forum

should i buy a taiko drum ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Drisaac
so recently i have been wondering if i should buy a taiko drum because i think that would improve my performance in taiko,my only question is: is it worth it ?

you see,when you play taiko with a keyboard the input is almost instant,but with a drum instead it takes a little longer to actually beat on the drum

my only fear is that the drum would become useless with very fast songs since you can't beat the drum as fast as pressing a button on the keyboard,so my question is

is the drum going to become useless in the long run because of the fast songs ? or is it possible to play at the same speed as you would do with a keyboard ?
Intelli
Taiko drums are purely an add on for fun, they give MASSIVE competitive disadvantages, even disregarding input lag.
anaceleste

Mario345 wrote:

so recently i have been wondering if i should buy a taiko drum because i think that would improve my performance in taiko,my only question is: is it worth it ?

you see,when you play taiko with a keyboard the input is almost instant,but with a drum instead it takes a little longer to actually beat on the drum

my only fear is that the drum would become useless with very fast songs since you can't beat the drum as fast as pressing a button on the keyboard,so my question is

is the drum going to become useless in the long run because of the fast songs ? or is it possible to play at the same speed as you would do with a keyboard ?
i mean, i wouldn't, but if you feel the need...... then knock yourself out!
tkdLolly

Mario345 wrote:

Really, the main concern is delay, and maybe stamina. The bpm you can handle depends not on the equipment but on your ability. The game is originally played on a drum, you know ;)
JEFF_Y
NEVER BUY THE OFFICIAL NAMCO DRUM, and anything cheaper than that is even worse. That said, you can google for ways to mod the official Namco drum, turning it into a great drum. (AVOID THE HORI DRUM, because it's too expensive and the modified Namco drum does better)