forum

Keyboards for CtB

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rurree
Hello. I need a new keyboard to use for CtB.

So far from my experience, I use a crappy old Logitech membrane keyboard that's become too bothersome for me to play with. I could feel some obvious delays and lately they've been a pain to press effectively.

I also own a CM Storm Quickfire TK Stealth in Cherry MX Brown switches, they're fine for CtB and standard but my brother keeps on borrowing it because he wrecked his Corsair K70 and he couldn't handle using a membrane keyboard. I decided that I'll just give it to him and buy another keyboard for my own.

Can you guys recommend me a good keyboard (mechanical please) for both standard and CtB? Preferably with backlight, since I do play more often during the night. Thank you. :)
MBomb
laptop keyboard best keyboard
Topic Starter
Rurree

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

I mash my keys a lot when I play rain diffs. Laptop keyboards are kinda shallow which makes it harder for me to mash. :(
Dianthus
I use Blackwidow Stealth 2k14. So far can't complain about the kb. Mine doesn't have lights though, but I'm pretty sure you can get the lights also, if you're willing to pay a little extra.
iiyo
Use red switches. If you push down really hard and heavy try out blacks. blue's are risky and they break quite easily if you push really hard that is, if you want a "click" or "bump" to know when you move go for blues, if you want super fast keys that bottom out, go for red's or blacks. I suggest the k65/k70 keyboard, it has a steel/metal backplate and it has really nice build and rgb settings. A bit spendy tho. for blue's you can't go wrong with a nice quickfire tk or ducky shine.
Bunnrei

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

i agre
Mamat

I'm using ePro MK-G
Topic Starter
Rurree
Thank you for the suggestions, I've decided to opt for a keyboard with Reds (or Blacks, but I still need to compare the two in person)

Still unsure what keyboard exactly though, Fantasy's suggestion of the K70 seems nice but it's a bit too pricey for my liking. I guess I'll just take a CM Storm Quickfire TK (again) or a Corsair Strafe (non-RGB, not really a big RGB fan) so that I wouldn't have to break the bank.
PixelBeacon
currently using my CM Storm Trigger - MX black switches....
Mechanical keyboards are THE BEST keyboards for any type of use(heavy gaming, writing, editing, programming so on....)
the type of switches to pick may vary from one individual to another, or for a particular use.
I may switch it to a newer keyboard but it's not because I am not satisfied with it, it's just that I want a better keyboard(custom made from scratch :D maybe, will see)
HyakkiSama
1 Year ago I use SteelSeries 6GV2 MX Black but now I play with Corsair Strafe MX Red for all and it's very good
Jesper
Anything with cherry mx blue (if you like the loud clicky sound)
or cherry mx brown/red (if you don't like loud clicky sounds)

I have a Razer blackwidow 2014 and i don't recommend it, the price is too much for it's preformance.
CowHax
Topic is dead now but for anyone still wondering, I found that chiclet keyboards work best for CTB due to their low travel distance and response.
I'm currently using a chiclet keyboard for mac, and I wouldn't want to use anything else :)

Mechanical keyboards are a pretty good alternative though, I'd recommend trying different types of switches at a store or something before you settle on one set.
Beerus
i use corsair k70 rgb rapidfire with speed switches, they are good for me :D
He Ang CTB
1. Do not buy any products from Razor.
2. Avoid clicky.
3. Red keys preferably.
4. Laptop keys are fine but will break.

Yep :O
Topic Starter
Rurree
I already got the Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S in Cherry MX Browns, having fun with them!

Although I still use laptop keys more..
Sentencings
Speaking of membrane keyboards, I use the Logitech G105 and to my surprise, it's actually really good to use!

Kimitakari
I was playing on membrane back then. Theres nothing good or bad about it. Few weeks later I bought Qcyber Zadiak Blue Switches one. Not the Red switches due to my budget. Now, it requires few days to feel playong on the mechanical keyboard. Theyre faster than membrane but sooner you'll get stick to it. Also never EVER buy keyboard products from Razer.
Topic Starter
Rurree
Razer is fine, just avoid anything that isn't the Blackwidow 2016, X, or V2. Seriously, those boards are good.
Attenox
From what I can say don't get Corsair K70 ffs (it's overall good but the problem is it just randomly freezes while playing and I have no idea why or how to fix it) Get a K65 or Strafe.
Tbh anything with Cherry MX switches should work just fine (for me at least)
Fuka Pura

He Ang Erika wrote:

1. Do not buy any products from Razor.
2. Avoid clicky.
3. Red keys preferably.
4. Laptop keys are fine but will break.

Yep :O
I agree, actually playing with chiclets (laptop keys) well it's cool for playing on bed (and honestly I broke 6 keys in 3years) , but to have a nice experience with DT, I'll recommend you a red switch keyboard.
show more