include the music-video for the parts where it exists. Originally, I tried doing that by adding filler-sections to the video for those sections that are not filmed, and then using the code I shared above, triggering the video to disappear at the unfilmed sections.

Alternatively, I have now avoided that issue by triggering the BG to appear on top of the video in those sections. While this theoretically works perfectly fine (see the highest diff of this set at 01:15:202 and 02:42:429 -), it now causes the issue that half of the map will be black for people who disabled or haven't downloaded the video but still have the SB enabled. This could only be fixed by treating the video as a normal SB-object in order to place objects behind the video -> Should I bump that thread instead? Most posts there are talking about something slightly different though..
arviejhay
this is nice, that way i can manipulate the video xD
VINXIS
>:(