forum

Overwatch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
Overwatch is an FPS game developed by Blizzard where characters have a set of abilities (similar to a MOBA) they can use rather than traditional loadouts and classes.

The game is finally out, and you can buy it for $40 at battle.net, or at a store nearby for your XBox 1 or PS4.

I made this so I won't be alone in hype :(
deadbeat
looks like it could be a good game. the potential is there. i think if i am going to get it though, it would be after the public release when there are plenty of reviews and gameplay videos though
FuZ
ive played until lvl 50 in the closed beta, it was fun but gets boring pretty fast, it feels like every matches are the same, that's probably because the maps are too small
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
I'm already in love because it reminds me so much of TF2, which I've put 2000+ hours into. I think you might be right about the maps though. Especially when most matches won't get to round 3 because of the 'best out of 3' gameplay, so you're stuck in a loop unless both teams are evenly matched, where as in TF2, it was completely casual, so the rotation kept going and going. I wish I had beta access like you did, haha, shame it got boring for you though *cough*letmeintoyouraccount*cough*.

Blizzard's cashgrab potential seems insane, with so many lame drops and so few good ones. I'm not sure how much a crate costs tho.
FuZ

OzzyOzrock wrote:

*cough*letmeintoyouraccount*cough*.
my overwatch license got banned because i rented my account after i got bored of the game

posting this here cause why not, it's the only video i've recorded

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Blizzard's cashgrab potential seems insane, with so many lame drops and so few good ones. I'm not sure how much a crate costs tho.
the main problem imo is the business model, they want to make overwatch competitive but having a b2p model when most of the competitive games are f2p or old ip may not be a good idea, plus they're unknown on the fps market, the playerbase will mostly be wow/heartstone players
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
genji confirmed master yi?!?

And I actually didn't even know that they wanted to go so far into making the game competitive. I agree with your point.
ColdTooth
This thread needs more hype. I honestly cannot wait to play the game
Lambykinz
something something butts
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
something something new butts

The Reaper origin skin does not match his edgy-ness LMAO
La Volpe
I got invited for the closed beta this weekend.
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
The closed beta weekend taught me that I can't run the game lmfao and I fucking knew. Now I'm buying over $200 in upgrades ayy
FuZ

OzzyOzrock wrote:

The closed beta weekend taught me that I can't run the game lmfao and I fucking knew. Now I'm buying over $200 in upgrades ayy
have you tried to reduce the render scale? it gives a lot of fps if you set it low, i could play on high 70fps with my trash computer using the lowest render scale
Jazz
I'm getting hyped for this game for some reason
Just not sure if it's going to be available here :c
Justykanna
I'm so hesitant to buy this game. My brother, sister in law and one of our friends pre-purchased it already and my girlfriend wants it. My experience with FPS games hasn't been good at all and this doesn't feel like it'll change my views at all. Terribly ignorant community and being at the bottom of the scoresheet between myself and my friends all the time just isn't fun.
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
What FPS games have you played? If you're talking more mainstream ones like CoD or Counter Strike then I totally relate, but FPS games like TF2 and Overwatch don't limit you to having to be an aim master to do well thanks to the existence of support classes which are crucial to the game.
lol
anyone wanna help a brother out with an early access beta code? wanna try this game tonight :(
Zain Sugieres
Selling lol's virginity for Overwatch code
ColdTooth
Get freaking hyped, 15 more minutes
Renevant
Started playing yesterday using friend's preorder code.

I've tried about 3/4 of the characters and I've grown a liking toward pharaoh and tracer.
chaee
1 more hour boys
show more