Tempo Trainee
8 posts
http://osusearch.com/

Hello everyone!

This is a project that I have been working on since last summer. I actually already released it to the public about 3 months ago, but never got around to making a forum post for some reason. Also my first post to the forums, so hopefully I didn't screw anything up.

This site aims to fill in the missing gaps of the official search, mainly searching by difficulties and actually getting what you search for (try searching for the artist "wa." on the official one)

Screenshots

Features
  • Constructing complicated search queries using filters not available on the main website (eg. stars, mapper, difficulty name)
  • Searching for exact matches by wrapping them in quotes (eg. for the artist xi you can just add quotes like this "xi". Works for title, artist, source, mapper and difficulty name)
  • Searching for mapper by both the mapper field and any beatmap difficulties matching the format: <mapper name>'s <rest of diff name>
  • Ordering results by fields (eg. most favorites or shortest play length, default is latest released)
  • Sharing specific queries for easy recommendations (eg. http://osusearch.com/search/?statuses=Ranked&ar=(9.00,9.00))
  • Ignoring beatmapsets so that they don't show up on your searches (more on this later)

Here is a quick legend of the beatmaps, however it should be pretty self explanatory. If you don't know what something on the site means, try hovering over it for tooltips!

Ignoring beatmaps
Since many people here probably already have lots of maps, and would like to find some new ones to play, I've created a script that adds all the beatmapsets in your Songs folder to your ignore list.
To use this feature, you must first register, and then head over to http://osusearch.com/account/?beatmap-tutorial for more instructions.
You can also just ignore beatmaps from the search results.

Tips
  • YOU NEED TO BE LOGGED IN TO osu.ppy.sh TO USE THE DOWNLOAD BEATMAP BUTTON
  • Clicking the title of a beatmap will get you to the osu.ppy.sh page of the beatmap
  • Clicking the mapper will get you to the osu.ppy.sh page of the mapper
  • Depending on your screen resolution, some of the "less important" difficulties might be hidden. You can view them by clicking the view beatmapset button (...)
  • You can filter with Mania keys by using the CS filter (eg. cs=(4,4) will get you 4 key maps). I'll make this more obvious in the future
  • If when you click the download button nothing happens, either you are not logged in to the osu! website or the map has been deleted (try clicking on the title to see if the beatmap still exists)

Known bugs
  • Maps that have been deleted from osu! still show up on searches
  • Beatmapset modal not always working on lower resolutions

Thats all for now, all comments and feedback welcome! If you need help with the beatmap ignoring script, let me know!
Last edited by Rivenation on , edited 2 times in total.
Rhythm Incarnate
781 posts
nice job, I always recommend players to use this website to filter specific beatmaps

keep up the good work!
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Tempo Trainee
8 posts
Thanks for spreading the word! :)
Beat Clicker
77 posts
add search by keycount for mania pls?
Whats in the box?
Curiosity leads to heresy. *Blam*

Tempo Trainee
8 posts
Storm2344 wrote:
add search by keycount for mania pls?

You can use the CS filter, I'll make it more obvious in the future.

For example 4-Key maps:
http://osusearch.com/search/?statuses=Ranked&modes=Mania&cs=(4.00,4.00)
Rhythm Incarnate
3,860 posts
I spread the word too, however I noticed that there's no option to search for tags which specifically shows when you want to search for something like Jump Practice Maps or similar.
Tempo Trainee
8 posts
Endaris wrote:
I spread the word too, however I noticed that there's no option to search for tags which specifically shows when you want to search for something like Jump Practice Maps or similar.

Unfortunately, tags aren't provided by the API so this isn't possible yet.
Combo Commander
304 posts
I love this! Awesome and super handy
Tempo Trainee
8 posts
SparKticas wrote:
I love this! Awesome and super handy

Thanks, glad it was useful to you!
Rhythm Incarnate
781 posts
Rivenation wrote:

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Rhythm Incarnate
3,860 posts
Deimos wrote:
Rivenation wrote:

Oh my god *throws osu!coins*
Now the only reason left to use the official website will be checking Top50.
Whistle Blower
16 posts
this should be integrated into the jizz
hue
Tempo Trainee
8 posts
Deimos wrote:
Rivenation wrote:

Yep, asked peppy about it on slack and he was nice enough to add it! I'll be implementing this when I have some free time.

Smilyt1 wrote:
this should be integrated into the jizz

peppy did say that he wants to improve the official search with osu!next, not sure when it'll come out though.
Rhythm Rookie
1 posts
This program is just what I need for using OvO
Thanks for sharing this program and I could find maps which has higher stars than that the system has recommended to me
Cymbal Sounder
47 posts
YASSSS. i just made a feature request to use the ingame filters (ar=10) and then i found this XD. i might as well just delete the request lol love it!
Why am i so bad for my rank

Reply 25 posts jump | 1, 2  next