forum

Mafia Mod Queue [On Hold]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zexion

Mafia Mod Queue

Welcome, this is the topic where all discussion and organization about modding mafia games will take place. Any comments, criticism, or suggestions on how to make the process better are welcomed and encouraged.

Currently, we are hoping to have two games (a normal game plus a minigame) going at any time. If the demand is high, a third game could be possible to host. If you wish to have a game queued up, post in here and you will be added to the list.

Keep in mind that you are not expected to be completely ready when you sign-up for the queue. Whenever your set-up is ready to be played, post in this topic and it will be marked as ready with a red asterisk (*). Minis will be marked as ready with a blue asterisk (*) Whenever a new game is ready to be played, the next person to host a game will be the first person with a marked set-up in the list. If you are marked as ready and wish to be unmarked, simply say so and you will be unmarked in this post, same thing the other way around. People ready to start a game will be announced in this thread.

• 1) Adding a new game: When you join the queue, try to include as much of the following information as you can:
  1. Normal or Mini Queue (Games will not be put on the mini queue if not specified, and must follow at least two of the three criteria specified on 2.)
  2. Name of the Set-Up
  3. Amount of Players
  4. Type: Normal/Open/Semi-Open/Closed/Theme/UPick
  5. Backup/Co-Moderators (If Any)
  6. Is it a bastard game?
  • 2) Mini Game Requirements: Any game which fit two of these criteria can be run as a mini game:
  1. 2.1) Set-ups that are meant to be fairly short in length.
  2. 2.2) Set-ups that have a small player count. (9p or less)
  3. 2.3) Set-ups that are easy to understand for new people, meaning no roles or mechanics that are non-standard.
  • 3) Queue Limit:
  1. There are currently no limits to how many games you can have in the queue at one time, but please try to limit it to games you are definitely planning to host. Having eight different set-up ideas in the queue when you're not planning to use all of them makes the queue messy.
  • 4) Addendums:
  1. 4.1) If one person has multiple set-ups marked, they can be substituted for each other when they have the ability to start a new game.
  2. 4.2) Games will now be listed in the queue as bastard or not, if they are it will be displayed in red text.
  3. 4.3) Games that are accepting pre-ins will be noted in blue next to the game. Pre-ins are to be made by PM'ing that game's mod.
--------------------------------------------------

• Upcoming Mafia Games
  1. 1. Lucky Blitz Confusion Mafia --- 9p --- Theme --- Setsuen (Mod)
  2. 2. Slipstream Mafia --- 9p --- Theme --- AutoMedic (Mod)
  3. 3. Touhou Mafia - Shining Shooting Star --- 11p --- Theme --- Sakura (Mod)
  4. 4. Steins;Gate Mafia --- 12p --- Theme --- rEdo (Mod)[/color]
  5. 5. Mismatched Flavor Mafia 2 --- ?p --- ??? --- GuyInFreezer (Mod)
  6. 6. *Indie Games UPick --- ?p --- UPick --- -[Jess]- (Mod)
  • Upcoming Mini Games
  1. 1. Persona 4 --- 7p --- Closed --- Magic Bomb (Mod)
  2. 2. Invisible Inc. Mafia --- 9p --- Theme --- Sakura (Mod)
  3. 3. "Fun for the whole family" --- 4p --- Open --- metal sonic1 (Mod)
  4. 3. *Double Day Unlimited --- 9p --- Open --- Hika (Mod) (Accepting Pre-Ins)
--------------------------------------------------

1. CalignoBot
  2. Zexion
Topic Starter
Zexion
Reserved for evil purposes
Sakura
imma change my Legacy of the Lunatic Mafia touhou game for Touhou Upick III and increase the ammount of players to 12.
Topic Starter
Zexion

Sakura wrote:

imma change my Legacy of the Lunatic Mafia touhou game for Touhou Upick III and increase the ammount of players to 12.
Understood, I marked it ready too.
Navizel
Another Touhou Upick oh yes
Frostings
/in to mod an 11p closed theme game
It's called The Eleventh Hour and will have fun animal flavors :oops:

I'm finalizing the setup now and making the flavor
Topic Starter
Zexion

Frostings wrote:

/in to mod an 11p closed theme game
It's called The Eleventh Hour and will have fun animal flavors :oops:

I'm finalizing the setup now and making the flavor
Added.
MBomb
I guess someone beat me to it in getting a GM xD

Also I'm trying to finish flavour on the persona 4 mafia, should be nearly done, I think it's properly balanced now with the help of Hika.

