forum

Enrique Iglesias - Heart Attack

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Prospettiva
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 01:14:53 PM

Artist: Enrique Iglesias
Title: Heart Attack
Tags: Electropop
BPM: 77
Filesize: 3268kb
Play Time: 02:47
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.14 stars, 125 notes)
  2. Hard (3.17 stars, 334 notes)
  3. Normal (2.05 stars, 191 notes)
  4. Perspective (4.18 stars, 406 notes)
Download: Enrique Iglesias - Heart Attack
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
After some alone time training with mapping, I think I got somewhat better compared to my previous maps, if not, please tell me! Help is very much appreacitated!

Changelog below
I'm open to a GD if anyone is willing to give a go at it, I will try my best to get the map ranked if you do~!
Long changelog, pls don't open, SAVE YOURSELF THE SCROLLING
EDIT: Fixed BPM thanks to guineaQ ^.^

EDIT: Snapped things correctly with 1/4 divisor ^.^

EDIT: After being salty and playing the game more, I reconstructed the beatmaps with Easy now being 1/1 and Normal with 1/2. I'll be working on a Hard Difficulty soon which will either be 1/3 or 1/4? I'm not sure, pls help.

EDIT: Couldn't do a Hard difficulty so I called it advanced instead, it is tricky with a lot of patterns and etc however. I may need a GD But that'll take forever to get so I may go on to do a 1/6 or 1/8? Maybe

Edit: Refining some notes in advanced which are too far away from an advanced diff. Found that almost the whole Easy difficulty was unsnapped for some reason? Though it was easily fixed, so that's nothing to worry about, Had to check over other diffs to see if it was the same there, but no, it was only Easy for some reason. Moved around notes on InsExtra so they're more humanely possible.

Edit: Removed first spinner in InsExtra to replace it with a break before single tap stream thingy

Edit: added some dynamic sliders and added another Kai time.

Edit: Replaced song file with Electroz's version of the song file.

Edit: Added spinner at the end of Easy so all diffs end at the same time

Edit: Added hitsounds on InsExtra, not a lot though, going to go over all the difficulties with hitsounds soon.

Edit: Metadate stuffies

Edit: Added some sliders; Also, I need some help with hitsounding since I have no idea how to do it, If I could find someone to help with that, it would be great

Edit: Changed allllll the notes hitsounds to be a soft sampleset and oh my god what a difference it makes~~~~ no dun sounds is perfect for this song~

Edit: Hitsounds for InsExtra are finished and lovely~!

Edit: All Difficulties are now filled with their lovely hitsounds~!

Edit: Changed the image and made it match Electroz's recommendation of resolution for the image~! Thank you very much!

Edit: Changed the hardest(current) Difficulty name. The Map is as ready as it'll ever be!

Edit: Background for Easy was somehow removed, fixed it.

EDIT: Moved along the spinner in Advance so it's easier to do

Edito-kun: Added a different pattern during the slow part before the final chorus

Edito-san: Moved around notes in Insanity, AIMod says I have no problems! (Except for that distance snapping thing)

Edit: More improvements on Insanity with jumps and etc.

Edit: ^

Edit: Beginning to work on issues with distance snapping on Easy and Normal.

Edit: ^ Finished with DS, map may be ready for rank~?

Edit: Fixed jumps in Advanced diff to fit the difficulty name

Edit: ^ switched the AR from 8 to 7.7 in Advanced diff

Edit: Moved around stuff in Insanity

Edit: Metadate stuff editted, map is ready for ranking

Edit: Timings for Kai Time were placed in the same place along all the diffs

Edit: Removed unsued .wav file

Edit: Moving Map back to WIP to make Hard Diff

Edit: Returned to Pending, No Hard Difficulty was made.

Edit: Adjusted stuff according to AxelBrown's mod, thank you~!

Edit: Adjusted beginning pattern and other stuff in Insanity

Edit: ^ just some moving of notes on Insanity

Edit: Adjusted stuff according to i hate pp's mod, thank you for your time~!

EDIT: Insanity.mwvstreams

Edit: Difficulties.aviDS

Edit: Advanced.exeBlueTicks

Edit: Insanity.zipSliders

Edit: Background.originaltrustmeimdoctor

Edit: *Blurred Lines beat* I hate these greeeen liiines~

Edit: DS stuff with Insanity

Edit: Insanity Jumps and Squares

Edit: Made mode consistent blue tick notes according to a mod and changed the difficulty name to Hard

Edit: InsanitySTREAMS.avi1/8

Edit: Removed streams.avi

Edit: Polishing Insanity.mp4

Edit: PERSPECTIVE: That's the only change really, changed the name of the diff

Edit: fixed unsnapped slider ends in Normal

Edit: Returning to WIP, it needs a lot of fixing

Edit: RANDOM FREAKING OVERLAPPING THING ?!?! ewhateven

ythis

Insanity Difficulty (According to Modding Assistant to an insane standard)

8-) Normal, Hard and Easy diff look like Insanity for some reason, So I won't post them so people don't get confused 8-)

Announcement

Map is going graveyard. Voice was 2gud4me

We're back lads!

Currently working on Perspective Difficult and making my way down, hoping I can actually get this song ranked!
guineaQ
From the queue

well, as soon as I opened map, I realized the timing was really off.

Having incorrect timing will prevent you from producing satisfying quality map. It's unrankable too

The song is simple single bpm, so I just timed it for you.

