forum

t+pazolite vs C-Show - TRICKL4SH 220

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mahogany
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 22 January 2016 at 14:04:54

Artist: t+pazolite vs C-Show
Title: TRICKL4SH 220
BPM: 220
Filesize: 4597kb
Play Time: 01:50
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (6.13 stars, 616 notes)
Download: t+pazolite vs C-Show - TRICKL4SH 220
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Need actual good mapping thanks + Other diffs

Thanks to Necroluttah for letting me use the MP3 and Timing from his way better mapset that you should play instead
B1rd
Halfway through a mod, I'll finish it when I can be bothered. You're not allowed to update your map until my mod is finished k
ksg
I have no idea what actually makes a good or a bad map, or how to make things flow well, so I'll just point out some things I found jarring.

holy shit it became a wall of text out of nowhere what the fuck happened

00:10:624 (8) -
This slider overlapping with the previous triple makes the pattern a bit of a clusterfuck and pretty uncomfortable to read. Maybe try moving it down a bit (and moving the next slider 00:10:760 (9) - up to keep it symmetrical if that's what you were going for with this.)

00:10:897 (1,2,3,4,5) -
This is good otherwise, but try making these patterns with the polygon circle tool to make them look a bit nicer.

00:14:715 (7,8,9,10,1) -
This is a lot better than the pattern I first pointed out, just pointing it out as an example of what I think you could go for with the first one

00:15:260 (1,2,3,4,5) -
These being stacked after the previous pattern being a widely spaced star pattern makes it feel a bit off to me. Maybe another similar pattern here?

00:17:442 (7) -
Combo here?

00:18:124 (1) -
Slider starting on 2/2 (red) and ending on 1/2 (white) often feels awkward. I'd generally avoid doing this unless the music heavily suggests a heavy hit on said 2/2. This is happening quite a bit in various places around the map, but I'll avoid repeating myself.

00:20:715 (7,8,9) -
This is a nice idea, but maybe try spacing the sliders out a bit more to improve readability. Also probably combo here.

00:29:306 (3,4,5,6,7) -
This would probably look nicer if you space it out a bit more.

00:55:897 (6) -
1/16 slider might be going overboard, try going with a 1/8 instead if possible.

01:18:533 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) -
This pattern + the stream before it stack on top of eachother pretty poorly, try using more of the space around the stream/above the pattern to do something that's a bit less cluttered.

General stuff:
I pointed out a couple places where you could start new combos, but those weren't the only possible ones. Go through the map and check for spots where a new combo would make sense. Try to start combos generally on 1/1s (white ticks) and heavy hits. Don't be afraid of making combos that are just a few notes long, they can really make it easier to read and more pleasant to look at.
Overlapping patterns can work if they look nice, but there's times in this map where stuff is stacked on top of previous stuff for no particular reason, while there's plenty of completely empty space around it. Most of the patterns are nice, but try to look into uh... managing the space around the playfield? Some shit like that, I don't know.

Ok sorry if it sounds like I think I know shit about mapping, I assure you I don't. Implement what you want, disregard what you want. kthxbye
Topic Starter
Mahogany

ksg wrote:

I have no idea what actually makes a good or a bad map, or how to make things flow well, so I'll just point out some things I found jarring.

holy shit it became a wall of text out of nowhere what the fuck happened

00:10:624 (8) -
This slider overlapping with the previous triple makes the pattern a bit of a clusterfuck and pretty uncomfortable to read. Maybe try moving it down a bit (and moving the next slider 00:10:760 (9) - up to keep it symmetrical if that's what you were going for with this.) Changed, and it looks a lot nicer and plays a bit better now, I think.

00:10:897 (1,2,3,4,5) -
This is good otherwise, but try making these patterns with the polygon circle tool to make them look a bit nicer. Polygon circle tool? What's that?

00:14:715 (7,8,9,10,1) -
This is a lot better than the pattern I first pointed out, just pointing it out as an example of what I think you could go for with the first one

00:15:260 (1,2,3,4,5) -
These being stacked after the previous pattern being a widely spaced star pattern makes it feel a bit off to me. Maybe another similar pattern here? My reason for this is that in the previous patten, every word in the song sounded distinctly different, but at this part of the song, the words sound very similar, that's why I stacked them instead of spacing.

00:17:442 (7) -
Combo here? yes

00:18:124 (1) -
Slider starting on 2/2 (red) and ending on 1/2 (white) often feels awkward. I'd generally avoid doing this unless the music heavily suggests a heavy hit on said 2/2. This is happening quite a bit in various places around the map, but I'll avoid repeating myself.Remapped, and I've looked through the rest of the map and fixed these where I can

00:20:715 (7,8,9) -
This is a nice idea, but maybe try spacing the sliders out a bit more to improve readability. Also probably combo here. Done. I also made each slider in this pattern a new combo to increase readability further.

00:29:306 (3,4,5,6,7) -
This would probably look nicer if you space it out a bit more. This was a pattern I was concerned with myself, and you're right, spacing it does make it look much nicer.

00:55:897 (6) -
1/16 slider might be going overboard, try going with a 1/8 instead if possible. Changed

01:18:533 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) -
This pattern + the stream before it stack on top of eachother pretty poorly, try using more of the space around the stream/above the pattern to do something that's a bit less cluttered. Done, I made a nice little square shape. I just hope I didn't go overboard, but hey, it fits.

General stuff:
I pointed out a couple places where you could start new combos, but those weren't the only possible ones. Go through the map and check for spots where a new combo would make sense. Try to start combos generally on 1/1s (white ticks) and heavy hits. Don't be afraid of making combos that are just a few notes long, they can really make it easier to read and more pleasant to look at. I already thought I was too NC-heavy xd
Overlapping patterns can work if they look nice, but there's times in this map where stuff is stacked on top of previous stuff for no particular reason, while there's plenty of completely empty space around it. Most of the patterns are nice, but try to look into uh... managing the space around the playfield? Some shit like that, I don't know.Working with all the space I've given is something I'm crap at. Definitely trying to improve on this.

Ok sorry if it sounds like I think I know shit about mapping, I assure you I don't. Implement what you want, disregard what you want. kthxbye
Your input was very valuable, thanks!
ksg
Polygon circle tool? What's that?
Hit Ctrl+Shift+D in editor and go figure :3c
Topic Starter
Mahogany

ksg wrote:

Polygon circle tool? What's that?
Hit Ctrl+Shift+D in editor and go figure :3c
omg that is amazing
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.