forum

New Mod "Quadrathlon"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +90
Topic Starter
ruruxz
Quadrathlon

In this mod the player is challenged with 30 minutes of randomly selected maps Using all 4 modes (Osu!Standard, Taiko, Mania, and Catch the beat)

This Mod is not ranked
This is just something I thought would be cool to give a try.

"I read all comments and consider all added ideas"

8-) :)
Kolo71
it will be a good mod :D
Raen
Difficulty would be an issue....
MBomb
There would have to be an indicator of mode switching (as in having a break between each mode switch) because it can be difficult to change from ctb keys to mania keys quickly for example, or move your hand from your dash key to your mouse if switching to standard, I like this kind of idea though!
NeVMiku
What if the map is a marathon? What is that map is the 52 minutes long marathon?

The ability to specify map length would be good.
Topic Starter
ruruxz
There would have to be an indicator of mode switching (as in having a break between each mode switch) because it can be difficult to change from ctb keys to mania keys quickly for example, or move your hand from your dash key to your mouse if switching to standard, I like this kind of idea though!
It probably could change mode with maps unless people think it would be better to change during the song which could probably be done at breaks in the song.

Edit: it would tell you which mode your switching to. Sorry when I first read I brain farted :o

Yes, I do agree. Maybe there can be some way to specify difficultly like the difficulty filtering within options.

What if the map is a marathon? What is that map is the 52 minutes long marathon?
The ability to specify map length would be good.
Great Idea! Maybe like 10min - 20min - 30min - 40min etc, or have a range of time like 20-40min - 40-50min and so on.

Thank you for the input so far! :) :D
Orion
This could be another option under play instead of it being a mod. Also I think it would be better as a "Build-Your-Own Marathon" setup, would add a lot more versatility.

>Single Player
>Multi Player
>BYO Marathon

Also add play options
*Restrict total length of play
*Limit to specific game types (osu, mania, ctb, taiko)
*Add the options to select your own maps or randomly select the maps
*Don't limit the number of maps that can be selected or limit it to no higher than like 1 hour of play
*Option to determine length of break between song. Default 5-15 seconds
Topic Starter
ruruxz

Orion wrote:

This could be another option under play instead of it being a mod. Also I think it would be better as a "Build-Your-Own Marathon" setup, would add a lot more versatility.

>Single Player
>Multi Player
>BYO Marathon

Also add play options
*Restrict total length of play
*Limit to specific game types (osu, mania, ctb, taiko)
*Add the options to select your own maps or randomly select the maps
*Don't limit the number of maps that can be selected or limit it to no higher than like 1 hour of play
*Option to determine length of break between song. Default 5-15 seconds
I do like this, but there is a reason its called a Quadrathlon...
Maybe this could end up leading to a "Build a marathon" Type of thing.

Now that it is mentioned. Being a "Mode" instead of a "Mod" would be a lot better.

Maybe a mod within the mode allowing Marathon, Duathlon, Triathlon, and Quadrathlon could be a possibility.

*Add the options to select your own maps or randomly select the maps - This I think is a wonderful idea.
*Restrict total length of play - I already had mentioned this

Nakuyoko wrote:

Great Idea! Maybe like 10min - 20min - 30min - 40min etc, or have a range of time like 20-40min - 40-50min and so on.
*Option to determine length of break between song. Default 5-15 seconds - Applying this more as a pause would be great and I think 15 seconds should be max
*Multiplayer - Yes... I think that's all that needs to be said

I give great thanks to you Orion for the input. :D :)
Rilene

NoBodyYouKnow0 wrote:

Maybe if they play the 4* map with this mod.
It'll search the map with 3.5* to 4.5* difficulty range, which would do.
Topic Starter
ruruxz

Rilene wrote:

NoBodyYouKnow0 wrote:

Maybe if they play the 4* map with this mod.
It'll search the map with 3.5* to 4.5* difficulty range, which would do.
hmm... It still wouldn't really work that well. So this would have to be more a "mode" rather than a "mod"
RepHurricane340
I think: Maybe everyone can choose any 4 songs in any mode, then make those songs into a course.
Topic Starter
ruruxz

lmz123 wrote:

I think: Maybe everyone can choose any 4 songs in any mode, then make those songs into a course.
This is a good idea but the point of this Mod/Mode is to incorporate all modes into one.

This suggestion is good but if you add all the other suggestions it makes it a lot better.("I hope i don't come off offensive by saying this. idk why I think I might come off offensive by saying this but just as a precaution :D :) ")

For Example:
-Select Any number of maps "This is because almost every map can be played cross mode" This is your idea but modified.
-Difficulty Filtering
-Length Filtering
-Multiplayer
-Singleplayer
-Break Timing

... And probably more to come
Remyria

Nakuyoko wrote:

But this mod will have the capability of you getting the jack of all trades achievement
No. Just no. If you knew how jack of all trade is unlocked, you wouldn't ask for this. This won't happen...Especially if mentionned in a place like here.

THOUGH, the other things sound cool :D
Topic Starter
ruruxz

Remyria wrote:

No. Just no. If you knew how jack of all trade is unlocked, you wouldn't ask for this. This won't happen...Especially if mentionned in a place like here.

THOUGH, the other things sound cool :D
you could've just pm'ed me to edit the initial message. especially if this
This won't happen...Especially if mentionned in a place like here.
is a true statement
Remyria
sorry if you didn't like how(and where) I said it, but you need to know about the Hush-hush rule (you see it's a real rule, even if not clearly mentionned in rules, which is sad) so you do not get into trouble.
Topic Starter
ruruxz
I appreciate you explaining this to me and I will remember this for future posts of mine.
--
And anyone wondering, I will still be active on this feature request.
Topic Starter
ruruxz
I'm back after I took a short holiday. :P
lilynya
Topic Starter
ruruxz
Honestly the auto converts could be an issue, but you could always pause in between.
hnmk13
You should be able to specify map length and which modes you want to use and maybe break time beetween each map? Also this will probably be a new mode rather than a mod.
show more