BPM: 77
Offset: 3442
Beat snap divisor: 1/4

Send me a pm after you fix the timing and resnap everything to the new timing, and I'll take a look at your map again.
Electoz
Hi, from my modding queue~ there's a lot of things that can be improve here, you can catch me in game if you have any questions~

[General]

1. http://puu.sh/lWcvm/4c552ec1f4.png < According to this, your audio bitrate is too high(yours is 320) so I converted this for you just in case you need to use it.
  2. Your BG size should be either 1024*768 or 1366*768.
  3. Audio preview time and widescreen support conflicts.
  4. Not sure if this song's BPM should be doubled, try asking someone's opinion for this.
[Hard]

1. Since you name it "Hard", I won't spam the DS problems despite it's only a 2.19* map.
  2. I will give some general comments about mapping, I won't mod this for now, if you want me to recheck this later then try your best to take my general comments and use them to improve every part of your map.
  3. Some of the sliders are still not snapped correctly, like 00:12:792 (2) - for example.
  4. 00:07:922 (1,2,3,1) - Don't do stack like this, we do stacks when all circles in the stack have the same beat spacing, like this case it isn't. Because 00:07:922 (1,2) has a 1/2 beat spacing while 00:08:312 (2,3) has only 1/4. So it's really hard to read and figure the difference of the beat spacing here.
  5. All right, is there any reason for spamming NC here in particular? 00:22:922 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) . Maybe you're trying to emphasize this stanza? But I don't think this is needed.
  6. 00:25:844 (2) - Try to make a better shape than this.
  7. 00:54:091 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This part is too boring imo, try add some diversity in terms of rhythm, or add some more objects here.
  8. 00:49:221 (2,3,4,5) - Please don't do 4 or more stacks in a row, it's confusing.
  9. 02:04:996 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Try to come up with better pattern than this, it looks messy.
  10. 02:20:581 - Why end your map here? Try to end the map at the same point with Harder > 02:48:438 .
  11. Try to apply what I mentioned above in Harder as well.
Well, if you have any question you can just poke me in the game.
Good luck~
guineaQ
Ok it's about time that I got out of sickbed

Do not give kudosu for this.

I'm just going to slap in VERY general list of things you should learn to do, I'm not going to really point out individual patterns in your difficulties since the foundation of the patterning is "flawed" in the first place.

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/60228

Please refer to this for further information. I don't really feel like writing most of the things that's already written in there into here.

1. Difficulty naming/basic design

Some of the points are only valid if you are aiming for rank

So, your Hard difficulty, rhythm wise is basically a normal difficulty. But the way you placed them is like easy Hard but sometimes it feels like an Insane (mostly those anti-jumps and jump based patterns)

Assuming you are aiming for rank, the bare minimum you want on a mapset is either Easy - Normal or Normal - Hard, since this song can support a hard diff you should make your mapset consist of Normal - Hard (I really recommend aiming to have Easy - Normal - Hard- Insane difficulty spread in all mapsets if possible though). Oh by the way, you can't have Hard difficulty be the lowest difficulty of your mapset.

So a Normal difficulty should have
  1. Mostly consisting of patterns that have 1/1 gap between each notes.
  2. But you can also use some 1/2 gaps if needed.
  3. No jumps.
  4. You are allowed to vary distance for different types of rhythmic gaps. And you have to be consistent with it
  5. Distance snap should be on at all times
  6. Avoid slider velocity changes unless it is done by bpm changes
And a Hard difficulty should have
  1. Now you are using a lot more 1/2 gaps between each notes.
  2. and you can use 1/4 triplets or anything that has 1/4s now
  3. Some jumps
  4. Distance snap should be still be on MOST of the time. (Unless you know what you are doing, then you can turn it off)
  5. Small slider velocity changes
Now some of these are open to discussion, but this is the most commonly accepted consensus on difficulty design.

2. Patterning/Rhythm
I highly recommend that you stick to the drums, as vocal mapping is quite advanced and you can't really express it that well in lower difficulties anyways due to lower difficulty limitations.

You can again refer to the list of guides that I put in the URL for further information, but I'll mention one thing that is a special case for your song.
Although the bpm is 77, it should be mapped as if it was 154 bpm. That means, 1/2 gap is actually like 1/1, 1/4 is like 1/2 and vice versa.

3. Timing
Although I did fix the timing for you, but since you used uninherited timing points instead of inherited timing points to set kiai time, the timing messed up again. So you have to subsitute the uninherited timing points with inherited timing points instead.

Also, a lot of notes are snapped to beat snap, but they aren't snapped to the music at all. I have to tell you to go through the whole map and resnap anything that is not on the correct sound to where it actually belongs. e.g in Harder difficulty : 00:09:676 (9) - Slider length should be 1/4 shorter.

Also, the current slider velocities are pretty slow since they are like 0.85 SV (Harder difficulty) in 154 bpm, which is really slow in today's standards. I would recommend AT LEAST 2.0.

4. New Combo
So, new combo is actually important because it impacts the HP drain of the map.

The convention is that you put a new combo on a note which is on EVERY downbeat, which is a white tick that is about twice bigger than other white ticks in the timeline. Again, once you understand how beatmapping works in detail, you can use different methods to new combo.

I highly recommend that if you want to improve, that you go through most of the guide in that link (Like you can ignore skinning/storyboarding/file editing) to get a general sense of beatmapping. And if you STILL have some questions, you can find me online.
Topic Starter
Prospettiva

Electoz wrote:

Hi, from my modding queue~ there's a lot of things that can be improve here, you can catch me in game if you have any questions~

[General]

1. http://puu.sh/lWcvm/4c552ec1f4.png < According to this, your audio bitrate is too high(yours is 320) so I converted this for you just in case you need to use it. Used it, thank you.
  2. Your BG size should be either 1024*768 or 1366*768. Fixed
  3. Audio preview time and widescreen support conflicts. Fixed Audio Conflict, but unsure of how to fix widescreen support
  4. Not sure if this song's BPM should be doubled, try asking someone's opinion for this. I don't see a problem, though if it pops up again I'll see what I can do
Rest of the mod was very helpful for me to reference to onto stacking and NC things, I really appreciate the help. Thank you very much, Eletroz! Won't let your mod go to waste~!
guineaQ
fuck I totally forgot about this

but I still have another exam tomorrow so you gotta wait JUST a little bit longer :<
themizerable
HI ;)

GENERAL

GOOD FLOW! CREATIVITY BUT NOT MISSING THE MAP ???? :?

