forum

[resolved] Imagine playing Osu! in VR(Virtual Reality)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
YahWeeee
We know that VR is becoming popular in many games, why not add one in Osu!?
We will have the controller to play Osu! and VR to see the beats right in front of you. The way you will be playing Osu! is not going to be like a first person view shooting game, because the beatmaps will only stay on one side, which is at the front.
But of course you will have a full background around you or Music video? Would be NICE
We will use the controller by only moving your wrist (just like Wii), we could see the cursor with your VR (obviously).

In multiplayer, we could see the scores when we turn our head to the left as usual. And also we could see the spectator's chats on our right :)
I not know much English but I do what I can do :D

If you have any idea to add on, feel free to reply? Quote? Comment? I think :/
I don't know, do what you want
Asaiga
Would be fun on 7* maps and such :^)

Downvote because there is risk of getting nauseated xd
Bara-
Wasn't this an april's fools joke?
Myxo
No, we can't see your pictures, because they link to your private hard drive. You need to upload them somewhere.
Arzenvald
??? now i imagine playing other modes with VR..

.. run to hyperdash to catch those fruits in osu!catch?!
Catgirl
is taiko with VR just the same as playing on a tatacon?
Topic Starter
YahWeeee

Asaiga wrote:

Would be fun on 7* maps and such :^)

Downvote because there is risk of getting nauseated xd
But.... imagine the gameplay :(
Topic Starter
YahWeeee

Desperate-kun wrote:

No, we can't see your pictures, because they link to your private hard drive. You need to upload them somewhere.
Thanks, I am not that good with tech -_-
The more you know...
Stefan
God no.
Luqanted
this will kill m e
Topic Starter
YahWeeee

Stefan wrote:

God no.
God YES!
Imagine Osu Mania! with VR :)
You will have to stick the controllers on your foot and hit the beats! (Great for exercise and so on...)
Underforest

Stefan wrote:

God no.
this

just no
Cerulean Veyron
omv whyyyy I might not be happy when playing osu! 'just looking at front' over a 360° hovering device. My Samsung Gear VR won't even handle it.

It's a "pls no" for me.
uuuu
taiko or osu!mania would be interesing.but no osu plz
soler98012
there is audioShield wich is pretty similar to osu but at the vr

sorry for bad english
Axon

Stefan wrote:

God no.
JashanChittesh
We now have a first implementation of osu! support in our Virtual Reality rhythm game Holodance: Holodance V0.5.8 - osu Beatmap Gameplay. Sliders still need quite some work (depending on what kinds of sliders you have in the beatmap, they are sometimes fairly close, sometimes very off), and we will do a lot more polishing, because we need (and want) to.

But it seems people are already having some fun with it: Having a blast with Holodance OSU! Integration

In Holodance we have orbs approaching the player instead of circles, so it's definitely a different experience compared to the original game - also because you literally have to move your body (well, at least the arms ... but those you do move a lot ;-) ).

You do need a VR system with "motion controllers" (for hand-tracking). Currently, we fully support HTC Vive; Oculus Rift will be supported once people get Touch controllers, and PlayStation VR is also on our roadmap (but I'm not sure osu! Beatmaps will work on that platform, yet; but we'll do our best to make it work ;-) ). Feel free to also post feedback and ideas on our Steam Community Forum.
abraker
unsigned-ru
damn , @abraker

Thats seems pretty cool :o
Stefan
We have McOsu, there you go.
show more