forum

Skhin v2(Update) [STD/CTB/Mania4k-9k] [HD/SD] (taiko!WIP)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sparhten
Skhin:

The original inspiration behind Skhin was a clean and easy to read game play with a nice theme and colour pallet, and as i progressed down this line of thought i realised it didn't need to be a over complicated and over bearing skin with full on graphic design level for each element instead, i wanted something simple, warm, and inviting of which i think i achieved

Before You go any farther i would like you to at least read this small list of people who i cant thank enough,

Californian He created the Glow concept and designed them for ctb inspiring me to make them for standard along with testing every step of the way, you rock dude

Redon this guys skinning is amazing and he allowed me to use his hit sounds, so thank you 100x times over dude!

Nightlys Tested and always gave amazing feedback

Ghamur tested the entire way through

NeonLights Tested and always had something nice to say ^-^

Squirrelpascals dude's a legend who originally timed maps for me, and tested out the skin

HaloMaster96 Tested

Rafirdo Tested

aiand23 Tested

epicfaceishere Tested

Ran Ran Ru Helped with early design and testing appreciate it a bunch ^-^

Customisation
So due to the skin being more simplistic, i had time to make customisation, and the such so inside the skin there are options for all sorts of changes such as: Glow, Flat, and ring.

[centre][box=Osu!Standard]

ChangeLog
-removed color change's
-skinned mania
-skinned taiko
-mod buttons updated
-scorescreen updated
-multiple fixes

How to
To customise Skhin with different colour or gameplay variations:
-go to setting's While on Osu! and got to the skin tab (its a paint brush) and click the open skin folder,
-once there enter the folders labelled 'Gameplay', 'Menu' or 'Red'
-Copy and Paste the elements you want into the main folder, Do Not drag and drop them otherwise if you want to change the colour, or element back you wont have a backup for the elements you delete over time!!!

Lastly i want to say thank you, to you the player who read or even skimmed this post, whether you hate the skin, love it, or couldn't care less cause you're a mod just making sure this fits in the guidelines (i hope it does) thank you for everything it means the world to me, and if you need help of any kind feel free to ask ill usually be around to help!

-Sparhten
xi9w
what about mania and taiko game modes?
xi9w
still waiting for mania and taiko skin modes
Topic Starter
Sparhten
inb4 mainia and taiko nuke T-T
FINGERLOCK
you're fired
Topic Starter
Sparhten

FINGERLOCK wrote:

you're fired
huh, guess its time to pack up my trash then T-T
Prophecy

xi9w wrote:

nice idea but it's hard to create the taiko element correctly like the inner-drum etc...
furikuri

Prophecy wrote:

xi9w wrote:

nice idea but it's hard to create the taiko element correctly like the inner-drum etc...

'tis a meme friend.

waiting for nat to actually comment
iiko
Ayy, this is Saku from the discord server! I voted your skin as my favorite, love it!
Topic Starter
Sparhten

Kasane Teto wrote:

Ayy, this is Saku from the discord server! I voted your skin as my favorite, love it!
Wow! thanks! im glad you enjored the skin ^-^ :D
Caaarrrlll-Sama
I am liking the skin a lot :D good job :D
Topic Starter
Sparhten

Caaarrrlll-Sama wrote:

I am liking the skin a lot :D good job :D
thank you that means alot ^-^
Choke Master
This skin is cool ! Keep going :)
Ayya Novak
one of the best skins I've ever used, I can't quite point out what's so special about it, but it feels really nice and smooth. catch the beat mode is skinned perfectly too. the only thing I miss is mania, but that's not too important.
10/10 overall :^)
Topic Starter
Sparhten

Choke Master wrote:

This skin is cool ! Keep going :)
thank you for the kind words ^-^ and i intend to make something a bit better in the near to mid future!
Topic Starter
Sparhten

avalanche wrote:

one of the best skins I've ever used, I can't quite point out what's so special about it, but it feels really nice and smooth. catch the beat mode is skinned perfectly too. the only thing I miss is mania, but that's not too important.
10/10 overall :^)
Thank you so much ^-^ i think a large part of it was just trial and error of making everything feel childish with a night club theme and a smooth color pallet other than that its nothing to special glad you liked it ^-^
Dromadan
I'm usually very picky with skins but this one is really nice.
May modify cat stuff, but it feels good to play with.
Nice job.

Edit:
So i just saw this is your first skin release, i'm gonna give you a fair critic.
- I'm modifying the cat stuff because some of the pictures are squashed and honestly i don't really feel like they're supposed to be there at all, the skin is clean and cute, so i understood the cat thing but i felt it was unnecesary. You're free to keep the cat thing though, just make sure the pictures aren't squashed!

-While we're at it, i see the mod selection icons a bit squashed too, you should look into that.

-Some people really dislike circle followpoints, you should add a simple straight line one, it'd look pretty cool with this skin.

-If you're ever gonna do taiko skinning for this skin, the aesthetic would be awesome for taiko gameplay, not really sure about mania though.

I don't really play CTB so i can't help much there.
But you managed to create a skin that feels awesome to play with, i really love the flat hitcircles for DT gameplay.
If you're ever gonna update this skin, keep those things in mind.
PechaPoffins
I really like the look of this skin! The only thing I'm not really a fan of is the song on the results screen. The cats, while cute, feel a bit out of place as well.
Topic Starter
Sparhten

Dromadan wrote:

I'm usually very picky with skins but this one is really nice.
May modify cat stuff, but it feels good to play with.
Nice job.

Edit:
So i just saw this is your first skin release, i'm gonna give you a fair critic.
- I'm modifying the cat stuff because some of the pictures are squashed and honestly i don't really feel like they're supposed to be there at all, the skin is clean and cute, so i understood the cat thing but i felt it was unnecesary. You're free to keep the cat thing though, just make sure the pictures aren't squashed!

-While we're at it, i see the mod selection icons a bit squashed too, you should look into that.

-Some people really dislike circle followpoints, you should add a simple straight line one, it'd look pretty cool with this skin.

-If you're ever gonna do taiko skinning for this skin, the aesthetic would be awesome for taiko gameplay, not really sure about mania though.

I don't really play CTB so i can't help much there.
But you managed to create a skin that feels awesome to play with, i really love the flat hitcircles for DT gameplay.
If you're ever gonna update this skin, keep those things in mind.
alot of these points i had while making it myself im considering updating it soon to fix these problems by redesigning the mod menu and ranking screen along with some diffrent follow points i appreciate the kind words and valid critic means alot ^-^
Topic Starter
Sparhten

PechaPoffins wrote:

I really like the look of this skin! The only thing I'm not really a fan of is the song on the results screen. The cats, while cute, feel a bit out of place as well.
yes i agree! i was entering it into a contest so some parts are a tad work needed but i appreciate the kind words ^-^
show more