forum

General Assistance [Discussion/Clarification]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Hello everyone! The General Assistance thread is for members who might be uncertain about something in a beatmap they are not very familiar with. For a better overview of people who might be able to help you with your problem, we created this thread. Feel free to post here with your concerns as well as any discussion. Optional you can directly contact listed people. Additionally, who ever is interested to help, can contact Bakari, IamKwaN and OnosakiHito or post in this thread and we will add you into the list. You are all encouraged to do so if interested, but keep in mind that you should have a decent level of what you are doing!

1. Metadata

If you are unsure if a web site you found is official, ask people with the expetise for these cases. Lately some modders mention download sites as an official source and it makes mappers confused. The reason why websites such as download services and wikipedia can't be an official source is, sometimes labels on them conflict with ones on official websites. In order to prevent future confusion over a metadata issue, do not hesitate to ask the downbelow listed people:

1. alacat
  2. Bakari
  3. ByBy13
  4. IamKwaN
  5. KSHR (for opinion as native speaker only)
  6. neonat
  7. Okorin
  8. Venix
  9. Wafu
  10. ...

2. Timing

Timing a beatmap correctly is one of the most important factors in a beatmap, especially when it contains more than only one timing section, as the hitcircles are subordinated to it. Therefore, it is important to have an accurate timing and offset in a beatmap. Following members can help in this matter:

1. _Gezo_
  2. Deif
  3. JBHyperion
  4. pishifat
  5. Raiden
  6. Shiro
  7. Skylish

3. Storyboarding and skinning

These following members are able to assist in any storyboard or skin related issues or to answer any questions you might have concerning them:

1. _Gezo_
  2. Chaoslitz (skinning and basic storyboarding)
  3. Deif
  4. Pereira006 (basic SB commands)
  5. sheela (basic SB)
  6. Wafu (general SB and codding assistance)
  7. ...

4. Video

Looks like this form is not filled yet. Are you familiar with video-related aspects such as encoding? Then you can ask to be added into this list!

1. sheela
  2. Wafu
  3. ...
HappyRocket88
Love this! Sadly Kwan is the only member who we can ask for metadata clarification atm. (? xD
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Who ever is interested to help can contact us(Bakari, IamKwaN, me) or post in this thread and we will add you into the list. You are all encouraged to do so if interested. New rubrics (such as timing fore example) can be of course added as well. You just have to mention it.
Okoratu
I can usually find more or less reliable sources concerning metadata. I however do bother KwaN whenever i'm unsure.

I can help with general questions about CODING storyboards, I do not have any experience with the ingame SB Editor. I know a few things regarding optimisation of these things, if necessary.

I can't help you much with skinning-related questions that are above "what skin sets do i need and where do i find these". And lastly idk anything about video encoding so lol.

IDK HOW TO TIME PLS STOP SENDING PPL TO ME WITH THIS STUFF (I get like 3 reqs about this a week and deny every of them :[)
Raiden
I can try to help with timing stuff (so much death metal mapped must have served me for something I guess)

edit: you might as well add people like Shiro pishifat lolcubes Charles445 etc on timing
Yuzeyun
I can provide help in skinning, storyboarding and timing. Additional help may be given for metadata as well.
Chaoslitz
i can help in skinning and basic storyboarding (I guess it is better to seperate this two?)
Tari
I'm free if anybody needs metadata assistance :).
meii18
I can somehow help with metadata stuff mostly.With timing I can help only with finding the BPM :(
neonat
Any metadata related stuff with regards to doujin music like vocaloid, touhou, kancolle, I should be free to help out. I do quite an extensive research on many of these and I also do have my own collection of the actual stuff.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Don't forget that you should have a decent level of what you are doing, as people might have to rely on you!
sheela
I can help with video and basic SB stuff, but not much skinning.
JBHyperion
I can help out with most timing-related stuff, Bonsai would be another good person to ask here.
Deif
I could assist with timing and storyboarding as well. Metadata is mainly googling stuff, so it's not that a big deal (unless Japanese/Chinese runes appear)
IamKwaN
I would like to have you guys' opinion on the Romanised Artist for this map.

The Unicode Artist is every♥ing! or every♥ing! as shown here and here respectively.

The issue is whether we have the Romanised Artist as everying! or every-ing! or something else?

Please discuss, I really need opinions. Thanks!
HappyRocket88
I'm not really sure if it's a good idea to use such as unicode caracters as "♥" is for the Romanised Field. I think every-ing! would fit the translation the best and it would correlate as well with the artist.
Natsu
every-ing! every*ing! ?

@Fycho was searching as well, and where it say that ☆ = * , is that official?

Edit3: Oh I see, didn't know about that o:
Fycho
Objectively speaking, the official provides two type of romanised artist, so both are rankable.

But on a subjective way I think every-ing! fits more, ignoring something on original artist is not a good idea.

every*ing! is a no-go, which alters the artist. It's ♥ not ☆, we only use * to represent ☆.

Edit: @Natsu, don't we use * only for ☆ in osu all the time? Sometimes people misunderstand that * can represent the unromanised symbol and abuse it, so me and KSHR, IamKwaN ever discussed about it internally at past. Japanese authors use * for ☆.
Kibbleru
im no metadata expert but i think every-ing would be better
Monstrata
Yea, every-ing looks the best. Is there an official list of what represents what? Like where does it say the * asterisk replaces ☆? And if we have a substitute for ☆ are there not substitutes for other symbols? ☆ is quite common but so is ♥.

What about using every<3ing
show more