EASY
00:08:117 (1) - I do not think this sounds good finish.
00:15:130 (10) - adds a finish.
00:41:623 (1,2,3) - avoid this in a diff easy, it's confusing. I can do it in a normal diff.
00:43:182 (3) - replace it with a slider till (4), so your map varies but has many single tap.
00:46:299 (7) - here if or if a slider deviese go till the (8)
00:52:352 (3) - same as above ;) .
00:58:776 (5) - the clap does not sound bad but sounds better finish, try both at the same time.
01:10:545 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Perhaps not so confusing but it is always advisable to take the snap distance EASY diff, plus the rate does not go down to stacking.
01:31:519 - or add a note or add a slider to (1).
01:53:308 (1,2,3) - hese notes do not flow well -.- ...

NORMAL
00:07:727 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This pattern is for a diff is ordernalo HARD or try to make some changes, it seems confusing.
00:09:675 (5) - NC
00:11:234 (9) - NC,The longer the more difficult combo prevents lengthen both the diff.
00:17:078 (3,4) - remove them and run the slider at this point.
01:03:831 (1,2,3,4) - I do not see the need to integrate jumps.
01:12:013 (5) - This cuts the flow slider.
01:42:428 (1,2,1) - here you have to go a Slider.
01:43:596 (2) - X :( DELETE.
02:36:750 (1,2,3,4) - if aesthetic even so it should keep up. this does not seem a good idea.

ADVANCED
00:05:779 - can not leave without a hit, it hits a point where the sound.
00:09:675 (2) - ctrl+G.
00:24:675 (3,4,5) - This pattern is for insane or higher.
01:00:714 (1) - ctrl+G.
01:15:909 (9) - NC.
01:50:191 (8,9,10) - distance snap plZ! and NC ;)
01:55:646 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - It does not sound bad, but bad idea for an advance.
02:08:113 - add note.

INSANITY
I'm sorry I could mod this diff, it seems very messy and you need to add some streams or corresponding jumps.

luck with the map 8-) 8-) 8-)
Topic Starter
Prospettiva
GREEN = FIXED
PURPLE = Adjusted according to the suggestion
RED = Not added
BLUE = Will fix if it pops up again
ORANGE = Not Understood

AxelBrown wrote:

HI ;)

GENERAL

GOOD FLOW! CREATIVITY BUT NOT MISSING THE MAP ???? :? Thank you~! but what do you mean by missing the map?
EASY
00:08:117 (1) - I do not think this sounds good finish. added
00:15:130 (10) - adds a finish. kk
00:41:623 (1,2,3) - avoid this in a diff easy, it's confusing. I can do it in a normal diff. Sounds good
00:43:182 (3) - replace it with a slider till (4), so your map varies but has many single tap. Does look better~
00:46:299 (7) - here if or if a slider deviese go till the (8) Sounds good
00:52:352 (3) - same as above ;) . Nein, I like this to follow up with the sliders
00:58:776 (5) - the clap does not sound bad but sounds better finish, try both at the same time. Sounds good~
01:10:545 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Perhaps not so confusing but it is always advisable to take the snap distance EASY diff, plus the rate does not go down to stacking. removed a note and lengthen the sliders.
01:31:519 - or add a note or add a slider to (1). Fixed
01:53:308 (1,2,3) - hese notes do not flow well -.- Fixed 8-)

NORMAL
00:07:727 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This pattern is for a diff is ordernalo HARD or try to make some changes, it seems confusing. I'll fix it to another pattern then.
00:09:675 (5) - NC Fixed
00:11:234 (9) - NC,The longer the more difficult combo prevents lengthen both the diff. uuuh, what?
00:17:078 (3,4) - remove them and run the slider at this point. I see your point, but I won't add a slider, I'll change the pattern
01:03:831 (1,2,3,4) - I do not see the need to integrate jumps. Meh, I'll change it
01:12:013 (5) - This cuts the flow slider. uuuh, I fixed it, I think
01:42:428 (1,2,1) - here you have to go a Slider. Added
01:43:596 (2) - X :( DELETE. It's the build up?
02:36:750 (1,2,3,4) - if aesthetic even so it should keep up. this does not seem a good idea. shortened sliders

ADVANCED
00:05:779 - can not leave without a hit, it hits a point where the sound. Fixed, I think
00:09:675 (2) - ctrl+G. Added
00:24:675 (3,4,5) - This pattern is for insane or higher. Eeeh, I'll fix it a bit
01:00:714 (1) - ctrl+G. Added
01:15:909 (9) - NC. Added
01:50:191 (8,9,10) - distance snap plZ! and NC ;) Fixed, I think
01:55:646 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - It does not sound bad, but bad idea for an advance. I like it, but I see your point.
02:08:113 - add note. Added

INSANITY
I'm sorry I could mod this diff, it seems very messy and you need to add some streams or corresponding jumps. :oops:

luck with the map 8-) 8-) 8-)
Thanks for the mod~!

EDIT: Just noticed that I actually have to go back to the difficulty to check what you were talking about for each tab, had to go over some of it :cry:
i hate pp
Hello

This is the worst dubstep(?) ever

Please remember that spacing has to be consistent and that if you're going to change from hitting on beat to on rhythm it needs to be in a part of a song that justifies it.

