195 posts jump | prev  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  next
Beat Clicker
79 posts
FrozenMilkshake wrote:
Do you mean winetricks? Because in that case how would you go about executing the commands? I couldn't find much on google.

Yes winetricks, how i did it:
Right Click osu! > Show Package Content > Wineskin > Advanced (It also worth adding "-nosplash" in the EXE Flags) > Tools > In the Utilities Section, select Winetricks

Search for these in the dlls
- d3dx9
- d3dx9_43
- dotnet40 (updated from dotnet20) [Btw, to update from dotnet20 to dotnet40, you need to execute the dotnet30 first]

Try it out

Good luck
Star Shooter
181 posts
Jeni-Desu wrote:
FrozenMilkshake wrote:
Do you mean winetricks? Because in that case how would you go about executing the commands? I couldn't find much on google.

Yes winetricks, how i did it:
Right Click osu! > Show Package Content > Wineskin > Advanced (It also worth adding "-nosplash" in the EXE Flags) > Tools > In the Utilities Section, select Winetricks

Search for these in the dlls
- d3dx9
- d3dx9_43
- dotnet40 (updated from dotnet20) [Btw, to update from dotnet20 to dotnet40, you need to execute the dotnet30 first]

Try it out

Good luck

For some reason when opening Wineskin, it just constantly says "Wineskin is currently busy, please wait" and it will get stuck there forever. Am I doing something wrong here? Sorry for bothering you.

edit: I managed to search for the commands, run them, and all that jazz. However, a blank console in XQuartz still appears after that. Am I doing something wrong here?
Beat Clicker
79 posts
FrozenMilkshake wrote:

edit: I managed to search for the commands, run them, and all that jazz. However, a blank console in XQuartz still appears after that. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thats strange, that happend to me to..
I try to download a fresh osu from osx.ppy.sh and trying to replicated what i did before, but it didnt worked.

Whats even strange is that my original copy of osu (the one that i was able to play osu latest with no input lag) stopped working aswell, the same problem like the one i tried to replicated :s

sorry for my misleading information, ill try and figure out what am i missing at
Star Shooter
181 posts
Huh. That's interesting. Not your fault though.
Beat Clicker
79 posts
Thanks to SosPisos for finding this simple fix

Using the osu stable 2016 version, to do it all you have to do is updating the engine "Change Engine Used" (WS9Wine 2.6 Worked Fine) ( then tick "Use Mac Driver" and "Use Direct3D Boost", in the Set Screen Options

Right Click osu!>Show Package Contents>Wineskin>Advanced>Tools>Change Engine Used>Set Screen Options
Last edited by Jeni-Desu on , edited 1 time in total.
Tempo Trainee
8 posts
Jeni-Desu wrote:
Thanks to SosPisos for finding this simple fix

Using the osu stable 2016 version, to do it all you have to do is updating the engine "Change Engine Used" (WS9Wine 2.6 Worked Fine) ( then tick "Use Mac Driver" and "Use Direct3D Boost", in the Set Screen Options

Right Click osu!>Show Package Contents>Wineskin>Advanced>Tools>Change Engine Used>Set Screen Options

I dont know where i came from. ive tried all the steps ^. the osu updater works but ive been stuck on the osu logo.
Beat Clicker
71 posts
p/6125107#p6125107

saw someone with problems on os x version of osu, thought it might be an issue
Beat Clicker
79 posts
I've made a video showing how to play stable latest if anyone is intrested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lT8om-2kfE
Last edited by Jeni-Desu on , edited 1 time in total.
Star Shooter
181 posts
It won't let me even update to WS9Wine2.6. It just stays on version WS9Wine1.9.5. Will I need El Capitan to do it? Because I'm currently on Sierra.
Beat Clicker
79 posts
FrozenMilkshake wrote:
It won't let me even update to WS9Wine2.6. It just stays on version WS9Wine1.9.5. Will I need El Capitan to do it? Because I'm currently on Sierra.

Im not so sure myself honestly :(
Do you have XQuartz installed, or Wineskin Winery?

If the engine cannot be changed, try skipping the step
Will it still work?
Star Shooter
181 posts
Jeni-Desu wrote:

Im not so sure myself honestly :(
Do you have XQuartz installed, or Wineskin Winery?

If the engine cannot be changed, try skipping the step
Will it still work?

I have XQuartz and Wineskin Winery installed.
When skipping the step of updating it, it doesn't work.

i'm at a loss so i might just try downgrading to el capitan later.
Beat Clicker
79 posts
FrozenMilkshake wrote:
I have XQuartz and Wineskin Winery installed.
When skipping the step of updating it, it doesn't work.

i'm at a loss so i might just try downgrading to el capitan later.

Sorry to hear that :( Sierra kinda sucks anyway, No SmoothMouse support and bad Wine support

Good luck
Tempo Trainee
8 posts
I can change the engine and everything but after the update thing. it stops working.
Beat Clicker
79 posts
IntelClient wrote:
I can change the engine and everything but after the update thing. it stops working.

What is your OS? and what are your specs?
Tempo Trainee
8 posts
Jeni-Desu wrote:
IntelClient wrote:

What is your OS? and what are your specs?

OSX sierra. Specs: https://gyazo.com/c337a453ed20ab7010a6dab182131372
osu worked on this before but it just stopped working awhile ago
Reply 195 posts jump | prev  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  next