forum

[resolved] Make osu sensitivity the same as desktop sensitivity?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
catron44
Problem Details:

I am a dumb person, and I want to make my osu sensitivity the exact same as my desktop, preferably with raw input on.

osu! version: 20151016.8 (latest)
Trosk-
If you set your mouse sensitivity to 1x it will be the same as on your desktop.

Topic Starter
catron44

Trosk- wrote:

If you set your mouse sensitivity to 1x it will be the same as on your desktop.
Correct me if im wrong, but Raw Input bypasses windows sensitivity, therefore giving me a different sensitivity result in game? This certainly feels like the case switching between desktop and game.
VeilStar
That's correct. However, raw input with a sensitivity of 1x in-game is the same sensitivity as in windows if you disable its nonsense.
Go to the Control Panel and set the view by settings to small icons, then open the mouse settings and set it to these settings.

The checkbox turns of accelation and setting the speed to the 6th tick (in the middle) won't scale your input device's sensitivity.
This should feel the exact same as 1x sensitivity and raw input in osu!.
Topic Starter
catron44
Update:

I think the solution was to let my mouse hotkey switch between 2000 DPI (my desktop setting with 7/11 windows sens), to 2333 DPI (which calculates to be the same true sensitivity with 6/11 windows sens(which should be the same as raw input, as it is the default windows sens)).

So basically, if raw input has the same sensitivity as 6/11 default windows sensitivity (which gets bypassed) then the problem is solved. Can anyone confirm this?

Update again:

Or alternatively I could have had DPI permanently at 2333, windows sensitivity permanently at 6, and raw input off?
VeilStar

catron44 wrote:

I think the solution was to let my mouse hotkey switch between 2000 DPI (my desktop setting with 7/11 windows sens), to 2333 DPI (which calculates to be the same true sensitivity with 6/11 windows sens(which should be the same as raw input, as it is the default windows sens)).
That's a really round-about way of getting to it. See my post above. Besides, if you can change the DPI of your mouse, you should probably just be using the mouse settings from the screenshot I posted above and a 1x sensitivity in-game and adjust your mouse DPI instead. Raw input or not shouldn't make a difference in this case.

catron44 wrote:

So basically, if raw input has the same sensitivity as 6/11 default windows sensitivity (which gets bypassed) then the problem is solved. Can anyone confirm this?
If you don't have the 'enhance pointer precision' setting enabled in the windows mouse settings, and are using a sensitivity of exactly 1 in-game, then yes, that's correct.

catron44 wrote:

Or alternatively I could have had DPI permanently at 2333, windows sensitivity permanently at 6, and raw input off?
Why would you do that? Read my previous post.
Topic Starter
catron44
thanks so much for explaining all that. Its all good
VeilStar
I take it this can be marked resolved then.
RiftWalke[R]

VeilStar wrote:

I take it this can be marked resolved then.

Unfortunately not, you have probably solved how to make all players play with 1 osu sense and 6 default windows, not anything different however. I am looking for a way to make my osu, overwatch and desktop sense the same, u could argue by saying oh well overwatch is 3d windows and osu are 2d u cant match anything as it is like converting inch to degrees but thats supposedly possible in math. However even if i were to find my desktop to osu sensitivity i'd be sufficiently satisfied as i will have a base ground to match then my osu to overwatch sense on its my own. My osu sense now is about 0.65 and DPI 800 but it does not really make exactly the same as windows 4/11 mouse setting and no acceleration im looking for the exact same.
DragonV
Now I have the same problem but your tips dont helped. Yay
THAT_otaku
Please don't respond to 5yr old posts, create a new thread for your issue in the help forum.