00:05:974 (7) - Don't do that
00:09:286 (1,2,3,4) - Don't overlap patterns like this
00:13:571 (1) - I'm sure you'll find a place for this beat so it doesn't awkwardly stack on the kickslider
00:14:545 (3,4,5,6) - Again if your tempo is 1/2 don't place beats like this
00:17:467 (2) - Theres no reason to have so many points on a slider if its just a simple curve
Also around doesnt fuckin rhyme with around holy shit
00:24:675 (3,4,5) - Rhythm vs beat again
00:25:649 (1) - Please fix this and map to the song.
00:41:623 (1,2) - Please don't overlap sliders like this
Also the general flow of this map feels very blocky and 180-90 degree
01:15:909 (8,9,10) - Spacing between these are inconsistent
01:24:480 (1) - You could probably map something here instead of a really long spinner
01:38:142 (5,6,7) - Try using a kickslider for the rhythm
01:42:038 (7) - This doesnt land on a downbeat or a white tick also too many points on a simple curve
01:50:776 (1,2) - Fix the spacing and how it flows
02:26:425 (10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - Mmmmm..... mmm.... Your map is slow and then it suddenly hits blue ticks on 1/4 time?
02:33:828 (6) - This doesn't land on anything relevant to the song
02:45:906 (1) - This spinner is not needed because the song ended at the end of the last slider

Over all please look at your spacing and patterns. If you're going to include rhythm in your song please be consistent about it and make the map flow. Your last kiai time is also a bit long
Good luck with your future mapping! :D Hope this helped a bit ;)
Topic Starter
Prospettiva

i hate pp wrote:

Hello

This is the worst dubstep(?) ever

Please remember that spacing has to be consistent and that if you're going to change from hitting on beat to on rhythm it needs to be in a part of a song that justifies it.

00:05:974 (7) - Don't do that Fixed
00:09:286 (1,2,3,4) - Don't overlap patterns like this Fixed
00:13:571 (1) - I'm sure you'll find a place for this beat so it doesn't awkwardly stack on the kickslider Fixed
00:14:545 (3,4,5,6) - Again if your tempo is 1/2 don't place beats like this Fixed
00:17:467 (2) - Theres no reason to have so many points on a slider if its just a simple curve Fixed, I'm horrid with sliders, sorry~
Also around doesnt fuckin rhyme with around holy shit Holy shit you're right
00:24:675 (3,4,5) - Rhythm vs beat again Fixed
00:25:649 (1) - Please fix this and map to the song. Fixed
00:41:623 (1,2) - Please don't overlap sliders like this Fixed
Also the general flow of this map feels very blocky and 180-90 degree
01:15:909 (8,9,10) - Spacing between these are inconsistent Fixed
01:24:480 (1) - You could probably map something here instead of a really long spinner Fixed
01:38:142 (5,6,7) - Try using a kickslider for the rhythm Fixed
01:42:038 (7) - This doesnt land on a downbeat or a white tick also too many points on a simple curve Fixed, horrid, I tell you!
01:50:776 (1,2) - Fix the spacing and how it flows
02:26:425 (10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - Mmmmm..... mmm.... Your map is slow and then it suddenly hits blue ticks on 1/4 time?It's emphasizing the end of the song, though if this pops up again, I'll change it
02:33:828 (6) - This doesn't land on anything relevant to the song true dat
02:45:906 (1) - This spinner is not needed because the song ended at the end of the last slider Using it to match with other diff's end time

Over all please look at your spacing and patterns. If you're going to include rhythm in your song please be consistent about it and make the map flow. Your last kiai time is also a bit long Last kiai time is emphasising last chorus
Good luck with your future mapping! :D Hope this helped a bit ;)
Thank you for like, really fast mod, jesus. I was finishing making my tea when I got the notification for this. :o
Topic Starter
Prospettiva

guineaQ wrote:

