forum

Automatically coloring SB sprites by combo color

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Rena-chan
Aw yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah, I can see how this could get abused to Hell and back.

Anyway, the title should say it all, really; automatically coloring SB sprites according to the combo colors.

This can be done with some coding, of course, but it'd take a bit of work off SBers to be able to just enable it.

Example: wall strobes. Wouldn't it be sexy if a wallstrobe during kiai time was always the same color as hitcircles ? I think so.

Of course, if you haven't set custom colors on a map, and someone doesn't use the default colors, it should switch over to the appropriate colors instead. :D/
Ephemeral
adding a global SB variable which reflects the active combo colours would be a great idea and would have many applications aside from just strobing

+support
Verdisphena
Yes
mm201
Stop being lazy?
Shiirn

MetalMario201 wrote:

Stop being lazy?
Translation: Make the images for your strobing for each combo color and time it in the .osu to where it's synced up, ignoring if you'll ever change the way the combos reset or the colors of them.
LuigiHann

MetalMario201 wrote:

Stop being lazy?
I don't think this is a good example of laziness. The difference in effort between doing this by hand vs. doing this with any kind of automation is massive. Plus I'm always in favor of new ways to tie the SB dynamically to the map
mm201

Shiirn wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Stop being lazy?
Translation: Make the images for your strobing for each combo color and time it in the .osu to where it's synced up, ignoring if you'll ever change the way the combos reset or the colors of them.
osb supports colour transforms. osq will let you set consts for each combo colour choice. Hitobject colours can and should be consistent across difficulties, and make such an SB more maintainable. You'd need to time the SB anyway even with this feature.

On a related note, why don't we add a feature that makes sprites move along a slider track? Or orbit a hitobject. That'd be nifty.