forum

DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puffles
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, June 22, 2008 at 1:35:17 PM

Artist: DragonForce
Title: Through the Fire and Flames
BPM: 200
Filesize: 10669kb
Play Time: 07:19
Difficulties Available:
  1. Expert (4.89 stars, 966 notes)
Download: DragonForce - Through the Fire and Flames
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Right before the countdown to the song begins, you'll be asked, "Are You Ready?" The answer is "no."

This is hardcore stuff here, pal. You're not cheering on a student trying to study for his exam, or a doctor trying to fix a microwave. You're cheering on warriors of metal, fighting hard, fighting on for the steel, through the wastelands evermore. Do you really have what it takes? I don't think so.

I've even set all the sliders to the default Normal settings, and this level still gets 5 stars. Why? Because it's just that bloody hardcore, mate. This is the very definition of hot-blooded rhythm soul. This is Osu Hero 3: Legends of Ouendan.

So go sit in a corner and wait until I release Normal mode. Or, if you do decide to try this out, don't say I didn't warn you.

---------------
Update 1: I've added a little bit to this. Sorry, I've been busy with other stuff!
Update 2: More stuffs added.
Update 3: Slow section complete! Almost done!
Update 4: Done. ^_^
Update 5: Band name spelling corrected. ^_^;
Saturos
Seems to be working now. Cleaned up the thread, rid of the second thread, and will look this over the map in detail sometime tonight.

I'm going to go ahead and say that this may require an easier difficulty in order to be ranked, though. But being that this is a somewhat epic song now because of GH, perhaps it could be an exception? >>

EDIT: I just noticed the max score for this, since I hadn't looked at it in edit until now. 36m. Holy shit. Not sure if this will be allowable for ranking. It's definately not easy to FC this, but it's certainly not impossible to do so.

Oh, and also; yes it's rounded up to 5 stars, but it's not truly 5 stars. The difference between 4.89 and 5.0 is ridiculous. ;x
MOOMANiBE
It's definitely entertaining (and quite passable) but there are a multitude of reasons this probably isn't rankable, including:

"At least two difficulties per song is highly recommended, especially if your beatmap's difficulty is 4 or more difficulty stars"
Even though it's a "gimmick song" to an extent, having only one (hard) difficulty means it's got a pretty limited audience.

"The song should not be too long! Aim for 2-3minutes maximum."
5-minute songs do get ranked, but it's rare and they tend to be contested. This song is seven minutes long. <.<;;

And lastly of all, yeah, 32 million for a full combo? Peppy doesn't like it when songs go above -ten- million. He'd probably explode if this got ranked with such high point potential.
awp
To be fair, he allows songs above 10m so long as it's difficult to obtain that score.

But yeah 7 minutes long is a bit much. This is more of a gimmicky, tournament style map.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Saturos
This is definately a 'you've earned it' map, don't get me wrong, but it's also definately possible to FC this one, rather than maps like marisa/wizards, since this map actually makes sense/timed correctly/possible to hit every beat. I may go and try to FC it this weekend, actually, since it's pretty fun to play. ;x
machol30
Love it!! I definitely approve! Very intense and epic! I ALMOST cleared it on first attempt, but WAIT!! Freaking LAG took over and failed at the last few seconds! I had almost health, dang it! Not cool! :evil: This is also after playing through Kita Saitama2000 [Taiko] a couple times with insane MODs... so my arm is kind of hurting at the moment... VERY epic sliders there! I give them an A+! ;) awesome job!

edit: and actually, I doubt anyone has that ability to actually FC this without any -decrease difficulty- MODs, because of those confusing sliders there.

edit2: and on response of MOOMaNiBE, this would actually be a very good multiplayer map! ;)
James
7mins?
/me nukes
LuigiHann
Then I say go with plan B, which is to trim the mp3 using audacity or something.
James
so why the removal of nuke?
Topic Starter
Puffles
Hm? The nuke icon is still there.

I re-uploaded the map so that I could play it in multiplayer.

Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
parapara isnt going to be ranked, id delete this map if this 7 minute map is going to be ranked.
Saturos
Not saying it's going to be ranked. It's just not nuke worthy, either.
LuigiHann
I added the little fire icon instead. I dunno. Nuke just means "do not rank this," it isn't necessarily an insult. Isn't Max Forever similarly nuked? Is there any reason why Parapara isn't nuked? We could agree to use a different icon, like this fire, for good but unrankable maps.
Saturos
machol30
Man! too bad I can't replay in MP!! Here is a screenshot of me and Kai playing.

Currently, my highest score. I wish to conquer this map! I will tackle this hardcore sometime.
machol30
approved. ;)
Topic Starter
Puffles
Nice playthrough. I Wipido'd it.

http://www.wipido.com/video/2678
Orkel
Legendary map.
show more