fuck I totally forgot about this

but I still have another exam tomorrow so you gotta wait JUST a little bit longer :<
I'm patient, dun worry :P
Electoz
IRC - no kds please since I already modded this once
2558-12-28 14:03 Prospettiva: Hello, Electroz~ I was wondering if you would, whenever you had the time, recheck my map again~? I would really appreacite the help!
2558-12-28 14:06 Electoz: zzz
2558-12-28 14:06 Electoz: If I gonna do a recheck here
2558-12-28 14:06 Electoz: it's gonna take long
2558-12-28 14:06 Electoz: I mean really long, you're fine with that?
2558-12-28 14:06 Prospettiva: I won't mind, ranking it will take much longer.
2558-12-28 14:06 Electoz: cuz it midnight in your time already
2558-12-28 14:07 Electoz: alright
2558-12-28 14:07 Electoz: I just finished modding other maps
2558-12-28 14:07 Electoz: gimme 10 mins
2558-12-28 14:07 Prospettiva: take your time, no need to rush ^.^
2558-12-28 14:22 Electoz: alright
2558-12-28 14:22 Electoz: I guess that's a bit more than 10 mins
2558-12-28 14:22 Electoz: but whatever
2558-12-28 14:23 Electoz: shall we begin?
2558-12-28 14:23 Prospettiva: sure
2558-12-28 14:24 Electoz: ACTION is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/841276 Enrique Iglesias - Heart Attack [Easy]]
2558-12-28 14:24 Electoz: I'll go with this first
2558-12-28 14:24 Prospettiva: alrighty
2558-12-28 14:24 Electoz: welp
2558-12-28 14:25 Electoz: I thought I mentioned about the BG size once
2558-12-28 14:25 Electoz: You changed BG did you?
2558-12-28 14:25 Prospettiva: I thought this was the right size?
2558-12-28 14:25 Electoz: and maybe you forgot to resize it
2558-12-28 14:25 Prospettiva: yeah, i did
2558-12-28 14:25 Electoz: this bg
2558-12-28 14:25 Electoz: 1228x768
2558-12-28 14:25 Electoz: is it?
2558-12-28 14:25 Prospettiva: umm,
2558-12-28 14:25 Electoz: asking here to make sure that I got the correct one
2558-12-28 14:25 Prospettiva: checking the folder
2558-12-28 14:26 Prospettiva: yeah
2558-12-28 14:26 Prospettiva: is that not the right size?
2558-12-28 14:26 Electoz: It should be either 1024x768 or 1366x768
2558-12-28 14:26 Electoz: Maybe you can resize it later
2558-12-28 14:27 Prospettiva: Hmm, will do.
2558-12-28 14:27 Electoz: in Easy and Normal
2558-12-28 14:27 Electoz: we use Distance Snap on EVERY objects
2558-12-28 14:28 Electoz: the spacing in this diff here is kinda weird
2558-12-28 14:28 Electoz: lemme check with AImod
2558-12-28 14:28 Electoz: w8 a bit
2558-12-28 14:28 Prospettiva: I asked about DS tool in #modhelp, all that DS gives me is more DS errors for some reason
2558-12-28 14:28 Prospettiva: as in, warning*
2558-12-28 14:29 Electoz: what DS did you use on this diff?
2558-12-28 14:29 Electoz: 0.6?
2558-12-28 14:30 Prospettiva: yes
2558-12-28 14:30 Prospettiva: for easy?
2558-12-28 14:30 Electoz: yes
2558-12-28 14:30 Electoz: You did use 0.6 for Easy, yes?
2558-12-28 14:30 Prospettiva: mhm
2558-12-28 14:30 Electoz: It's nothing wrong with 0.6 but I'm asking just to make sure
2558-12-28 14:32 Electoz: alright
2558-12-28 14:32 Electoz: here's the thing
2558-12-28 14:32 Electoz: when you're checking DS, you can't based on AImod alone
2558-12-28 14:33 Electoz: AImod uses a distance from (1) >> (2) as a main distance check
2558-12-28 14:33 Electoz: in other words
2558-12-28 14:33 Electoz: if you got a distance between (1) >> (2) wrong, the rest of that combo will be screwed up
2558-12-28 14:34 Prospettiva: I see, so I'll need to fix some notes with .6 DS then?
2558-12-28 14:34 Electoz: no need to be .6 just any amount you preferred
2558-12-28 14:34 Electoz: but it has to be constant
2558-12-28 14:34 Electoz: throughout the diff
2558-12-28 14:35 Electoz: also, AImod won't calculate the distance between the last object before a new combo
2558-12-28 14:35 Electoz: To sum this up, what you have to recheck, is the distance snap of [last object >> (1) >> 2]
2558-12-28 14:36 Electoz: if you get all of this correctly then AImod will be able to check distance snap accurately.
2558-12-28 14:40 Electoz: uh
2558-12-28 14:40 Electoz: sorry
2558-12-28 14:40 Electoz: bad internet connection
2558-12-28 14:40 Electoz: where did I left off?
2558-12-28 14:41 Prospettiva: I asked if there were any other problems other than the DS thing? but you last said : "Also, AImod won't calculate the distance between the last object before a new combo"
2558-12-28 14:41 Prospettiva: I asked my question right after
2558-12-28 14:42 Electoz: what did you asked right after?
2558-12-28 14:42 Electoz: *did you ask
2558-12-28 14:43 Electoz: ah
2558-12-28 14:43 Prospettiva: I asked if there were any other problems with the easy diff,
2558-12-28 14:43 Electoz: meh, internet connection sucks
2558-12-28 14:43 Electoz: yes there is
2558-12-28 14:44 Prospettiva: alright
2558-12-28 14:44 Electoz: but let's get through this DS thing first
2558-12-28 14:44 Electoz: I typed this while internet connection falls off, I gonna copy-paste it
