Rhythm Incarnate
3,654 posts
Problem Details:
When I added a slideranchor to a selected 1/2 slider it disappeared. All I could still see were the slideranchors and I could also move it around.
After I reapplied the anchor after doing Ctrl+Z and tried doing Ctrl+Z again the game crashed with the following error code:

Code:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at #=qPKVqGwAYJ3GQrUKL9w_rt_E_eRN8uJuuaw$P5NbxhK8L7pUCJjAyUARaNhqnPxZA.#=qu7iBQPhVNmXvO_0qSk9Paw==()
   at #=qPKVqGwAYJ3GQrUKL9w_rt_E_eRN8uJuuaw$P5NbxhK8L7pUCJjAyUARaNhqnPxZA.#=qjYp8Cb_zYAOUhRD$TwQ8Vg==()
   at #=qZHMDr6XOQB_lMY2ZDVxqGeXGHOQMdgDXLQP5D_xXQQ4=.#=qjYp8Cb_zYAOUhRD$TwQ8Vg==()
   at #=qcesp6mIOFaQtC167YY5K9w==.#=qVfa$u8hVfBB8VDk04NC_kA==.#=qJ6kck_dIC2qTjh$powiq28koZz56weZlA7c_oxgJ$z0=(#=qbv8HHaOUmhez6cdBOY64VF$wIF7nrW7C0gTtlqdeGYw= #=qAq9y6bQVkZ354upuPG$_dw==)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   at #=qcesp6mIOFaQtC167YY5K9w==.#=qd1JcwZSdPvsrKJWc_sUgN_NPO7BiTt6NBozDZ63zvMI=()
   at #=qNRLnJ5IxoA_S4LDS_thGjPJJuJtRX3NfJT1ohNOHX14=.#=qK4TH3INhZtBIjSQVz4hybg==(#=qqQJgnOBt9zIYAqKa2R$vfeF9SvNPhzNd$0EVlyxBLVnQvfceeNHDksqFOqTEl$XL #=qnYz182Era20bv8basEjV$Q==)
   at #=qcesp6mIOFaQtC167YY5K9w==.#=qjYp8Cb_zYAOUhRD$TwQ8Vg==()
   at #=qsm7NtYEwzSr_pGutPMi2vDeK$kfTGz5hox3lz9rvps4=.#=qhoEtdeNpWgECLvsRF7GQDw==(Object #=qHo8HrVV9vYQP0xxGLWSx_Q==, EventArgs #=qrl1wImvSZHaME1zi0NNlmg==)
   at #=qLDQy2PDSKvmYQn0id5b9HenIVmF3t8KU4mAz1iaNa3Q=.#=qWap5khHoJ1VpwmnLJbLung==(Object #=qHo8HrVV9vYQP0xxGLWSx_Q==, EventArgs #=qu2maODs0h7uiTkSkE7mH4Q==)
   at #=q76$IBLnBCoS4EojxM7Rjs_hWwhdgoIdZ9HSqRMqgvY8=.#=q9__A3qMPMGR8FF8MFED2vnjExUlmKL0pZ_zCS0TIhh8=(Object #=qHo8HrVV9vYQP0xxGLWSx_Q==, EventArgs #=qrl1wImvSZHaME1zi0NNlmg==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at #=q76$IBLnBCoS4EojxM7Rjs_hWwhdgoIdZ9HSqRMqgvY8=.#=qms775CD_LPBHFw0f4QHrLw==()
   at #=qsm7NtYEwzSr_pGutPMi2vDeK$kfTGz5hox3lz9rvps4=.#=qms775CD_LPBHFw0f4QHrLw==()
   at #=qmfZHNMXDY6LyBeaIiJxwDA==.#=qnLhfzXM_s1pwd9HTWDBMPQ==(String #=qhJ4sDfufhlPMIf35nFuBfQ==, Boolean #=qV1GFpuDIoBVX86r3rkXlvDPI7wzJk$nK4YMHcYPNeJ8=, Boolean #=qahNWMPeg_lZmyRO4mogScw==)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20160525.1beta
Last edited by Endaris on , edited 1 time in total.
Rhythm Incarnate
3,654 posts
Recently had this again.
It looks like the slider gets deleted but it's still selected which probably causes the crash.
I managed to catch a screenshot of it recently:

This time it didn't crash though as I just saved and reentered the editor and found that the slider was gone after reentering.
osu!dev
8,218 posts
I thought I fixed that out of range exception. >.>
Support Team
2,232 posts
Is this still an issue?
Rhythm Incarnate
3,654 posts
Personally I didn't encounter this in quite a while.
Support Team
2,232 posts
Un-marking assigned. If anyone encounters this, please post here. This issue is possibly resolved? Not going to mark resolved because have no real confirmation / never was marked as a real issue.
Rhythm Incarnate
3,654 posts
Must be fate to encounter this right after we agreed to unassign it xD

