forum

Fifty's Tablet Covers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fifty

Reviews

Kipley wrote:

Recently got mine, the cover itself is really nice. . . nice quality picture and nicely laminated. The size was slightly off, but that's easily fixable?(at home) and I know Fifty will be fixing it for the future. The adhesive underneath is just some sort of good double sided tape right now but he's looking into changing it right now.

Keep in mind mine was a "review" and "prototype" cover.

I'd recommend purchasing from Fifty, quality and affordable.

Mahogany wrote:

Ayy, I don't know how to lead into reviews.
Feel

I'd say a tablet cover is worth it for the feel alone. It feels really smooth and pleasant to slide my hand around on a laminated surface instead of on the normal tablet surface. Oftentimes my knuckle would hurt after playing for too long because of the way I hold my pen, but with the surface of a tablet cover, I don't have to worry about this anymore.

Also, while I hover normally, dragging is also a lot easier and lot more pleasant because there's less friction between the pen nib and the laminated surface.

Look

Sadly, I was fairly disappointed with the image quality of the cover. The colors were faded and dull, which saddened me since the main appeal of my image was the vibrancy of the colors. Compare the original picture with a picture I took of my tablet cover (This may not be an accurate depiction of the exact quality, due to my phone, but the tablet image is noticeably lower quality than the original, trust me)

However, this is likely irrelevant now, because:

Fifty wrote:

Just a quick update here, I managed to secure a much better printer, and that means all new covers will be of a higher quality!
I'd recommend you pursue the opinion of someone who has received a more recent model of cover.

Customer Service

Fifty seems like a nice enough person when I was talking to him, but I didn't receive any notifications when my cover was shipped! D:
pls no do again! Admittedly I expected it to have been shipped when I had no contact for almost a week, but it would have been nice to have been told that my item was on its way to me.

Assuming he sent it immediately after his last message he sent me, it took 6 days to ship to my house in Ireland.

That's all I could think to say for now. I'll add more to this if more comes to mind. Overall, I'd recommend a cover just for gameplay enhancements alone.

Yauxo wrote:

So, here's some sort of review. Gonna steal the three main categories from Mahogany.

Feel

The cover feels pretty damn good (like, extremely good). It's a smooth surface and moving my hand on top of it is no problem at all (basically what you'd expect from something laminated). Dragging my pen on it also feels much better, as has less friction than an uncovered tablet surface, but enough to be accurate. I dont drag while playing, so I cant really say anything about 5*+ drag movement.

(Also, for those that never had a cover before and wonder if the tablet still detects different pressure levels; Yes, it still detects these properly)

Anyway, my opinion is basically the same as Mahogany's. It's probably worth just for the feel. Not having to feel that weird uncovered surface is hnnnng.

Look

Well, here's where the review copy hit me, I guess.
The colours are somewhat washed out and the very bottom has a small white stripe on it (basically uncut leftovers from a bigger piece of printpaperthing). Not a big issue for me, as it's hardly noticable due to my picture being red/whiteish and since I dont care much about these things. I can see this being an issue for others though.
The quality besides the colours and the white stripe are pretty good though, the picture does look like the picture I sent in. No pixelderps or similar picture-ruining stuff.

Though, Fifty has already said that the quality has improved, so I guess the negatives wont be happening in the future anymore?

Customer Service

Basically what Mahogany
Fifty seems like a nice enough person when I was talking to him, but I didn't receive any notifications when my cover was shipped! D:
pls no do again! Admittedly I expected it to have been shipped when I had no contact for almost a week, but it would have been nice to have been told that my item was on its way to me.
In case youre from Germany and consider buying one; Ive contacted Fifty 12 days ago and it arrived today; USA -> Germany took 12 days. Zum Glück hat sich der Zoll nicht gemeldet \:D/

Overall, Im pretty happy with this one. The colour and the cutting could be improved (might already be improved) but it feels really damn good to move/play on this. If only I didnt have a Carpal Tunnel Syndrome right now...
Would recommend, especially for the price.

Isshx wrote:

Got my cover yesterday, guess i'll also steal the categories to keep it simple :D

Feel

As said before, it feels really good. I personally sweat alot when i play osu, which doesnt seem much of an issue with the surface, unlike the surface of the tablet where it got my hand kinda "stuck" on it often, with this surface i can easily keep sliding over it. Do note that the surface is MUCH smoother than a naked surface, so it might take a day to get used to, especially if you use a very small area size.

