forum

Making hitsound volumes Independent of each other.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ouranhshc
Basically making the volume of claps, finish, and whistles independent of each other. for example, if I wanted everything except 1 hitsound to remain at the Max volume, but I wanted that 1 hitsound to be lower. I could adjust the volume for that particular hitsound for that section, instead of A) decreasing the overall volume for that section or B) adding a custom hitsound for that section.

You could keep the Volume control for the overall volume, but maybe make a check mark to enable the individual volume controls
Fuuko
I approve of this. Having to make one inherited section for everything is just awfully annoying. Specially for mappers that makes green walls. It's not my case, but many times I have to make an inherited section just to lower one hitsounds' volume.

I suggest it as an option at the own editor screen, instead of having to hit F6 to change it.
peppy
I disagree with this.
FireballFlame
I support this.
I found t's a pain making custom hitsounds the right volume to go together with the default ones (which are quiet loud).

If that won't get implemented, I'd at least like to have a global hitsound volume slider. Not like the current one that resets all the individual values from the timing sections, but one that is multiplied on top of them, so you can change the global hitsound volume without going through every single timing section.
Topic Starter
ouranhshc

peppy wrote:

I disagree with this.
i'm guessing its denied then?
mekadon_old
50/50 :)
NatsumeRin
in fact i don't see a need of this.
edit .wav file and use timing sections could solve. and this won't improve sth if i don't understand that wrong.
Numbbi
Meh. I don't think that there is any need for this.
FireballFlame

NatsumeRin wrote:

in fact i don't see a need of this.
edit .wav file and use timing sections could solve. and this won't improve sth if i don't understand that wrong.
Editing the .wav file means you may have to include even the default hitsounds in your .osz. Which would be stupid for players who use custom skins. It would also make the file larger.
And making hundreds of timing sections, for one note each? No thanks. Especially since there is no global volume slider as explained in my previous post.
mm201
Requires some rather ungainly changes to .osu files and offers minimal benefits.
Zekira
FireballFlame
Then what about that global slider? If you really need to make many timing sections for different volumes, there would at least a way to scale them all at once.
NatsumeRin

FireballFlame wrote:

Then what about that global slider? If you really need to make many timing sections for different volumes, there would at least a way to scale them all at once.
in fact i like the "create 500 timing sections" idea. (every 1/2, every1/1, or sth.)