I tried to grab the sliderend of a selected 1/4 slider here and drag it elsewhere while the beatsnap divisor was on 1/2 so I didn't actually rightclick it. It probably couldn't find the blue tick due to the beatsnap divisor setting and just disappeared due to lack of length.
I can reproduce it this way on different maps. The amount of anchorpoints in the 1/4 slider doesn't seem to matter. It starts crashing once I try to do things with the slideranchors of the invisible selected slider even though it always takes a bit of time. Everything is fine if I just draw the slideranchor to be longer so that the slider reaches 1/2 length.
collapsed text
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at #=qPKVqGwAYJ3GQrUKL9w_rt_E_eRN8uJuuaw$P5NbxhK8L7pUCJjAyUARaNhqnPxZA.#=qvCvuT0DGvJj0YkW7v3FNVw==()
at #=qPKVqGwAYJ3GQrUKL9w_rt_E_eRN8uJuuaw$P5NbxhK8L7pUCJjAyUARaNhqnPxZA.#=qzBsqTKRSdMLhFXV5u5TJ9g==()
at #=qxpqSAnlP6iQlIFWAEDW0SRzH3BtLelAIPb_vJQ834iI=.#=qzBsqTKRSdMLhFXV5u5TJ9g==()
at #=qhcdsmHKxZwPTRZPNxxI9xg==.#=q5qqYR2$lgQH4Hdmx3oabHw==.#=qLtGZ3lBi9V5RFsVOtJCHLieZRNHBjtnZw0VbxtSdqt0=(#=qyuaAWk1XLK5RFhHt_b3lDUGpplRyvPaJKSrl$C2hl_A= #=qbQ5d7lZRLQe4WnCsteCAzA==)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
at #=qhcdsmHKxZwPTRZPNxxI9xg==.#=qd1JcwZSdPvsrKJWc_sUgN_NPO7BiTt6NBozDZ63zvMI=()
at #=qK__G$1W5MxPHWqO_lZotTiFF9MYd3ontBmUXo7W9xj8=.#=q0P6Vnra93FQWSxEB9WVYuQ==(#=q1iAOpzBjHGHzAd63dZq_6TX0SQUWM7XML3YBdsEgPaI_Pc2BKTUneqD6Z_Yim74N #=qyEE5I2Qp1lly3yt8BlahzA==)
at #=qhcdsmHKxZwPTRZPNxxI9xg==.#=qzBsqTKRSdMLhFXV5u5TJ9g==()
at #=qAkHJBm5fi9ln9$$bZIjescOkA1tsEGlxBb$eY8a3kLI=.#=qfSAa5UefHlzCMT7rH0nbvw==(Object #=qkCHdvsyChdy1KxCGzFDgVA==, EventArgs #=qIymDJBL2gXiahnsXwyknHQ==)
at #=q1RSgWZMfgujbYjeVUX5et9AsKoCpk7x1Mjadoavchhw=.#=qADXXYsUpIC7ID5r7ipH7Cg==(Object #=qkCHdvsyChdy1KxCGzFDgVA==, EventArgs #=qoVMeUYp_qDeVsSKN3sonZg==)
at #=qK_aaJviHDjaYAxdD4NydEM0BymkooXr8XwavfFj1e6Y=.#=qXFopDMoIFn51vwUc$Jk9k0ygFGhb5k8mXkspfBQCE7M=(Object #=qkCHdvsyChdy1KxCGzFDgVA==, EventArgs #=qIymDJBL2gXiahnsXwyknHQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=qK_aaJviHDjaYAxdD4NydEM0BymkooXr8XwavfFj1e6Y=.#=q2duPe9AdIZmY9_cLc5rY2g==()
at #=qAkHJBm5fi9ln9$$bZIjescOkA1tsEGlxBb$eY8a3kLI=.#=q2duPe9AdIZmY9_cLc5rY2g==()
at #=qK4YQYM5v9NKeM_T4AGhSfQ==.#=qGoVlp_yh1VIHKE3z0_6Y5w==(String #=qcn7bRZ18XTzbMy3F9TSwiQ==, Boolean #=qfveqyffTEZ_73uIi75rtJCvYmaItf0hWa$GfrZUz_aM=, Boolean #=qDvHwBA6GKDLqzZett_dRnQ==)

Tested builds:
20160821.1 Stable
20160929.2 cuttingedge
Rhythm Incarnate
12,778 posts
It sounds normal to me, since a 1/2 slider can't exist in its current state. If a slider is too short for a certain time to be there, it'll get shortened. Since 1/2 is the shortest option available here, it gets turned into a 0/2 slider aka non-existing slider
Rhythm Incarnate
3,654 posts
Yes, it makes sense, but it should not crash the game ;) That's the main issue here.
Rhythm Incarnate
12,778 posts
There you have a point
I believe A Mystery reported the issue a long time ago as well, right?
Support Team
2,232 posts
Back to the assigned board we go!
Beat Clicker
56 posts
http://i.imgur.com/5ZrD2bb.png Still happens.
Ik I shouldn't say this but some guy at my topic wanted me to, oh yeah also sorry for necro
Support Team
2,232 posts
Bumped to keep this post from Archiving
Reply 13 posts