2558-12-28 14:44 Electoz: To sum this up, what you have to recheck, is the distance snap of [last object >> (1) >> 2]
2558-12-28 14:44 Electoz: if you get all of this correctly then AImod will be able to check distance snap accurately.
2558-12-28 14:45 Electoz: there, I guess we're done with DS
2558-12-28 14:45 Electoz: any questions about DS?
2558-12-28 14:45 Prospettiva: So I'll need to fix DS for both Easy and Normal, yeah?
2558-12-28 14:45 Electoz: yup
2558-12-28 14:45 Electoz: fixing DS is a tough work
2558-12-28 14:46 Prospettiva: alright, do you have any suggestions for Normal DS?
2558-12-28 14:46 Electoz: Hard to answer that
2558-12-28 14:46 Electoz: depends on mappers' preference
2558-12-28 14:47 Prospettiva: Alright, I'll find what fits, that's no problem~
2558-12-28 14:47 Electoz: alright
2558-12-28 14:47 Electoz: this
2558-12-28 14:47 Electoz: 00:04:221 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2) -
2558-12-28 14:47 Electoz: 15 circles in a row
2558-12-28 14:48 Electoz: If I counted this correctly
2558-12-28 14:48 Electoz: try to have some more variety in terms of circles and sliders
2558-12-28 14:48 Electoz: If you placed too many circles in a row
2558-12-28 14:49 Electoz: even beginners will get bored
2558-12-28 14:49 Electoz: also
2558-12-28 14:49 Electoz: there are some specific rules in Easy
2558-12-28 14:49 Electoz: like
2558-12-28 14:49 Electoz: No SV change
2558-12-28 14:50 Electoz: or landing objects on the blue tick in high bpm songs
2558-12-28 14:50 Electoz: sth like that
2558-12-28 14:50 Prospettiva: Is there SV change?
2558-12-28 14:50 Electoz: I'll dump the link later
2558-12-28 14:50 Electoz: 02:33:633
2558-12-28 14:50 Electoz: here
2558-12-28 14:50 Electoz: If I got it correctly
2558-12-28 14:50 Prospettiva: If you're talking about the very end, that's because that's the slow part
2558-12-28 14:50 Prospettiva: slow for end
2558-12-28 14:50 Electoz: Nope
2558-12-28 14:50 Electoz: even it's the end
2558-12-28 14:50 Electoz: we don't change
2558-12-28 14:51 Electoz: because mainly it's for beginners
2558-12-28 14:51 Prospettiva: alright
2558-12-28 14:51 Electoz: also
2558-12-28 14:51 Electoz: try to have difference of volume you put in
2558-12-28 14:51 Electoz: like
2558-12-28 14:52 Prospettiva: volume?
2558-12-28 14:52 Electoz: in kiai, put in volume about 10-20% more than the other parts
2558-12-28 14:52 Electoz: hmm? you didn't know
2558-12-28 14:52 Electoz: then w8 a sec
2558-12-28 14:53 Prospettiva: volume is already 100% across all parts though, can I increase that?
2558-12-28 14:53 Electoz: oh
2558-12-28 14:54 Electoz: so you know that
2558-12-28 14:54 Electoz: well
2558-12-28 14:54 Electoz: actually
2558-12-28 14:54 Electoz: we put like
2558-12-28 14:54 Electoz: 50-60% on normal parts
2558-12-28 14:54 Electoz: and 70-80% on kiai
2558-12-28 14:54 Electoz: if you put 100% it will be a bit overpowering
2558-12-28 14:55 Prospettiva: oh
2558-12-28 14:55 Prospettiva: sounds easy enough, do I do that across all diffs?
2558-12-28 14:56 Electoz: probably
2558-12-28 14:56 Electoz: most volume things
2558-12-28 14:56 Electoz: are all same in every diffs
2558-12-28 14:56 Electoz: btw
2558-12-28 14:56 Electoz: how do you put new combos?
2558-12-28 14:56 Electoz: I mean
2558-12-28 14:57 Electoz: what is your criterion when you're putting a new combo?
2558-12-28 14:57 Prospettiva: I follow mostly the voice in the song, most of the time anyway
2558-12-28 14:58 Prospettiva: as in, chorus and rhymes and stuff
2558-12-28 14:58 Electoz: hmmm
2558-12-28 14:58 Prospettiva: I probably stopped following my own rule on Insanity
2558-12-28 14:59 Electoz: well, I guess it'll be like this for now
2558-12-28 14:59 Electoz: some mods later gonna ask how you NC throughout the map
2558-12-28 14:59 Electoz: anyway
2558-12-28 14:59 Electoz: looks like
2558-12-28 14:59 Prospettiva: alright
2558-12-28 15:00 Electoz: nothing left for Easy for now I guess
2558-12-28 15:00 Electoz: ACTION is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/841277 Enrique Iglesias - Heart Attack [Normal]]
2558-12-28 15:01 Electoz: I'll go with some general comments since you have to fix DS anyway
2558-12-28 15:03 Prospettiva: alright
2558-12-28 15:03 Prospettiva: seems like Normal follows a 1.5 DS anyway
2558-12-28 15:05 Electoz: 00:22:532 (5,6,7,8,9) - Bro, this is too difficult for Normal
2558-12-28 15:05 Electoz: stacking objects continuously is too difficult
2558-12-28 15:06 Electoz: 00:43:182 (2,2) - This applies to all diffs
2558-12-28 15:06 Electoz: try to avoid unintentional overlaps
2558-12-28 15:06 Electoz: doesn't look neat
2558-12-28 15:07 Prospettiva: Alright, I'll fix those with DS too~
2558-12-28 15:08 Electoz: 00:52:143 (7) - What is this slider lol
2558-12-28 15:08 Electoz: the shape is so weird
2558-12-28 15:09 Prospettiva: I'll change it to a kickslider, it does look strange
2558-12-28 15:09 Electoz: 01:11:623 (3) - Not sure if this is rankable tho
