forum

Spinner clear sound effect and countdown

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TraceTheKriken
Spinner clear sound effect
How about a sound effect for clearing spinner (not when it ends)? I got this idea from EBA, there is also sound effect when you complete spinner.

I don't think that would be too hard to add.

Countdown

I think it would be good idea that you would be able make to make "are you ready?" appear 1-4 (or more) beats earlied but "3, 2, 1, GO!" will come in same time
this would be useful in authentic maps if you don't want to storyboard (like in Rock This Town), or if song has too big BPM "are you ready" and "3" overlaps each other
Torran

TraceTheKriken wrote:

Spinner clear sound effect
Duplicate of this but that topic is currently in the completed request forum where it's not supposed to be.

TraceTheKriken wrote:

Countdown
There's this new feature called the countdown offset for countdowns that come in early.
You can also manually add in the countdown.
By the way, I request that the max offset be 4 instead of 3.
Derekku
Moved the old Spinner clear request out of Completed.

Have you tried half-time countdown, Trace, to see if that sounds any better?

soradg123 wrote:

So a measure early? Why?
Topic Starter
TraceTheKriken

soradg123 wrote:

There's this new feature called the countdown offset for countdowns that come in early.
You can also manually add in the countdown.
Countdown
Maby you didn't understand what I tried to say
In this way It sounds better in some of the songs and useful for those who doesn't want to add storyboard or sucks at it (like me)

deadbeat
why would the are you ready need to be moved back?
Topic Starter
TraceTheKriken

deadbeat wrote:

Becasue in some of the authentic maps it is needed and it might sound better in some of the songs also it is useful if "are you ready" overlaps with "3" (usually happens if song has big BPM)
Kitsunemimi

TraceTheKriken wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

Becasue in some of the authentic maps it is needed and it might sound better in some of the songs also it is useful if "are you ready" overlaps with "3" (usually happens if song has big BPM)
....That seems like an odd case... I don't think it sounds that much better not overlapping, I personally prefer the sense of rhythm from the overlapping.

In the case of your authentic map, I think it would be better if you just put it in manually.
Topic Starter
TraceTheKriken

Harris73 wrote:

In the case of your authentic map, I think it would be better if you just put it in manually.
If you mean by storyboarding, then:

TraceTheKriken wrote:

useful for those who doesn't want to add storyboard or sucks at it (like me)
deadbeat
its never to late to learn how to SB
Topic Starter
TraceTheKriken

deadbeat wrote:

its never to late to learn how to SB
I have tried but it was no use. All parts screwed up itself (went in front of or behind some sprites) and when I try to fix it some other sprites screws up again so I can't make them to keep in their own layers
mm201
Edit: I was wrong about both? Anyway #1 is coming soon. #2 probably not.

For #2, I was thinking of this myself in a different way. In EBA, it's the "ready" which is synced to the beat rather than the "are". Furthermore, the anticipatory nature of human speech makes it not so great using reactive voice samples for the countdown. All of them should really be just a bit early to sound best. To this end, I was thinking of allowing the skinner to adjust the millisecond timing of their individual countdown samples.

...but this is a very low priority to me.