Oh also it can be classed as a mini, considering it has only 7 players and no non-standard roles.
Topic Starter
Zexion

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

I guess someone beat me to it in getting a GM xD

Also I'm trying to finish flavour on the persona 4 mafia, should be nearly done, I think it's properly balanced now with the help of Hika.

Oh also it can be classed as a mini, considering it has only 7 players and no non-standard roles.
Moved, but I'm not sure if we have the demand for a mini right now.
Navizel
Depends on when that's going to be ready. Not in the mood to play right now but I'm in maybe in December so that's six left.
Sakura
/in to mod mini Invisible Inc. Mafia 9p (Not ready) (Theme)

Game-Specifics:
Day deadlines will be variable (read below), Nightless
At day start Security Level will be 0, every 24 hours or by certain actions Security Level may go up or down.
- If Security Level stays at 6 for 24 hours Day will immediately end, whoever has the highest ammount of votes will be lynched at this point (Plurality Lynch)
- Scum Faction will be empowered by the Security Level.
Every 7 real life days taken for day deadlines 24 hours in-game will pass, if 72 hours in-game pass before the last scum is dead Mafia wins.
If a day ends before Security Level reaches 6 it will take 24 extra hours for it to increase via time to Lv 1, for every level below 6. (Example: If Day 1 ends with Security Level 5, Day 2 needs 48 hours for security Level to go from 0 to 1).
Game consists of 2 Agents vs 7 people of Agents/Guards combined. (Flavor is irrelevant to alignment)
DakeDekaane
/in to mod another Bastard mini (not ready yet).
Topic Starter
Zexion

Sakura wrote:

/in to mod mini Invisible Inc. Mafia 9p (Not ready) (Theme)

Game-Specifics:
Day deadlines will be variable (read below), Nightless
At day start Security Level will be 0, every 24 hours or by certain actions Security Level may go up or down.
- If Security Level stays at 6 for 24 hours Day will immediately end, whoever has the highest ammount of votes will be lynched at this point (Plurality Lynch)
- Scum Faction will be empowered by the Security Level.
Every 7 real life days taken for day deadlines 24 hours in-game will pass, if 72 hours in-game pass before the last scum is dead Mafia wins.
If a day ends before Security Level reaches 6 it will take 24 extra hours for it to increase via time to Lv 1, for every level below 6. (Example: If Day 1 ends with Security Level 5, Day 2 needs 48 hours for security Level to go from 0 to 1).
Game consists of 2 Agents vs 7 people of Agents/Guards combined. (Flavor is irrelevant to alignment)
Added.

DakeDekaane wrote:

/in to mod another Bastard mini (not ready yet).
How many players? (Added anyways).

Also I'm going to change my Post Restiction Mafia to something else which I haven't decided yet. Any change I make I'll post it.
Sakura

Sakura wrote:

^
Addenum, if you're pre-inning please send me 3 Touhou characters in order of preference, anything goes from Touhou 1 to Touhou 15, official games only.
DakeDekaane
Whoops, I forgot to put it. 7 players.
Topic Starter
Zexion
I'm going to add another addendum noting games that are accepting pre-ins, and for pre-ining to send a PM to that game's mod.

Added the number of players to Dake's game.
Frostings
My Eleventh Hour setup is more or less ready :oops:
Ace Timing
Medical Mafia II should probably be moved to Mini, and is also a bastard game, which I forgot to mention.

Tee hee
Topic Starter
Zexion

Ace Timing wrote:

Medical Mafia II should probably be moved to Mini, and is also a bastard game, which I forgot to mention.

Tee hee
Medical is not a bastard game, because even tho you don't know your sanity you still know what to expect. Also that would be like saying Dethy is a bastard setup.

Moved.
Ace Timing

Zexion wrote:

Ace Timing wrote:

Tee hee
Medical is not a bastard game, because even tho you don't know your sanity you still know what to expect. Also that would be like saying Dethy is a bastard setup.

Moved.
buh, buh muh wiki: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Medical_Mafia
show more