Other? Post your thoughts
5.00%
I haven't watched Re:Zero
30.00%
Total votes: 20
Topic Starter
NoodleSoupLover

The most traumatizing anime in 2016?

So finally Re:Zero reached an end. I wasn't sure how they could end such an anime. Surely a happy end wouldn't work for it?

Well turns out I was wrong Re:Zero the heartbreaking psychological anime it is gave us a happy ending. I was expecting a more serious end that messed with peoples heads. A end where the main character gets totally wreaked for eternity. I don't mind happy endings but I don't think it suits this dark anime.

It was going to be one of my favorite animes of all time if it ended correctly. What are your thoughts about this Osu community:
-[Shady]-
I was expecting some kind of big reveal around Emilia and Satella being related or something but oh well
Navizel
Re:Zero is not as dark as you think. I heard the anime ending is different from the source but I couldn't care less. Subaru is a contender for worst character of the year. Time leap/travel in this anime didn't really work as it did in more successful anime such as Steins;Gate and Madoka Magica. Subaru can just kill himself every time there's fatal mistake and that invalidates everything from the past episode. That coupled with his egotistical, prideful character and really shitty decisions (fuck Emilia tbh, not like Rem is any better but still), it's really hard for me to like him and the show. How did he manage to be devoid of character development anyway? What happened with the candidates thing anyway? A lot of things weren't explained and I wish they did although no more rezero please.

it's 1/10
-[Shady]-
The one big thing that disappointed me about Re:Zero is how they just tossed characters aside, like what the fuck happened to Elsa the Bowel Hunter? Then the rest of the candidates for the selection just vanished once the White Whale episodes started. Rem just vanished after the White Whale. EDIT: Same goes for Roswall and Beatrice
Navizel

-[Shady]- wrote:

The one big thing that disappointed me about Re:Zero is how they just tossed characters aside, like what the fuck happened to Elsa the Bowel Hunter? Then the rest of the candidates for the selection just vanished once the White Whale episodes started. Rem just vanished after the White Whale. EDIT: Same goes for Roswall and Beatrice
Ah yes, this one too. The series make you feel the characters are important in the story but actually they're not. Felt reappeared later in the series but woops, she's not important after all kek. Elsa surviving (iirc) made me think she's going to be important later but no. no. no. The series also seemed to move from one arc to another without any sort of bridge that connect each other.
Topic Starter
NoodleSoupLover

Navizel wrote:

-[Shady]- wrote:

Ah yes, this one too. The series make you feel the characters are important in the story but actually they're not. Felt reappeared later in the series but woops, she's not important after all kek. Elsa surviving (iirc) made me think she's going to be important later but no. no. no. The series also seemed to move from one arc to another without any sort of bridge that connect each other.
I agree. This anime had a lot of faults with the story and character development. Too many unanswered questions. At least the light novel has more depth and is still continuing.
If you want more information Navizer you can go to:
http://rezero.wikia.com/wiki/Re:Zero_Wiki - This has a lot of useful information.
Nameless
they made Felt irrelevant
am sad
Navizel
Felt>everyone tbh

maybe felix :^)
Stefan

Navizel wrote:

it's 1/10
More like Re:0/10 XDXDXD

i'm sorry.
blissfulyoshi

Stefan wrote:

Navizel wrote:

it's 1/10

i'm sorry.
But we tried so hard changing that 0 to 1.
ZERO to ONE… STEP!
ZERO to ONE, Steppin' my heart!
It's our Mirai Ticket

It was hilarious had multiple shows last season had the theme about repeatedly hitting 0
Shurelia
Was great.

Quite satisfying for me.
Navizel

Stefan wrote:

Navizel wrote:

it's 1/10

i'm sorry.
...I was actually tempted to make it 0/10.
Luqanted
tbh i was kinda disappointed.

they didnt even show Rem in the final ep :( :(
YotSugoiDX
Probably the worst anime i have seen, the main character is trash, no plot, re:zero character development
Geddit?
Green Platinum

YotSugoiDX wrote:

the main character is trash, no plot, re:zero character development
Like Aria?

Must be a masterpiece then
Jun Maeda
Subaru prefer emilia-tan..... plz kill me