forum

Ratings: Who? How much?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
galvenize
I wonder if this idea has been discussed already, if so I apologize.

So wouldn't it be nice for mappers to know who rated your map and by how much? It would allow us mappers to engage in a particular conversation with the said rater and discuss about things that didn't work out well in the map (if he rated it <5)
That said, I know that over time the amount of ratings will go over a hundred, maybe a thousand so, let's the map keep track of the 10 last ratings?

Just asking :>.
Nekoroll
Seems like a good idea if everyone was nice, but that isn't the case in this community so it seems like it would be a spawning pool for a lot of flaming and hate. :< Sorry.

Alternatively, I would say an anonymous comments system for a rater to leave along with their rating would be a bit of a better idea but it probably wouldn't stop hateful comments. Perhaps comments could be traceable via IP. Or have a better rating system that could be split up into different categories like "mapping style" or "skin" etc with specific comments following.
adam2046
BAWWWWWW
Yeah, this probably wouldn't turn out so well.

Nekoroll wrote:

Alternatively, I would say an anonymous comments system for a rater to leave along with their rating would be a bit of a better idea but it probably wouldn't stop hateful comments.
I don't see what's wrong with just using the forums...
blissfulyoshi
There are times where I want to here this type of information too, but with all the flaming that will happen, I really doubt something constructive will come out of it. My suggestion is try to find friends who are willing to fairly look over your map and tell you what he or she thought. It won't allow you to figure out what everyone who rated your song was thinking, but at least it will give you a general idea of how to improve.
Ekaru
*gives map a 9*

5 seconds later...

"YOU DIDN'T GIVE MY MAP A 10? OMFG GO BURN IN HELL YOU JACKASS!"

I do support an anon comment system that is accessible on the ranking screen, but non-anon ratings is just asking for trouble.