forum

Force fixing of AIMod related problems upon submission

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Larto
Basically, I'd like AIMod to force fixing of a few things before a map is submitted. Of course not things like every spacing issue AIMod mentions, but 100% unrankable things, like...

1. Unsnapped Notes
2. Missing Backgrounds
3. Preview Point
4. mp3 bitrate too high or too low

Feel free to add more to the list as you see fit.

That way, modders can't get lazy kudosu by just pointing out that a preview point is missing from the map or that notes are unsnapped.
More importantly, it would keep bubbles from being popped for things like these, which is always terribly frustrating.
Xgor
Support chain!
Jarby
ALL OF MY SUPPORT

Also as jericho said in IRC, mp3 quality.
Garven
Support~
lepidopodus
Support, or at least warning mappers about these before submission.
jericho2442
totally agree and support this.

we was talking about it on IRC and thought it would be a good addition to AImod

and if possable if it could check for mp3s what break the bitrate rule
NoHitter
Support too

On a side note, I'm thinking of the new mappers who don't know anything about mapping, including preview points, etc.
But I guess browsing the forums or asking for help in IRC would do?
Feno_old
Support

Also maybe add like...
Bad background resolutions(which can turn out horrible when osu! resizes it)
Too many slider speed changes?
Too high SB load(not sure if that's 100% unrankable though)
Feno_old

NoHItter wrote:

Support too

On a side note, I'm thinking of the new mappers who don't know anything about mapping, including preview points, etc.
But I guess browsing the forums or asking for help in IRC would do?
Maybe AIMod could link to a part of the FAQ that mentions the issue being reported?
That may require some rewriting of the FAQ though.(which really should be done anyways)

I may have misunderstood what you meant though.
Real1
Support... But not forced. A warning would be nice though.
Jarby
Forced was probably the wrong word to choose. More like you won't be allowed to upload unless you comply with certain AIMod criteria.
jericho2442
the point of it being forced is because alot of ppl dont care about what AImod says, and would upload with them problems anyway

i see no reason to not force it since all these changes would be forced by BAT/MAT/Modders anyway

its just taking one step away to make the modding and ranking process that bit better.

if this aint forced it really takes the point away :(
anonymous_old
Larto, how do you "force fixing of" a missing background?

Real1 wrote:

Support... But not forced. A warning would be nice though.
^

When you submit:

Dialog wrote:

AIMod has detected the following possible issues with your map:
Miniature AIMod list with auto-correctable issues

Would you like to auto-correct these issues?

[Yes] [No]
When the user selects "No", don't warn again until a different/new issue arises. (Perhaps this behaviour needs to be triggered with a checkbox like "don't inform me of these issues again".)

(Unsnapped notes would fall into this category.)

Or:

Dialog wrote:

AIMod has detected the following issues with your map:
Miniature AIMod list with non-auto-correctable issues against the ranking criteria

Are you sure you want to submit your map?

[Yes] [No]
Always show this dialog if there are any major issues.

(A missing preview point or background would fall into this category.)

Note that in either case, the user is still allowed to submit. (Knowing peppy, he may prevent submission for the latter dialog...)

Make this opt-in, not opt-out.
mm201
The WHOLE POINT of setting a preview point is avoiding having the machine do it for you. If this is added as an option, all the noobs will pick it, making life harder for us finding bad preview points.

Larto wrote:

More importantly, it would keep bubbles from being popped for things like these, which is always terribly frustrating.
You're implying the mappers are actually *going to run this*. Which is about the same chance as them simply opening AiMod, seeing the errors, and fixing them themselves.

Support for strager's passive aimod warning on submit. where "support" = 30-something down on my todo list
Derekku
I'm not sure about AIMod automatically fixing things, but some sort of warning before submitting would be nice.
jericho2442
dudes.....by forced he means "forces YOU to do these things" before AImod will LET the map upload

the same way as it wont let you upload to pending without 2 diffs
Topic Starter
Larto

strager wrote:

Larto, how do you "force fixing of" a missing background?
Maybe "force" was the wrong word. I intended it to be like "YOU DO NOT UPLOAD THIS MAP WITHOUT MY PERMISSION ASSHOLE", but not automatically fixing it.

EDIT: yeah what jericho said
mm201
Then it must either be a tiny subset of this list or I'd never agree to such a thing.
jericho2442
maps with both 1/3 and 1/4 dont show up as "unsnapped notes" by AImod

since eveytime ive used it, it noticed the difference for all the snaps and still shows that everything is snapped correctly
mm201
Also, it really should let you upload to Help anyway... the same as the 2+ difficulty thing.
show more