Look

I suppose this is the important part since the reviews above me mention that the color is washed out ect. I have to say that im very pleased with my cover, ive applied an image above, but unfortunately i had alot of trouble getting my camera to focus, so its not the best image quality. The colors however seem much richer in my cover than the 2 above, probably because my cover was done with his new printer. There are some white spots in the image if you hold a flash or some light near it, but normally you wont see them, so this doesnt bother me personally at all.

Customer Service

Pretty much the same as the 2 reviews above me, fifty is a nice person to talk to, and he'll help with whatever he can, however i was not notified when my cover was sent, but i assumed that it would be sent within 24 hours, which it did. My cover was sent tuesday and arrived on saturday. (5 days from US to the Netherlands) This is personally a big thing for me, as i didnt feel like i wanted to wait 2-3 weeks for my cover, and fify kept to his word and sent it out within 24 hours.

I can honestly say that for the price, a cover from fifty is more than double worth it. Feels so much better than the surface of a naked tablet.

Giving out 3 review copies for free!
- One will be given to a skilled player (rank 1k or better) Claimed by A loli
- One to a popular beatmapper (100k map plays or better) Claimed by Yauxo
- and one to a well known community member (1,500 posts or better) Claimed by Mahogany

Contact me through one of the available methods for your free cover!
buny
Do the covers allow you to glide your hand over them while playing, and how well do they work with sweat? Also, how durable are they in terms of sweat and friction, as well as estimated lifespan?

Also, would you send a review copy to NZ?
-ryusakihatsue-
wow cool
chainpullz

a loli wrote:

Do the covers allow you to glide your hand over them while playing, and how well do they work with sweat? Also, how durable are they in terms of sweat and friction, as well as estimated lifespan?

Also, would you send a review copy to NZ?
Oh good, someone whose 2k+ posts were more than mindless "play more" showed up to claim the community member review copy.
Topic Starter
Fifty
the more dry your hands are, the easier skin will glide across them. in terms of durability, they are more scratch resistant than a Wacom Intuos tablet. As they are made of plastic, sweat and liquids are not an issue.
buny

chainpullz wrote:

Oh good, someone whose 2k+ posts were more than mindless "play more" showed up to claim the community member review copy
nah, I'll admit at least 50% of my posts are shitposts. I do try to make my posts as informative as I can if I actually make decent posts tho

Fifty wrote:

the more dry your hands are, the easier skin will glide across them. in terms of durability, they are more scratch resistant than a Wacom Intuos tablet. As they are made of plastic, sweat and liquids are not an issue.
I'm interested, would you send a review copy to NZ?
Topic Starter
Fifty

a loli wrote:

I'm interested, would you send a review copy to NZ?
Sure will. PM me the required info please =D
autoteleology
Will you put... any... image on it?
Topic Starter
Fifty

Philosofikal wrote:

Will you put... any... image on it?
Yes, as long as my having the image doesn't violate any laws.
Kert
I can be a worldwide shipping tester
Thought it will cost you a spacecraft to do this
Topic Starter
Fifty

Kert wrote:

I ship anywhere outside of the US (on earth) for only $1 extra. Unfortunately I can't ship these to other planets.
Vuelo Eluko
2000 posts is nothing
best to raise the requirement to at least 4596
deadbeat

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

2000 posts is nothing
i can vouch for this :p
iderekmc

Fifty wrote:

Kert wrote:

I ship anywhere outside of the US (on earth) for only $1 extra. Unfortunately I can't ship these to other planets.
but i live in mars, can u speak to NASA in case u can send me 1?
Topic Starter
Fifty

iderekmc wrote:

but i live in mars, can u speak to NASA in case u can send me 1?
Shipping might take a bit longer than usual, I believe the first shuttles aren't going up for another 15 or so years.
tryaway
Waiting for a review and then I will decide to order or not :D
Endaris
I would buy this if I had a tablet kappa
I'm curious about buny's review
-JaZe-
I kinda want one.

Is it really $5, including shipping?
Topic Starter
Fifty

-JaZe- wrote:

I kinda want one.

Is it really $5, including shipping?
That's right!

Endaris wrote:

I'm curious about buny's review
I'll quote the reviews in the OP once they come in. Still have another 2 free copies to be claimed though.
deletemyaccount
This looks pretty good! The price also seems right (much cheaper than someone else).

Will definitely look into picking one up if the review gives an all clear.
show more