2558-12-28 15:09 Electoz: the shape is kinda confusing for beginners
2558-12-28 15:10 Electoz: 01:14:740 (1,1,2,1,1,2,1,1,2,1) - What is the purpose of spamming new combo here?
2558-12-28 15:10 Electoz: 01:18:247 (1) - And why there's no hitsound here?
2558-12-28 15:10 Prospettiva: Aw, that was random, I was copying the pattern but it kept plastering new combo
2558-12-28 15:11 Electoz: 01:34:635 (1) - Mostly kickslider with 2 kicks are not allowed in Easy and Normal
2558-12-28 15:11 Prospettiva: unsure of how to change it
2558-12-28 15:11 Electoz: lol
2558-12-28 15:11 Electoz: Everything I pointed out in Normal
2558-12-28 15:12 Electoz: are just "some" of them
2558-12-28 15:12 Electoz: make sure you get the concept what I'm pointing out
2558-12-28 15:12 Electoz: and apply to your map as much as possible
2558-12-28 15:13 Prospettiva: alright, will do~
2558-12-28 15:14 Electoz: ACTION is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/860390 Enrique Iglesias - Heart Attack [Advanced]]
2558-12-28 15:14 Electoz: 00:05:390 (6) - Looks so dumb lol
2558-12-28 15:14 Electoz: I mean
2558-12-28 15:14 Electoz: there must be something more creative
2558-12-28 15:14 Electoz: than just a kickslider
2558-12-28 15:15 Electoz: 00:17:467 (2,3) - The shape aren't the same lol
2558-12-28 15:15 Prospettiva: well, the more recent modder suggested that I should have two stacking sliders
2558-12-28 15:15 Electoz: try it out
2558-12-28 15:15 Electoz: and we'll see what other says
2558-12-28 15:16 Electoz: 00:17:467 (2,3) - Continuation from above about this thing, I'd suggest you to reshape them
2558-12-28 15:16 Electoz: at least reshape one of it
2558-12-28 15:16 Electoz: then copy-paste
2558-12-28 15:16 Electoz: *one of them
2558-12-28 15:17 Electoz: 00:26:429 (1,1,1) - They don't have the same spacing
2558-12-28 15:17 Electoz: you see that the gap here 00:26:429 (1,1) - is larger than 00:27:208 (1,1) -
2558-12-28 15:17 Electoz: 00:41:623 (1,2,1,2) - These sliders are unrankable
2558-12-28 15:18 Electoz: It's confusing, and no one can play that with hidden lol
2558-12-28 15:18 Electoz: unless you memorized the pattern
2558-12-28 15:18 Prospettiva: seriously?
2558-12-28 15:18 Electoz: at least don't stack them completely
2558-12-28 15:18 Electoz: overlap is fine but don't stack them
2558-12-28 15:19 Prospettiva: alright
2558-12-28 15:20 Electoz: 01:42:428 (8) - the rhythm sounds off
2558-12-28 15:20 Prospettiva: i dread what you're going to say about Insanity XD, considering all that you've checked by now
2558-12-28 15:20 Electoz: make it end here 01:43:207
2558-12-28 15:20 Electoz: and put sth clickable on where the sliderend was
2558-12-28 15:21 Electoz: That's it for Advanced
2558-12-28 15:21 Electoz: hm?
2558-12-28 15:21 Electoz: Insanity?
2558-12-28 15:22 Electoz: You know that I don't mod Insane diff lol
2558-12-28 15:22 Electoz: I'll do a testplay then
2558-12-28 15:22 Prospettiva: Oooh, right, sorry~ Thanks for the help anyways~
2558-12-28 15:22 Prospettiva: nununu
2558-12-28 15:22 Electoz: wanna spec me?
2558-12-28 15:22 Prospettiva: It's fine
2558-12-28 15:22 Electoz: lol
2558-12-28 15:23 Electoz: If I play Insanity in front of your eyes
2558-12-28 15:23 Prospettiva: Some things are like
2558-12-28 15:23 Electoz: It'll give a better perspective
2558-12-28 15:23 Prospettiva: alright, I'll check it out then.
2558-12-28 15:26 Electoz: okay
2558-12-28 15:26 Electoz: that drain in the end
2558-12-28 15:26 Electoz: just made my day
2558-12-28 15:27 Prospettiva: XD
2558-12-28 15:27 Electoz: LOL
2558-12-28 15:27 Electoz: well
2558-12-28 15:27 Electoz: from what I saw while playing
2558-12-28 15:27 Prospettiva: I see a lot of more problems meow
2558-12-28 15:27 Electoz: some parts are lacking in hitsounds
2558-12-28 15:27 Electoz: some patterns are like wtf
2558-12-28 15:27 Electoz: but I like those triangles in last kiai
2558-12-28 15:27 Electoz: but it's a bit too much
2558-12-28 15:27 Prospettiva: there was a missing pattern of triangles
2558-12-28 15:28 Prospettiva: I must've deleted
2558-12-28 15:28 Electoz: lol
2558-12-28 15:28 Prospettiva: anyways, thank you for playing it~
2558-12-28 15:28 Electoz: yeah, I hope that sums up everything
2558-12-28 15:28 Electoz: no problem
2558-12-28 15:28 Electoz: eieiei
2558-12-28 15:28 Electoz: w8
2558-12-28 15:28 Electoz: almost forgot
2558-12-28 15:28 Prospettiva: wut
2558-12-28 15:28 Electoz: well
2558-12-28 15:29 Electoz: those difficulty settings
2558-12-28 15:29 Electoz: are kinda cruel
2558-12-28 15:29 Electoz: LOL
2558-12-28 15:29 Electoz: those AR OD HP settings
2558-12-28 15:29 Electoz: I'll give you a guideline in the forum later
2558-12-28 15:29 Electoz: *guideline link
2558-12-28 15:29 Prospettiva: Well, before, Insanity was 4.5 cs.
2558-12-28 15:29 Electoz: make sure to read it
2558-12-28 15:29 Prospettiva: alrighty
2558-12-28 15:30 Electoz: yeah, that's everything for today
2558-12-28 15:30 Prospettiva: Thanks again~
2558-12-28 15:30 Electoz: np

General
Easy
Normal
Hard
Insane
guineaQ
Hey, I looked at your mapset again,

and I fear that this mapset still does not meet my standards to warrant a standard modding as it has some fundamental rhythm issues within it's difficulties. So I can't- actually, it's more like it will be completely useless to mod normally when the rhythm has major issues and require major remap anyways.

I'll give you two options:
1. You can ask me to mod anyways but you will only get rhythm related feedback
2. You can ask other people to give your more general feedback about the rhythm, and you can call me much later after majority of the rhythm issue has been fixed.

Your call.
Topic Starter
Prospettiva

guineaQ wrote:

Hey, I looked at your mapset again,

and I fear that this mapset still does not meet my standards to warrant a standard modding as it has some fundamental rhythm issues within it's difficulties. So I can't- actually, it's more like it will be completely useless to mod normally when the rhythm has major issues and require major remap anyways.

I'll give you two options:
1. You can ask me to mod anyways but you will only get rhythm related feedback
2. You can ask other people to give your more general feedback about the rhythm, and you can call me much later after majority of the rhythm issue has been fixed.

Your call.
I'll take the rhythm-related feedback as many people have commented on it in #modhelp, so that'll be useful!
guineaQ
OK IM FINALLY HERE FML I TOTALLY FORGOT

Just gonna list out bunch of stuffs so it might look untidy

General stuffz

1. Beat Snap Divisor: You need 1/8 because this song does have 1/8 sounds (technically its 154 bpm 1/4s)
  2. Slider Velocity: Use something higher than 2.0, right now 2.0 is basically 154 1.0 SV which is REALLY REALLY low
  3. Settings: Not really sure about AR 9, because it highly depends on the level of difficulty and placement style, so I'll say keep it for now and revisit this later.
  4. Combo Color (or Colour if you are British): 3rd Combo Color blends really well with black fade, so I'll avoid using that
  5. REMOVE THESE TWO ALREADY THEY SCREW YOUR TIMING UP

Rhythm

Right now your map is basically: LETS SPAM CIRCLES EVERYWHERE
and that doesn't work son

You have multiple choices for rhythm but the most common (and easy) ones are to either base your rhythm on
1. Vocals
2. Drums
3. Prominent Instruments (Piano/Synth/Guitar/Etc.)

Usually you have a mix of everything but in cases where you have to override certain instruments over others it matters.

list of rhythm recommendations with emphasis on drums
  1. 00:03:465 -
  2. 00:06:581 -
    As you can see from two of the above, you base your clicking part of a note on where the drum lies, with one exception that you can find on the second (Find it yourself =w=)
  3. 00:15:932 -
  4. 00:19:049 - This one shouldn't be reused anywhere else since the last bit only happens in this riff
    For ^, you can make the last bit circle streams or 1/8 repeat sliders or just do it like I did
  5. 00:28:400 - This one is heavily based on vocals (most of the piano is ignored)
  6. 00:31:516 - Still heavy on vocals but there is one part that is based on piano (see if you can find it and know why :>)
    Kiai is a bit more complex but that's the fun part isn't it (I changed the NCing interval here cus reasons)
  7. 00:40:867 -
  8. 00:43:984 -
    Now for Kiai, a lot of things are going on at the same time, but keep in mind that if you based majority of your rhythm on drums for non chorus parts, it is only logical to keep it that way for the chorus as well UNLESS your song is fked up and chorus has heavier emphasis on vocals rather than drums- wait I think that's case for this song BUT ANYHOW YOU GET THE POINT
I'm not gonna show more examples cus the song repeats itself =3=
Common Questions regards rhythm
1. Reverse sliders vs Normal stream
Ez. If the sound you are mapping to is weaker than the sound you mapped normal stream with, map it with reverse slider =3=

2. 1/4 sliders vs other 1/4 rhythm
If the rhythm has strong 1/2 beats with 1/4 weak sounds enveloping it, use 1/4 slider spam :D

3. 1/2 slider spam vs 1/2 note spam
This one you gotta decide for yourself =3=

AND THE REST IS EVEN MORE SUBJECTIVE SOOOO I'll end here

you lurk in #modhelp
I lurk in #modhelp
if you want to continue getting mentally harassed on how bad this map is find me there #shotsfired
Topic Starter
Prospettiva

guineaQ wrote:

OK IM FINALLY HERE FML I TOTALLY FORGOT

Just gonna list out bunch of stuffs so it might look untidy

General stuffz

1. Beat Snap Divisor: You need 1/8 because this song does have 1/8 sounds (technically its 154 bpm 1/4s)
  2. Slider Velocity: Use something higher than 2.0, right now 2.0 is basically 154 1.0 SV which is REALLY REALLY low
  3. Settings: Not really sure about AR 9, because it highly depends on the level of difficulty and placement style, so I'll say keep it for now and revisit this later.
  4. Combo Color (or Colour if you are British): 3rd Combo Color blends really well with black fade, so I'll avoid using that
  5. REMOVE THESE TWO ALREADY THEY SCREW YOUR TIMING UP

Rhythm

Right now your map is basically: LETS SPAM CIRCLES EVERYWHERE
and that doesn't work son

You have multiple choices for rhythm but the most common (and easy) ones are to either base your rhythm on
1. Vocals
2. Drums
3. Prominent Instruments (Piano/Synth/Guitar/Etc.)

Usually you have a mix of everything but in cases where you have to override certain instruments over others it matters.

list of rhythm recommendations with emphasis on drums
  1. 00:03:465 -
  2. 00:06:581 -
    As you can see from two of the above, you base your clicking part of a note on where the drum lies, with one exception that you can find on the second (Find it yourself =w=)
  3. 00:15:932 -
  4. 00:19:049 - This one shouldn't be reused anywhere else since the last bit only happens in this riff
    For ^, you can make the last bit circle streams or 1/8 repeat sliders or just do it like I did
  5. 00:28:400 - This one is heavily based on vocals (most of the piano is ignored)
  6. 00:31:516 - Still heavy on vocals but there is one part that is based on piano (see if you can find it and know why :>)
    Kiai is a bit more complex but that's the fun part isn't it (I changed the NCing interval here cus reasons)
  7. 00:40:867 -
  8. 00:43:984 -
    Now for Kiai, a lot of things are going on at the same time, but keep in mind that if you based majority of your rhythm on drums for non chorus parts, it is only logical to keep it that way for the chorus as well UNLESS your song is fked up and chorus has heavier emphasis on vocals rather than drums- wait I think that's case for this song BUT ANYHOW YOU GET THE POINT
I'm not gonna show more examples cus the song repeats itself =3=
Common Questions regards rhythm
1. Reverse sliders vs Normal stream
Ez. If the sound you are mapping to is weaker than the sound you mapped normal stream with, map it with reverse slider =3=

2. 1/4 sliders vs other 1/4 rhythm
If the rhythm has strong 1/2 beats with 1/4 weak sounds enveloping it, use 1/4 slider spam :D

3. 1/2 slider spam vs 1/2 note spam
This one you gotta decide for yourself =3=

AND THE REST IS EVEN MORE SUBJECTIVE SOOOO I'll end here

you lurk in #modhelp
I lurk in #modhelp
if you want to continue getting mentally harassed on how bad this map is find me there #shotsfired
Everything acknowledged, going to try my best and use it to remap it :( :?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.